Russian National Arrested for Overstaying and 1 Million Baht Bribery Attempt in Surat Thani

webfact

27 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Koh Pha Ngan the hub of illegal working foreigners.

Isn't KPN the island where they do the Half Moon party ? Where some couples was found death  ? 

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

KPN do the full moon parties, Tao is death island, you need to get out more

most places with back packers and younger tourists do full moon and half moon, black moon parties, but you are correct Koh Phangan is famous for their full moon parties, and Koh Tao for their horrible deaths and horror conspiration being the death island with many bizarre murders and suicides. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Surat Thani-On July 10th, the Koh Pha Ngan Tourist Police apprehended a suspect identified only as Mr. Denis, a 42-year-old Russian national, at a house in the Baan Tai sub-district of Koh Pha Ngan district. Mr. Denis had overstayed his visa by a staggering 175 days. During the arrest, five motorbikes were seized from him.

The police investigation began after receiving complaints about a foreigner advertising motorbike rental services on Telegram under the name “Bike Phangan Samui RENT SALE.”

In a sting operation, the police rented a motorbike from Mr. Denis for 2,800 baht per week.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-07-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

So 400bht a day 😱 Peng mak 

58 minutes ago, BestB said:

Safe to assume one of the locals was upset that he/she could not compete with a guy renting 5 bikes. So pathetic , though no idea why he let his visa run out if he had a spare million 

He didn't have a million, it would have been his friend's according to the article.

58 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

We don't like SNITCHES on AN.

Alas, there seem to be quite a few on these boards that simply can't live and let live. It amuses me to hear those very same posters disparage what they perceive as entitlement and condemn what they call Karens when they are little better.

is a horrible <deleted> demographic 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Denis admitted that he had never renewed his visa since arivingving in Thailand

I wonder why?  He had money to try bribe the police, butt not to extend his visa.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Koh Tao for their horrible deaths and horror conspiration being the death island with many bizarre murders

Apart from the Witheridge and Miller murders, what are the "many bizarre murders" to which you refer?  Are there, in fact, any, that have been confirmed as murders, that fall into your "bizarre" category?   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Apart from the Witheridge and Miller murders, what are the "many bizarre murders" to which you refer?  Are there, in fact, any, that have been confirmed as murders, that fall into your "bizarre" category?   

Read conspirecy in my post! Christ sake

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Friend from Phuket told me that there are a lot of farangs who more than happy to snitch on their countrymen. Not only Russians though, I knew a dutchman reporting "undercover" in Pattaya, few middle aged eastern european b**ches at Cha Am, american a**hole at Rayong and brits at Bangkok - mostly on illegal teachers.

why do they do it? Maybe some protection for their not-so-legal activities or just for the thrill of it? IDK

Why are you so supportive of the criminal b**ches and a**hole element that you object so vehemently to their being exposed?

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Read conspirecy in my post! Christ sake

For Christ's sake, you specifically posted that Koh Tao is "the death island with many bizarre murders", you did not post that Koh Tao is "the death island with many "conspiratorial deaths"!  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Alas, there seem to be quite a few on these boards that simply can't live and let live.

true, very true. sick and pathetic bastards.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

he offered motorcycles for rent at 2,800 baht for a week and 2,100 baht for two weeks

What an interesting business model. Must be a great idea and explains the 1m bribe offer....

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For Christ's sake, you specifically posted that Koh Tao is "the death island with many bizarre murders", you did not post that Koh Tao is "the death island with many "conspiratorial deaths"!  

whatever you want to bitch about, try someone else

I'm not "bitching" about anything, I was commenting on your post that falsely alleged other "bizarre murders";  you're the one who seems to be bitching about the response that your ill-defined comment received.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

he offered motorcycles for rent at 2,800 baht for a week and 2,100 baht for two weeks

What an interesting business model.

What an interesting interpretation of a translated report that obviously refers to weekly rates, discounted for a two-week rental.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm not "bitching" about anything, I was commenting on your post that falsely alleged other "bizarre murders";  you're the one who seems to be bitching about the response that your ill-defined comment received.

Koh Tao got its own death youtube channel www.youtube.com/@KOHTAOMURDERSDEATHISLAND facebook page facebook.com/KohTaoDeathIsland

So dive in and see for your self. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

So what now? 1 million in bribe not good enough now? i have heard about cost of living going up but this is 

breaking all the bribing rules.. secondly, anyone dumb enough to overstay that long and work illegally

like in your face guys, deserves what he gets...

A Thai official refusing 1 million Baht bribe is newsworthy. If I was presented with such a bribe my integrity would be sorely challenged and would probably come off second best.

• Agree 2

Seems like the Russians are taking the "Bad Boys" mantle from the Brits.

Think the Brits have been engrossed in the footie - "It's coming home!" 😂

(If they get beaten by Spain - AN will no doubt have a few headlines about "Brits on the rampage"!

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Would there be something wrong with that?

Are you capable of compiling a post containing more than one sentence?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Oh my God! Those criminal Russians are hitting the news headlines in Thailand almost daily!

Enough is enough.

Visa rules must be tightened!

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

The good thing in all of these posts is that they're leaving the Brits alone!