Bangkok Taxi Driver Drags Motorcyclist's Bike for a Kilometre

webfact

21 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, after he understood that he had a motorcycle stuck under his car. It´s totally understandable, as many would have a breakdown out of something like that. 😂

However, it might also be that he just thought it was the engine sounding again. 😉 

He probably couldn't hear it over the crackly radio at 150 decibels (warning ; asking them to turn it down can be hazardous to your health). 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is such an extreme and callous act, this fool should have his license permanently revoked, be fined a million baht, and be arrested for assault. 

Without a deterrent, how does society behave? 

Exactly like they do here Mike, sadly.

57 minutes ago, Surasak said:

And make him replace the motorcycle, or how does the guy get to work?

Well he has to ride on the normal road below.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

A Bangkok-registered taxi was found in the median, its driver inside, seemingly unresponsive and complaining of chest pain. The severely damaged black Yamaha motorcycle lay nearby. 

This is going to be a new excuse , Unresponsive ,Chest pain .

Something like Faking a  Light  Heart attack.

Thais are the worst drivers on the planet.  They are the worst mothers, too. They kiss their sons' asses with no discipline whatsoever. The sons grow up having never learned accountability and consequences. 

3 more weeks and I'm out of here. I'm canceling my retirement visa and headed to other parts. Who needs this crap?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The taxi relentlessly reversed and moved forward, dragging the bike along.

He's going to find it very difficult to exlplain how a heart attack caused him to do that.

I sincerely hope the taxi has good insurance.  I was hit by one 13 years ago and believe it or not, he only had 3rd class insurance.  Anywhere else and they'd have to have full insurance including public liability - the full works.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I sincerely hope the taxi has good insurance.  I was hit by one 13 years ago and believe it or not, he only had 3rd class insurance.  Anywhere else and they'd have to have full insurance including public liability - the full works.

This is 3rd world country, no accountability for ones actions, and life is cheap....he could run you over and kill you, then walk free with a wai and 40000 baht....rinse and repeat.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, webfact said:

the taxi, initially in the far-right lane, abruptly moved to the middle lane, nearly causing an accident.  When Wicharaphon stopped to question the taxi driver, the taxi accelerated, knocking his bike over.

Seems that Wicharaphon thinks that he, somehow, has the authority to "stop and question" other motorists about their driving!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Bundooman said:

a large green bordered square marker, jiggering and bouncing, while hovering above the taxi and the motorbike.

Clearly, the intended audience is too dumb to understand why they are watching this video clip!

"Clearly, the intended audience is too dumb..."

Perhaps they had in mind the deficiencies of some AN posters who delight in disparaging Thai people?

26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
16 hours ago, webfact said:

the taxi, initially in the far-right lane, abruptly moved to the middle lane, nearly causing an accident.  When Wicharaphon stopped to question the taxi driver, the taxi accelerated, knocking his bike over.

Seems that Wicharaphon thinks that he, somehow, has the authority to "stop and question" other motorists about their driving!

When I first came here 20 years ago, a long-term resident advised me not to get involved with road rage as a minor incident can quickly get out of hand. He told me Thai men have pent-up aggression that becomes uncontrollable when provoked. The motorbike may have been in the taxi's blind spot, we just don't know. We also don't know what was said by the motorbike rider. There is no excuse for the taxi driver's actions but the motorbike rider did shoot himself in the foot all for the sake of a 'nearly' accident.

• Thanks 1

While I absolutely don’t condone the taxi driver’s actions, I can see that maybe he just snapped. When I drive in BKK, it’s pretty intense. The motorcycle guys are all over the place. Even going in the opposite direction of traffic so, I can see that maybe the taxi driver just snapped and said “<deleted> it!” “Im sick of all you motorcycle <deleted>holes!”

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

Thais are the worst drivers on the planet.  They are the worst mothers, too. They kiss their sons' asses with no discipline whatsoever. The sons grow up having never learned accountability and consequences. 

3 more weeks and I'm out of here. I'm canceling my retirement visa and headed to other parts. Who needs this crap?

Smart thing to move but you don't need to cancel the visa.  It will lapse when you don't renew it.

• Agree 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:46 PM, TDCNINJA said:

Well, I did a few years ago, went back with nothing and never regret my move. The only hard part was listening to all Thai apologists how bad the west is. It was not easy in the beginning, but it was worth it.

On 7/5/2024 at 11:18 AM, spidermike007 said:

This is such an extreme and callous act, this fool should have his license permanently revoked, be fined a million baht, and be arrested for assault. 

Without a deterrent, how does society behave? 

As it does now. 

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

As it does now. 

I don't buy that, entirely. What I find remarkable, is how decent and law abiding most Thai people are, despite the lack of a deterrent. These super freaks who commit these act of terror on the highway are the exception. Definitely not the rule. 

On 7/5/2024 at 6:59 AM, PETERTHEEATER said:

There's an inference that the taxi driver may have suffered a medical problem.

I'll bet he DID When the BIB Turned up......

On 7/5/2024 at 7:39 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

Yuup, 

any piss weak excuse to get himself off the hook. 

Very few Thai men actually man up when they cock up. Got to blame someone or something for their own actions. 

👆 100% this.