Elon Musk to Give $45M Monthly to Trump Super PAC

Social Media

image.png.7cb59e7799d6062c9db39463cc07874a.png

Tech billionaire Elon Musk has announced a commitment to donate $45 million per month to a new political action committee (PAC) backing former President Donald Trump. This significant pledge, reported by The Wall Street Journal, marks one of the largest financial commitments of the 2024 presidential campaign, potentially amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars over the election cycle.

The announcement coincided with Trump being named the Republican Party's official nominee and his selection of Ohio Senator JD Vance as his running mate. The PAC, named America PAC, will focus primarily on voter outreach and registration efforts, aiming to counteract the traditionally strong campaigns of the Democratic Party in these areas.

Other notable backers of America PAC include the Winklevoss twins, tech entrepreneur Joe Lonsdale, former ambassador to Canada and Kentucky Senate candidate Kelly Craft, and her husband, coal executive Joe Craft. The PAC was established in May and registered in Texas. According to federal filings, it raised $8.75 million in the second quarter and had just under $100,000 cash on hand at the end of June.

Musk's commitment to America PAC represents a significant shift in his political involvement. Despite previously promising to stay out of the 2024 election, Musk has now endorsed Trump and pledged substantial financial support. This endorsement came shortly after Trump survived an attempted assassination, with Musk expressing his support and wishing for Trump's rapid recovery in a post on his social media platform X, alongside a video of Trump raising his fist after being shot in the ear.

Musk's fortune is estimated at around $252 billion, making him one of the wealthiest individuals in the world. He is the CEO of electric carmaker Tesla, leads the space firm SpaceX, and owns the social media platform X. His financial backing of Trump's campaign through America PAC could significantly influence the dynamics of the 2024 presidential race.

The Journal also reported that Musk and Trump had discussed a potential advisory role for Musk in a second Trump administration, indicating growing political closeness between the two figures in recent months. This financial commitment, along with the support from other high-profile backers, positions America PAC as a formidable force in the upcoming election, particularly in efforts to mobilize voters and enhance Trump's campaign infrastructure.

Musk's unprecedented financial support underscores the high stakes of the 2024 election and highlights the increasing involvement of billionaires in shaping political outcomes. As America PAC ramps up its activities, its impact on the election landscape will be closely watched by both supporters and opponents of the Trump campaign.

Credit: NYT 2024-07-17

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Lol the Nazi comparison was quick on this one. Is that all you guys have? 😃

it's all they ever had. jan 2029 cannot come fast enough. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I hope Musk pays for Trump's private security, seeing as the Secret Service's biggest secret seems to be that their DEI policy has left them a remarkably incompetent outfit, at best.

image.png.aaeec918ca654ddb3abc4487965fa421.png

And your DEI was right behind it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I hope Musk pays for Trump's private security, seeing as the Secret Service's biggest secret seems to be that their DEI policy has left them a remarkably incompetent outfit, at best.

image.png.aaeec918ca654ddb3abc4487965fa421.png

Quite so, you may have noticed that at the National Convention on Monday, Trump had an all MALE Secret Service security detail!!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt there is an American alive that has received more money from the Federal Government than Musk.

Or trump

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, susanlea said:

I'm sure he cares about you :coffee1:

What makes you so sure? I used to admire him and now I don't, his reaction to this damning statement is of no concern to me just as my statement is of no concern of his.

• Agree 1

Just now, soalbundy said:

What makes you so sure? I used to admire him and now I don't, his reaction to this damning statement is of no concern to me just as my statement is of no concern of his.

Nobody cares about your opinion. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Waste it on restoring free speech to social media?  Some things matter more to him than money.  Thank goodness.

Great service restoring free speech. Worth every penny. The left just don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1