Answering my front door stark naked.

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

…Thai people!

bob.

Better place yourself under that same rock as RSD1. Maybe you even can join bubbles. Please don´t be naked.

21 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

What you are talking about is village life. It's a lot different when living in the city. You don't have those same kinds of small community social circles. 

Also, no, I don't drink at all. Haven't sat in a bar in decades. I don't moan and complain like the OP. I'm also not lonely, depressed, etc. So I don't fit the mold of most of the other geezers here on this channel. I enjoy life in Thailand. I also travel, which many here don't. I just fully understand the hierarchy of this place. It's that simple. I have no problem with it. It just is what it is. 

But noodle this: Let's say you've been living in the same village somewhere upcountry in Thailand for the last 10 years. You are polite, respectful, and well mannered to your neighbors and everyone else around you, you dress cleanly and show up at all the village events and ceremonies at the local temple, you pay your respects at funerals, etc, and you even pitch in a bit of money from time to time. So you are a well tolerated foreigner.

Then let's say one day you're walking in your village and you accidentally stumble and fall onto one of your neighbor's children, and, as a result, you accidentally break one of that child's legs. A very sad set of circumstances, but, no matter what, you are at fault. Yes, it was a complete accident, yes totally unintentional, and just a sad set turn of events. But the truth is, in their mind, none of this would've ever happened if you never got off that plane in Thailand. And that's what makes you the infidel. But there is a way out for you now. Just open you wallet and you will likely continue to be tolerated. And if you don't then things could get ugly for you in one way or another. You were once well tolerated, but suddenly you aren't unless you pay for your wrong doings, even if they are completely accidental. That's just how it is, isn't it? And you have to accept that, don't you? Their country, their rules. So you're a foreigner who is tolerated as long as you remain in your place and don't cause any friction, right? 

what a fantastic post!

what’s come over you recently?

I like it!

bob.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Better place yourself under that same rock as RSD1. Maybe you even can join bubbles. Please don´t be naked.

…can’t you see the wood for the trees yet, gottfiddle?

bob.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bob smith said:

…Thai people!

bob.

3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Bingo. Just the facts ma'am.

I guess you two have serious issues in finding good friends. Or, you just don´t bother, and then make up a story to defend why. Guys, it sound very bad and childish.

• Agree 1

What a load of complete bull<deleted>! You are using a disgusting way, when describing Thai people. You are painting them like evil people that only looks after themselves and basically hate foreigners, but can tolerate. This is such a weird delusion, that it almost ringing warning bells for severe mental issues.

Now I will simply lay it out for you, in hope that you will understand. If not, there is no help for you. The big question is how you, with that kind of mindset, actually sound like you want to stay here. For me it´s amazing that you wish to live among people, that you actually believe hate you.

This is how it is, instead of your weird description of something that can happen. Also, I do not from time to time pitch in any money and I live in a city. Not a tourist city, but still a city with about 200-300k people. That´s like more than Pattaya. So, now we got that clarified!

The reality is that if I would stumble on, or in any other way, hurt a child it makes it my responsibility to fix the situation. Exactly as it would be in any country where the welfare system does not work in a favorable way. Let´s say the kid breaks his leg as your example talk about. That´s not a big deal in Thailand, as most care for that will be free for children. However, I would of course take the child to private hospital and get it fixed properly as it was clearly my fault.

No one would demand any money on the side or have any demands for compensation except for the costs of hospital and treatment. However, as I am well versed in Thai traditions and culture, I would see it fit to give the parents anything between 3-5k baht as a nice gesture. That can be compared to a regular law suit in our home countries, that actually can be much more expensive. Of course, I would also give my apologize in a way that is culturally accepted in Thailand, as that´s the country I have chosen to live in.

Do you see anything here that is very different that in any other country, or anywhere that I open my wallet as I would be in great danger otherwise? Now crawl back under you little rock, stay in your confused bubble, and understand it´s time to stop degrading the warm hearts of genuine Thai people. The kind of people, that I have every reason in the world to call my friends.

Haha, thank you, that was great, I only read the first few sentences and realized how out to lunch you are and couldn't go on without laughing to tears. Maybe you should check your blood pressure though. I know you drink a lot and you getting your underwear in that much of a tight bunch can't be a good thing for your old ticker. Even though Bob pisses and moans like and cow in heat, he at least gets it. For you I guess there is no hope. But carry on. Just watch your blood pressure mate. 

14 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Don't worry about Barbie Bob because he can’t handle the truth! We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? BS Bob? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. Lol. 😆 

Just look at this comment. It´s all from delusional to pure madness. You have a greater responsibility than I can possibly fathom. What´s that? Spreading garbage and BS as well as sounding like someone that desperately missing the soft walls of home?

