Labour Set to Win General Election Landslide, Exit Poll Indicates

My only wish is for Labour to save the NHS. Raising taxes on billionaires is fine but too high and the South of France will beckon.

Frankly, Starmer is not the PM one could have wished for. Much too flighty. Changes direction with the wind.

I noticed that Jeremy Corbyn kept his seat in Islington as an independent so him and Farage will provide Starmer with some very exciting PMQs I am sure.

3 hours ago, retarius said:

Brits are whiners. Bet the pages here are filled with Labour hating comments within 2 years.

You're way out in your timings!

It's a shame that your post hasn't got an exact time-stamp. I'd hazard a guess that it took <2 minutes for the Labour hating comments to start.

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Thanks for your best wishes, we'll certainly be needing it now that the lunatics are running the asylum 😃.

image.png.422be5e723e30fece3db916dceec62ff.png

Aaw diddums. Sore loser or what? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

I hope Labour has planned what to do if they are elected. The last time they went after rich people's money, Elton John and others moved to another country.

They will have to allow foreign doctors and nurses in again. There aren't enough Brits qualified to do the work.

Erm ....Elton actually contributed money to the Labour election campaign. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Thanks for your best wishes, we'll certainly be needing it now that the lunatics are running the asylum 😃.

image.png.422be5e723e30fece3db916dceec62ff.png

Awe ,the right wing snowflake crying into his Brexit hanky

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Aaw diddums. Sore loser or what? 

Of course not. I am fortunate enough to have left the UK and respect the will of the people.

If I was a sore loser it be saying things like "no-one voted to be poorer" or crying for a "people's vote" like a salty Remainer. 

The people who remain in the UK will be the ones who suffer, not people like me living it up in Thailand. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I doubt it. 

In two years it will still be someone else's fault.

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Labour supporters will blame it all on the Tories.

That's what they always do. 

It will be like Brexit then, with the responsible party unwilling to be accountable for its' failure (to date).

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Black arab said:

Awe ,the right wing snowflake crying into his Brexit hanky

Hardly, Labour won't reverse Brexit and I'm off to Sukhumvit in an hour or so for some cold beers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

It will be like Brexit then, with the responsible party unwilling to be accountable for its' failure (to date).

Funny, I just mentioned salty Remainers and then along you come 😃.

If Brexit was a failure we wouldn't be out performing France and Germany. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Of course not. I am fortunate enough to have left the UK and respect the will of the people.

If I was a sore loser it be saying things like "no-one voted to be poorer" or crying for a "people's vote" like a salty Remainer. 

The people who remain in the UK will be the ones who suffer, not people like me living it up in Thailand. 

The people who are in the UK have just sent a message that they are sick of suffering, or did you miss that?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chivas said:

The gaslighting is utterly astonishing

Which political party has driven taxes to a 70 year high............

Over to you xx

I am afraid that I am not particularly "au fait" with internet jargon, so am unsure what "gaslighting" is; however I never suggested that taxes had not risen, and would rise again, under the Tories, or indeed the Liberal Democrats. I simply don't see how Labour can begin to fulfill their spending plans/pledges without raising taxes, that's all.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a right leaning person, this i feel will be  total disaster for the UK. If the tories had delivered on their promises this would not have happened. But the tories needed a real wiping to show them how absolutely useless they were.

If labour now drop the vote to 16 and allow more immigration, the UK as I knew it as a kid is well and truly lost, for the right will never get in again with rule changes.

Most people did not vote labour so much as vote against tory failure. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The people who are in the UK have just sent a message that they are sick of suffering, or did you miss that?

I just said I accept the will of the people. I believe it is a massive mistake but the people get the government they deserve so they will have to accept the government taking more tax, a weaker economy, more immigration etc.

Fortunately I am here in Thailand on an LTR visa paying a flat 17% so I am largely unaffected by Labour's upcoming money grab on those who work hard. 

I'm not crying for another election like you salty Remainers did. See how that works?

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Funny, I just mentioned salty Remainers and then along you come 😃.

If Brexit was a failure we wouldn't be out performing France and Germany. 

Sorry busy morning. Anyway, I'm here now.

And you attribute that "outperformance" to Brexit? Be good to see your workings.

Btw since the referendum vote the UK has underperformed France on an annualised GDP growth basis (Source: World Bank)

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Sorry busy morning. Anyway, I'm here now.

And you attribute that "outperformance" to Brexit? Be good to see your workings.

