Parental visa....need to take a witness?

Went to immigration yesterday yearly parental extension. Had everything done and ready to go. Not my first rodeo. I went alone as GF had to take her son to the clinic. Another new requirement this year....asking for a "witness". I said witness to what....blank stare. Anyway had to return again this morning, 40km round trip to bring a "witness". Officer wasn't there 30 mins after opening so the Imm boss said all they need is GF signed ID and Tabien baan. Gave them that and came home. They actually asked if the landord could come as well yesterday. IO rang up and spoke to my GF and said if I live with someone they need to come with me. I rent and the lease is in my name. Is that a requirement or lets make it up as we go along thing? Then they asked my GF if we live like husband and wife or just live together like friends, and if there is anyone else living in the house. I always try and go with the flow, don't like to make problems but sheesh.

Interestingly 2 days in a row I have been there 8.30 - 10am...big provincial office too. First morning no one there during the whole time....this morning one other farang. Mate of mine told me a visa agent told him they were going to drop the retirement financial requirement down to 400k. Anyone heard this? Have people left Thailand due to new tax laws?

Edited by Kenny202

1 hour ago, john donson said:

your child is supposed to be with you...  what office ?  you state BANGKOK in your profile

Child was with me of course.

What does it matter what office it is or what I state in my profile? You want to know where I live?

I purposely don't post personal information on a public forum for a reason, nor should anyone else

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

You want to know where I live?

I purposely don't post personal information on a public forum for a reason, nor should anyone else

Knowing which immigration office you deal with is hardly your address.

Many offices in Thailand have their own guidelines and "way of doing things" 

Post limited information (especially re immigration office) receive limited answers. 

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Child was with me of course.

What does it matter what office it is or what I state in my profile? You want to know where I live?

my personnel hell and where I have to go is SAMUT PRAKARN

shi.thole at best, gave me a lot of hardships after divorce

get denied twice by them, even the mother had ZERO interest in taking care of kids

3 hours ago, john donson said:

my personnel hell and where I have to go is SAMUT PRAKARN

shi.thole at best, gave me a lot of hardships after divorce

get denied twice by them, even the mother had ZERO interest in taking care of kids

It's the one visa (parent of a Thai child) where they should show some understanding and leeway. My ex did the same thing and as I found out later she had abandoned other kids as well. Whats the alternative, just leave them here to fend for themselves?

I found it very difficult the first time applying for the parental extension. It was apparent they really didn't want to do it. There was a new hoop to jump through every few days. Ended up a 5 trip visit, people from my moo baan posing for photos (try making a Thai woman understand you need to take photos in the bedroom, I don't understand it myself). Then requests for the same people from the moo baan to attend interviews....as if everyone has nothing better to do or can just take a day off work to help me out. I barely knew anyone here then too. Was pretty awful but once the first one is done not too bad

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Was pretty awful but once the first one is done not too bad

So what are you actually asking about. 

Your rumor about change to extensions based on retirement is irrelevant along with comment on taxation. 

• Agree 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

So what are you actually asking about. 

Your rumor about change to extensions based on retirement is irrelevant along with comment on taxation. 

As are most of your snarky comments above, usually cryptic replies and dead end thread links you post. I am not really asking much at all apart from is having a witness a legal requirement in any office or local rules and a rant. I've never found you helpful or knowledgable in anyway and you I assume the moderator on one of the most important forums on AN. You had 2 goes at getting a bite. There you go... U got one

• Agree 1

Repeat...you now state ...

"Was pretty awful but once the first one is done not too bad".

Also seems you obtain extensions in Bangkok.

CW should not require witness.

Other immigration offices in Bangkok may.

Your thread assists no one without which office you use. 

I had to become a tourist for more than a year, even till covid started ... after many years to be able to stay with my kids

they laughed when me and kids pleaded to approve

had all requirements, except one paper they wanted my ex to sign...

had a good lawyer that had connections, that went a step higher (I spoke to head of immigration of SP to no avail) ...  then they were FORCED and suddenly I had to write how good they helped to get my visa, I should have obtained but because of some evil witch with power denied me one too many times...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john donson said:

I had to become a tourist for more than a year, even till covid started ... after many years to be able to stay with my kids

they laughed when me and kids pleaded to approve

had all requirements, except one paper they wanted my ex to sign...

had a good lawyer that had connections, that went a step higher (I spoke to head of immigration of SP to no avail) ...  then they were FORCED and suddenly I had to write how good they helped to get my visa, I should have obtained but because of some evil witch with power denied me one too many times...

Clearly a misunderstanding 🤣