After that, I have luxury, a luxury of not knowing what you know. That´s when the real madness sat in. Just get it boy, You have the luxury of knowing nothing. That´s why you feel so good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

what a fantastic post!

what’s come over you recently?

I like it!

bob.

Thank you. I don't know. I guess everything changed for me when we had our love child together. I'm eating a delicious Whittakers Fruit and Nut milk chocolate bar right now, 33% cocoa, it's delish! you want some?

Haha, thank you, that was great, I only read the first few sentences and realized how out to lunch you are and couldn't go on without laughing to tears. Maybe you should check your blood pressure though. I know you drink a lot and you getting your underwear in that much of a tight bunch can't be a good thing for your old ticker. Even though Bob pisses and moans like and cow in heat, he at least gets it. For you I guess there is no hope. But carry on. Just watch your blood pressure mate. 

Don´t worry about that, little man. I am only 54, and not a single problem with blood pressure, drinking nor general health and I don´t have any underwear problem as well.

Just look at this comment. It´s all from delusional to pure madness. You have a greater responsibility than I can possibly fathom. What´s that? Spreading garbage and BS as well as sounding like someone that desperately missing the soft walls of home?

After that, I have luxury, a luxury of not knowing what you know. That´s when the real madness sat in. Just get it boy, You have the luxury of knowing nothing. That´s why you feel so good.

Thank you. I'll take all that as a compliment. Now go have another beer with all your wonderful local friends who don't want any of your money and that I'm fully deprived of. If only I could be more like you. So sad for me. 

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

I don´t have any underwear problem as well.

Could have fooled me. But good for you. Sounded like you were giving yourself a self wedgie on that last post. 

8 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bob.

Ok, now we turned over to gottfiddle again. That´s what you always do when you are out of other stupid ideas. It´s getting old Bob.

You are nothing but an old geezer who lost all realistic views of life, moaning and complaining day out and day in. Now take another glass of wine, beer or whatever you a sinking down do numb your sad feelings. Comfortably numb, just got a whole new perspective when you entered the picture.

I am talking about my personal experiences over the last 25 years in Thailand. The trees, I cut down already after the first year. You on the other hand, never even crossed the forest to see what was on the other side.

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bob.

It's gottfiddle or goatfiddler? Or maybe he prefers Ziegengeiger. He actually looks a bit like Goldfinger from the Bond films or maybe just Uncle Fester/Fister? 

Thank you. I don't know. I guess everything changed for me when we had our love child together. I'm eating a delicious Whittakers Fruit and Nut milk chocolate bar right now, 33% cocoa, it's delish! you want some?

You mentioned Whittakers, therefore you gotta be a Kiwi. 

Dammit... I do miss decent chocolate.  I see in news back home some delinquent stole several hundreds of blocks from several shops.  They caught the a-hole. 

Damn fine chocolate, up there with Mainland cheese.   Top quality products 

Could have fooled me. But good for you. Sounded like you were giving yourself a self wedgie on that last post. 

Another childish comment, but it was expected. Shows you attitude, and why you never find any real friends.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Comfortably numb

Oh, what a wonderful thought. But then you see Roger Waters going on about some political rubbish and it ruins it all. 

2 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

It's gottfiddle or goatfiddler? Or maybe he prefers Ziegengeiger. He actually looks a bit like Goldfinger from the Bond films or maybe just Uncle Fester/Fister? 

Ok, now you will be the one who owns the underwear problem. This one was so low and childish, that I think it´s time for mummy to come change diaper on her big boy. 😂

2 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Oh, what a wonderful thought. But then you see Roger Waters going on about some political rubbish and it ruins it all. 

Yeah, I expected you would start take 2 words out of context. That´s the level you are on.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

You mentioned Whittakers, therefore you gotta be a Kiwi. 

Dammit... I do miss decent chocolate.  I see in news back home some delinquent stole several hundreds of blocks from several shops.  They caught the a-hole. 

Damn fine chocolate, up there with Mainland cheese.   Top quality products 

Thanks. Actually, I discovered Whittakers one day in Foodland by mistake when they were out of stock on my usual Lindt. Great quality, fantastic taste, and lower cost than the European stuff. I also really like their Ghana Dark chocolate too, which I think is 73% Coco. You can find them both at either Foodland or Villa at 50 Baht a bar for 50 grams. Maybe some other places too. Just have a look and thank me later. 😆

I haven't actually been to New Zealand yet, but I was planning a trip there to Christchurch recently to spend some time in the mountains and then unfortunately ended up going somewhere else a bit closer instead. But I do still hope to make it there one day. It sounds like a wonderful place.