Btw since the referendum vote the UK has underperformed France on an annualised GDP growth basis (Source: World Bank)

I'm saying that if Brexit was a failure we would be lagging behind similar sized economies that remained in the EU.

We are not. So your doomsday predictions re. Project Fear were either outright lies or the predictions of someone who knew very little.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I just said I accept the will of the people. I believe it is a massive mistake but the people get the government they deserve so they will have to accept the government taking more tax, a weaker economy, more immigration etc.

Fortunately I am here in Thailand on an LTR visa paying a flat 17% so I am largely unaffected by Labour's upcoming money grab on those who work hard. 

I'm not crying for another election like you salty Remainers did. See how that works?

Good for you.

More tax?

Weaker economy?

More immigration?

You might have missed the news today Jonny, the Tory Government that delivered those things has just been voted out of power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah it's ridiculous

3.9 million votes = 4 seats.

3.2 million votes = 66 seats.  😄

image.png.fe83fdb53037d17f585456e1a93ae798.png

Yes it is ridiculous, but you were less vocal about the result of the 2019 election when the Tories got an 80-seat majority with 43% of the vote.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Good for you.

Thanks Chomps, means a lot.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

More tax?

Weaker economy?

More immigration?

You might have missed the news today Jonny, the Tory Government that delivered those things has just been voted out of power.

The Tories failed. That's why Labour won. Unfortunately, Labour will escalate the issues with their misguided policies. I am just grateful to be in Thailand and away from the mess that is incoming. I don't think they'll last long but they probably won't need long to wreak havoc either. 

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

Yes it is ridiculous, but you were less vocal about the result of the 2019 election when the Tories got an 80-seat majority with 43% of the vote.

Stands to reason that the more ridiculous the result of FPTP, the more vocal I am.

This is absolutely nuts.

4 seats vs 71 when you got 500,000 more votes. Ludicrous 😃

image.png.3ca411a1cf2a71ad83bbc6b14ade104f.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The globalist establishment UniParty (Con+Lab) only secured 55% of the votes this time and is massively down from previous years - down from 76% in 2019 and down from 82% in 2017.   

Change is coming.   Not as fast as I'd like but I do consider this to be progress.   Hopefully this trend continues into the next election and Labour gets a similar kicking after people wake up to the fact that individual nations cannot achieve real growth when following the globalist agendas of Net Zero and mass immigration.  

Edited by James105

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We at least agree on the scale and breadth of the mess the Tories have created and which Labour now need to fix.

’Without raising taxes’?

Labour have pledged not to raise taxes on working people.

"Labour have pledged not to raise taxes on working people."  Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Every Labour leader in my adult lifetime pledged this, then increased taxes came with every budget that hit the working people badly. Road tax, fuel tax, tv licences, council tax, s.e.t. tax which they introduced in one of their budgets. 

It was just tax tax tax especially against the working people. anyone who thinks this "Sir" PM is going to be any different is living in LaLa Land.

"Labour have pledged not to raise taxes on working people."  Again I say Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Yes, they have said it for years, but they had their chance and decided to jump into bed with Cameron instead. Never trust a Lib Dem.

Cameron!! Where have I heard that name before? Oh! Now I remember, he once said" We are all in this together".

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

4 seats vs 71 when you got 500,000 more votes. Ludicrous 😃

image.png.3ca411a1cf2a71ad83bbc6b14ade104f.png

I also am in favour of a PR system.

But what this shows under the current system is that Reform get big numbers in a limited number of areas. While the LimDems can count on more widespread support.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I'm saying that if Brexit was a failure we would be lagging behind similar sized economies that remained in the EU. We are not.

And you can supply no evidence to support your contention that the UK's relative "success" is due to Brexit.

Moreover, you are cherry picking your countries and timescales to use as a comparison. Why not include Italy? If the UK/ Germany are similar in scale, so are the UK/ Italy. Why not set the timeline to July 2016 or February 2020?

In any event, absolute size means little. Exports make up 50% of Germany's GDP vs. <30% of the UK's. A slowdown in the world's economic growth was always going to hit them harder. Having a (imo) weak Chancellor and government doesn't help either.

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So your doomsday predictions re. Project Fear were either outright lies or the predictions of someone who knew very little.  

I made no doomsday predictions. I believed that Brexit would have negative effects for the UK in almost all regards e.g. economically, culturally, diplomatically, etc. Almost all the research and reports to date have shown that to be the case.

You claimed that Brexit would be beneficial for the UK. To date, there is little to suggest that is the case.

Maybe being 6,000 miles away has shielded you from the facts.

• Like 1