!!

Nakhon Ratchasima man orders toolset, gets water bottles instead

snoop1130

callcenter-2-1.jpg

A man from Nakhon Ratchasima was left disheartened after spending 499 baht on what he believed to be a set of tools but instead received three bottles of water.

Nirat Sukboon, a 46 year old resident of Nai Mueang subdistrict, Phimai district, took his complaint to the Phimai Police Station, presenting the evidence of the water bottles.

Nirat shared that he came across a Facebook page advertising a toolset for 499 baht. The price was significantly lower than the market rate, and since he needed new tools, he decided to place an order. Trusting the advertisement, he transferred the money upfront as requested. However, upon receiving his package, he was shocked to find only three bottles of water.

Nirat decided to file a police report and warn the public about the potential risks of online shopping.

Nirat’s case is now under investigation by the Phimai Police, who will look into the fraudulent Facebook page and work to track down the individuals responsible.

The government has been pushing for more stringent regulations and better monitoring of online platforms to curb these kinds of fraudulent activities. Consumers are urged to report any suspicious activities or fraudulent transactions to the police to help combat the issue, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-16

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

You have to be really careful when ordering from those Facebook "sponsored" ad sites. 

There is literally no control over them and they can rip people off for ages and then literally just close the page and start a new one with a different name.

And Facebook doesn't care in the least, especially if they are still able to generate Ad revenue from it.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Facebook don't give a siht, just after the advertising revenue. I've reported several scams and nothing gets done about them.

Same here.  These illegal driver's license scams sometimes pops up as sponsored ads.  I report them to FB and they don't see them as an issue based on their advertisement guidelines. 

On 7/16/2024 at 3:33 PM, edwinchester said:

Facebook don't give a siht, just after the advertising revenue. I've reported several scams and nothing gets done about them.

I've reported videos of people literally being shot and killed and they don't do a thing.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1