Edited by RSD1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Dammit... I do miss decent chocolate.

Tops has it now too! The 3 bars at the bottom of the screenshot below are what I usually buy. Buy 2 and get 1 free at the moment. 

IMG_6593.thumb.jpeg.87980d2ec636d175880401e37b687c99.jpeg

Edited by RSD1

56 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

It's a lot different when living in the city. You don't have those same kinds of small community social circles. .............................

So you're a foreigner who is tolerated as long as you remain in your place and don't cause any friction, right? 

Yes, you do have those social circles.

Work related, kids school, neighbors.

You keep projecting your low social status on everybody else. 

12 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Tops has it now too! The 3 bars at the bottom of the screenshot below are what I usually buy. Buy 2 and get 1 free at the moment. 

IMG_6593.thumb.jpeg.87980d2ec636d175880401e37b687c99.jpeg

Cheers for the heads up.  I'm just out of Korat and local selection at Lotus'sss is abysmal. 

May head into the big smoke on the weekend and see what I can find at Tops. 

40 minutes ago, bob smith said:

tell it to @Gottfrid 

he just doesn’t get it !

bob.

What people like him don't ever understand is that he will be tolerated to a point and made to feel like he is fully accepted within his local social circles, but it's all a game of making nice nice to the foreigner. And what they won't stand for is him trying to change anything, taking charge of anything or giving his opinion on local matters when he wasn't asked for it. That's when the ball drops and one who is deluded like him usually has an epiphany and realizes he was never really accepted on an equal level to begin with. For some, who are smart enough to understand things, this reality check can be soul destroying. For others they just don't and never will get it, it just goes right over their head, and they remain in Lala-Land. Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Poetry:

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

I'm sorry, kiddo. I really am. You have a good soul. And I hate giving good people bad news. Don't worry about it. As soon as you step outside that door you'll start feeling better. You'll remember you don't believe in any of this fate crap. You're in control of your own life. Remember? Here. Take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain.

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Yes, you do have those social circles.

Work related, kids school, neighbors.

You keep projecting your low social status on everybody else. 

If you were a bit more clever, intuitive and insightful you might be able to trigger a proper response, but so far you haven't nailed even one correct point. Keep trying though. Eventually you might get lucky by mistake. 

20 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Cheers for the heads up.  I'm just out of Korat and local selection at Lotus'sss is abysmal. 

Sorry to hear that mate. Just go onto Lazada and Shopee and type in "Whittakers Chocolate" and you'll be in Whittakers heaven in no time. And delivered right to your door. It goes great with some good weed too!

On 7/7/2024 at 4:25 PM, bob smith said:

yesterday afternoon I had a few drinks at home.

In fact, it was more than a few.

I had half a bottle of whiskey and 2 bottles of wine.

I am currently at my main house located in a moo bahn.

if I’m at home on the weekend I rarely wear clothes, especially if it’s warm..

anyway, I drew the curtains on all the windows and there were no cars on the drive.

the gate was closed.

i clearly did not want to be disturbed.

about 17:00 tea time the bell went.

I was sat downstairs in the nak, I was tucking into a nice kebab that I had knocked together from a bit of left over beef and pork.

I ignored the bell.

Then it went off again, I still ignored it.

After 5 times of ringing I decided to get out of my chair and answer the door in the buff.

I had had enough and I was definitely not sober.

when I opened the door i saw it was the juristic goons at my gate.

I said in plain English ‘What do you want?’

the main guy had some kind of a clipboard in his hand.

he smiled and said ‘no problem sir’ and walked away.

I hope that is the last time they ever ring my doorbell.

bob.

Good job it wasn't a nice bit of fluff Bob. Would you have been up for it?

2 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Don’t think I understand your point. But I’m not negative. Life in Thailand is great. I never complain about it. I just accept my place though. As long as I open my wallet I’m welcome. That keeps it easy and simple. 

That sounds like a negative to me...  You should we welcomed whether you open your wallet or not, just as other Thai's are... If someone is being welcomed 'only' because they are opening their wallet, then there are issues.

Posted (edited)

Well its your home Bob and your entired to walk around B##lock naked , i do however recommend possibly wearing a posing pouch when answering the door to strangers like the one in the photo available from Lazada 

61651thumb.0.jpg

Edited by Brick Top
Spelling

On 7/7/2024 at 4:33 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You mean they didn't even call you 'hansum man' and compliment the excellence of your schlong ???  

He probably went blind.....the mind knows how to protect itself.

31 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Check this out:

https://www.lotuss.com/en/search/whittakers?sort=relevance:DESC

Says they will deliver to your home or you can have it sent to your local branch and pick it up there.