Expats angry at huge concessions in latest Thai visa announcements

13 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Hey, I learned from AN that it means "powers that be"...

I admit, we live in the tropics, so I could have meant "Python Telegram Bot"

Thank you. It will take than these two documented uses for that meaning of PTB to make it into the English dictionary.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2024 at 9:56 AM, CallumWK said:

Don't Elite via holders need to extend every year?

Yes. There is nothing such as an elite visa.

• Thailand Elite is a membership programme
  • It among other things  provides as a benefit under the cheapest plan the 5 year multi entry privileged entry or "PE" visa.

I know and I understand and may be excused to use the term from time to time. There is no need to extend in Thailand if one travel internationally before the  one year duration permit to stay ends.

Some mind boggling gormless dullards who had PE visas actually ended up on overstay and banned. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, racket said:

You ALWAYS need a re-entry permit if you are planning to leave the country regardless of visa type in your passport. 

There are two types of reentry permits available:

1.     Single Reentry Permit: Allows you to leave and re-enter Thailand once.
    2.    Multiple Reentry Permit: Allows you to leave and re-enter Thailand multiple times within the validity period of your visa.

The Elite visa is a multi-entry Visa so you don't need a re-entry permit to re-enter whilst it's still valid (Same is true of the LTR & 1 year Non-IMM OA visa and apparently the new DTV visa). 

I started on a 1 year Non-IMM O "Retirement" & visited Thailand at least 10 times (working in SG I used to pop over for a long weekend at least once per month) over the course of the year without needing a re-entry permit until I came in just before it was expiring & I needed to get a re-entry permit to protect my permission to stay so I could return to get an extension (With Multi Re-Entry permit as the Visa was no longer valid). 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Farma said:

Why do you continue to talking rubbish.

As the holder on an Elite visa I can assure you a re-entry permit is not required.

I leave for however long and upon return receive a 1 year entry stamp.

Interesting. What happens if you want to extend or continue your stay without getting a new 1-year stamp? Wouldn’t that completely invalidate your current status? I know it's not required, but It wouldn’t be wise to take a short trip, say to Singapore, and come back with a new 1-year stamp if you haven’t fully utilized your stay. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that all visas require a re-entry permit to continue your stay.

Edited by racket
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, racket said:

I understand your first point. However, let's consider a scenario where you begin your elite visa journey and are currently three months in, with 9 months remaining in the first year of your 5-year elite visa. You decide to leave Thailand for a short trip to Singapore and plan to return after a week. If you return to Thailand without a re-entry permit, does this void the remaining 9 months, or do you receive a new 1-year entry? From my understanding, if you don't apply for a re-entry permit, you will lose the remaining 9 months and instead receive a new 1-year stamp on your passport based on your 5-year elite visa, effectively starting your second year. That’s why I have repeatedly said that one might need to apply for a re-entry permit if you’re going to continue your stay based on your initial 1-year stamp.

image.png.6a096a24726daf0ede8cfc1613969c6a.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ralf001 said:

image.png.6a096a24726daf0ede8cfc1613969c6a.png

Alright, thanks. That’s exactly what was needed to know. Now it makes more sense why someone would pay a premium price—because being elite isn’t cheap! 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, G_Money said:

You two get along well.

Must live in the same building or share a room together to cut expenses.

Another accurate assessment?

Calling your dumb, childish assumptions always an "assessment" doesn't make those less empty, or more relevant.

29 minutes ago, racket said:

You don't have an elite visa because you're a clown artist. Reread my posts before making foolish comments, or you'll look even more stupid than you do now. 

this idiot is still doubling down. lol. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, racket said:

Interesting. What happens if you want to extend or continue your stay without getting a new 1-year stamp? Wouldn’t that completely invalidate your current status? I know it's not required, but It wouldn’t be wise to take a short trip, say to Singapore, and come back with a new 1-year stamp if you haven’t fully utilized your stay. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that all visas require a re-entry permit to continue your stay.

Like the LTR once a year are to check in wiht the BOI to provide current address ( or with other immigration office) but if during the year, a holder departs Thailand for any reason before the 1 year period, then upon return to Thailand enters and that 1-year report would be due in 365 more days, if after 300 days he departs again without having to check in with the BOI, upon return the original 1-year report re-starts for 365 days without having to go to the BOI. One can do this as many times as one wants without getting an exit stamp fro re-entry.  just saying, stgatus is not invalidated at all.  Other visas like the retirement O if one departgs they must get a re-entry permit to keep the visa valid.  Elite, ltr and guess the DTV do not.  Just saying as you are mistaken about ALL visas in your comment.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Indeed... Rather amusing !

Just like all the comments that even nowAdays continue about the LTR when folks obviously have no clue yet they continue to put out false data on that visa too.   Amazing all the different stories about 1 subject that we continue seeing on every issue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, racket said:

I understand your first point. However, let's consider a scenario where you begin your elite visa journey and are currently three months in, with 9 months remaining in the first year of your 5-year elite visa. You decide to leave Thailand for a short trip to Singapore and plan to return after a week. If you return to Thailand without a re-entry permit, does this void the remaining 9 months, or do you receive a new 1-year entry? From my understanding, if you don't apply for a re-entry permit, you will lose the remaining 9 months and instead receive a new 1-year stamp on your passport based on your 5-year elite visa, effectively starting your second year. That’s why I have repeatedly said that one might need to apply for a re-entry permit if you’re going to continue your stay based on your initial 1-year stamp.

You will be given a new 12 month permission to stay which starts from day of entry & would cover the previous 9 months you had + an extra 3 months so you won’t lose anytime in Thailand.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Just like all the comments that even nowAdays continue about the LTR when folks obviously have no clue yet they continue to put out false data on that visa too.   Amazing all the different stories about 1 subject that we continue seeing on every issue.

What ?

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

You don't understand anything, What you are posting is absolute rubbish, You should be stopped from ever posting on threads relating to visas, Misinformation spewed out by ill informed idiots who have appointed themselves as experts can at best cause people inconvenience, at worst it can cause people to end up in a whole load of trouble.   Do you offer unqualified medical or financial advice too ?  Worryingly I rather imagine that you do 

Well said.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

Calling your dumb, childish assumptions always an "assessment" doesn't make those less empty, or more relevant.

What can be, Unburdened by what has been.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, Ralf001 said:

multi-entry visa still need a re-entry permit !!

Dimwit post of the year goes to you.

complete nonesense !!!

as  before on multiple I DO NOT NEED A RE ENTRY PREMIT......visa stillvalid for 3,4,5,6,78, entrys