Are you spending more or less than you had planned before coming here?

8 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Nearest Tops is 2.5 hours drive, one way. Makro is closer and I spend 5000-6000 baht every time we go there. They don't have everything I need though. The well stocked Makro is again 2.5 hours drive. That's the whole day gone, just for shopping. 

We do city twice a month about 16k 186km roundtrip. It is okay, and a lifestyle that suits me well, but the heat and smokey season kind of killed it for me at the end this year when the rain didnt come. I can deal with the heat, but not the smoke and the heat.

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We have budget living as we do, and in return the farm provides 300k back

You are lucky. I'm a city slick and not a farmer. Even my attempt to grow some Ganja failed, and the plants all died.:crying:

On 7/14/2024 at 8:35 PM, Hummin said:

3 dogs 5 people 

My dog eat 200g beef a day, 

We have a cat, and that monster animal is spoiled silly by my wife. He will only eat Japanese tuna in jelly, and Korean kibbles at 90 baht per small pack per day. As an advantage though, he keeps the house free from rodents, squirrels and snakes, and have been known to attack dogs and trespassers. To the point that everybody around is scared <deleted>less to step into our property:smile:

On 7/18/2024 at 2:52 AM, Hummin said:

We do city twice a month about 16k 186km roundtrip. It is okay, and a lifestyle that suits me well, but the heat and smokey season kind of killed it for me at the end this year when the rain didnt come. I can deal with the heat, but not the smoke and the heat.

You need to move ,you will get respiratory issues .

Look at the Philippines maybe 

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You need to move ,you will get respiratory issues .

Look at the Philippines maybe 

Already moved back to a country with fresh air and free air-conditioning. When Im not happy, I do something about it, and Phil is no better solution. More Islands to choose from maybe, thats basically the biggest difference. The others is minor except Thailand have better infrastructure 

On 7/14/2024 at 2:30 PM, arick said:

Are you feeding an army at from macro. I spend either like six or $7,000 a month or maybe $1,900 a week no damn way that you spend that much money at macro month unless you're buying beef every minute and the huge kilos of salmon. I spend a lot more on diesel than 1200 more like 1200 a week

Is there any reason that compelled you to add a $ to your figures? Seems a bit strange. If you need a sign, use ฿ 😊

On 7/17/2024 at 11:16 PM, SpaceKadet said:

Yes, living in a one room apartment with fan, eating the local food from the street vendors, and having a few Chang for entertainment.

I would not call that living, more like subsiding.

I'm spending about twice what I calculated for a family of two. And we have own house.

I'm blaming it all on UK politics that made GBP lose over 40% just one year after I retired here.

I enjoy eating cheap.

On 7/14/2024 at 2:35 PM, Hummin said:

3 dogs 5 people 

My dog eat 200g beef a day, 

That doesn't seem much, unless you mean per dog. 

I buy a couple of kgs of chicken, slow cooked and then mixed with brown rice. Stopped buy stinky overpriced kibble. What advantage do yoou think more expensive beef has over chicken? Do you serve it raw or cooked?

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

I buy a couple of kgs of chicken, slow cooked and then mixed with brown rice. Stopped buy stinky overpriced kibble. What advantage do yoou think more expensive beef has over chicken? Do you serve it raw or cooked?

They eat better than me....(:

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:02 AM, arick said:

You can have 80% of your liver removed out of government hospital for $120,000 including private room.

120,000 dollars is a lot....

16 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Is there any reason that compelled you to add a $ to your figures? Seems a bit strange. If you need a sign, use ฿ 😊

Oh don't be so prejudice!

Many of us live and want to live in a global society, it all should be one currency !

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NowNow said:

He also get dry food. He is allergic to chicken, so only salomon, lamb and beef for him as well vegetables, 

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

They eat better than me....(:

People are scared of him, so he deserves it 

Had false police coming in a pick up asking how many lived there and how we secured the farm. Did not go out of the car because of my dog.

Mom in law said 8, and we let lose the two other dogs in the night. Havent seen them back after that.

But since we are not there we have to put up ctv and fence unfortunate.

Been a few violent robberies lately against outback farms

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

He also get dry food. He is allergic to chicken, so only salomon, lamb and beef for him as well vegetables, 

Allergic huh? Does that include duck? Somehow I'm quite sure that your parents-in-law don't buy lamb and salmon for him. Beef you can get for just for just over 200 baht per kg, so possible. Salmon belly is also available relatively cheaply. Lamb? Tell me about it.

Edited by NowNow

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Allergic huh? Does that include duck?

I do not know, made a search 

For this reason, vets often suggest trying novel protein diets for their furry patients. Duck is one such novel protein. Many pet parents with this concern wonder, "Can dogs eat duck if they're allergic to chicken?" After all, both these foods are poultry. The answer, according to most experts, is a resounding yes.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I do not know, made a search 

For this reason, vets often suggest trying novel protein diets for their furry patients. Duck is one such novel protein. Many pet parents with this concern wonder, "Can dogs eat duck if they're allergic to chicken?" After all, both these foods are poultry. The answer, according to most experts, is a resounding yes.

I'll try serving duck necks this week. I usually serve chicken necks. They eat everything immediately. Not even a grain of rice is left. 

I wasn’t really planning on any specific amount. I just roughly guessed how much I’d spend every month and that’s about how it has gone this time. I think my average spending is less than 60k baht.  And for that, I do whatever I want and invest the rest of my monthly income.