Found it at last....something that cures constipation for me!!!!!

Isnt that contain high sugar? 

What about water intake and activity like swimming and yoga breathing techniques? 

Digestion problems can be due to inactivity 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 2

Sometimes what works best for oneself is unexpected. In my case eating a platefull of spinach works wonders. Better even than Plantago ovata.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds interesting .    You do say its a "natural"  product ..... i wonder what ALL the ingredients are, but will go check it out  ( if you can post a screenshot of the ingredients that would be great ) .

Have you tried taking HALF a packet ?   Just wondering how strong this stuff is ,  like do you wake up and have to run to the toilet ??

thanks for posting.    should be a few 70 yr olds interested .   ( i will not take any prescription stuff) 

also......... you take it every day ??

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Well, when I was first diagnosed with a "slow digestive system" I was playing a good standard of football with 2 to 3 games per week as well as training, so even that didn't make a difference back then.

I have increased my water intake and now try to do a fair bit of walking, but as I said no amount of training/exercise ever made a difference. Also I can't swim and at the age of 76 I'm not about to try and learn!

As well as containing many natural ingredients like gooseberry powder, spinach powder and so on, they do have Fructo-oligosaccharides which do make the drink taste very sweet, however the following may be of help to anyone who is worried about sugar intake: –

"Fructo-oligosaccharides are made up of plant sugars linked in chains. They are taken from asparagus, Jerusalem artichokes, and soybeans, or produced in the laboratory. People use these sugars to make medicine.
Fructo-oligosaccharides are used for constipation, traveler's diarrhea, and high cholesterol levels. Fructo-oligosaccharides are also used as prebiotics. Prebiotics act as food for “good” bacteria in the intestine. They pass undigested into the colon where they increase bowel mass and promote growth of certain bacteria that are thought to be beneficial".

To be free of constipation after more than 40 years of suffering from it and trying everything, yes everything, to alleviate the problem, for me this is a godsend. AND the ingredients supposedly help with lowering cholesterol, an added benefit/bonus.

It was just a few questions based on ignorance, and willing to learn from your experiences. 

Heard yoga have been great for other digestive problems, so thats why. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

Sounds interesting .    You do say its a "natural"  product ..... i wonder what ALL the ingredients are, but will go check it out  ( if you can post a screenshot of the ingredients that would be great ) .

Have you tried taking HALF a packet ?   Just wondering how strong this stuff is ,  like do you wake up and have to run to the toilet ??

thanks for posting.    should be a few 70 yr olds interested .   ( i will not take any prescription stuff) 

I will post the ingredients shortly, but in answer to your questions, one small packet contains about the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of the powder, so not sure if half a packet would work, although I may give it a try.

It's not really strong in that it makes you run to the toilet, however if taken before bed, about 10 to 12 hours later one feels the need to go to the toilet although not like my combination of sorbitol and prune juice which means that you have to be close to the toilet as it can be quite "vicious" when it works!

Of all of the things I've tried, including prescription remedies, this seems to really fit the bill for me, and as per your request, here are the ingredients therein: –

Tamarind powder.
Chlorella powder.
Psyllium husk powder.
Guar gum.
Fructo-oligosaccharide.
Indian gooseberry powder.
Spinach powder.
Terminalia powder.
Ascerola Cherry powder.
Parsley powder.
Pomegranate powder.
Sea buckthorn powder.
Chrysanthemum powder.
Dandelion extract.
Polydextrose.
Reishi mushroom extract.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

It was just a few questions based on ignorance, and willing to learn from your experiences. 

Heard yoga have been great for other digestive problems, so thats why. 

No problem Hummin and pleased to get your feedback on my initial post as I realised that you were trying to be helpful.

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

I will post the ingredients shortly, but in answer to your questions, one small packet contains about the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of the powder, so not sure if half a packet would work, although I may give it a try.

It's not really strong in that it makes you run to the toilet, however if taken before bed, about 10 to 12 hours later one feels the need to go to the toilet although not like my combination of sorbitol and prune juice which means that you have to be close to the toilet as it can be quite "vicious" when it works!

Of all of the things I've tried, including prescription remedies, this seems to really fit the bill for me, and as per your request, here are the ingredients therein: –

Tamarind powder.
Chlorella powder.
Psyllium husk powder.
Guar gum.
Fructo-oligosaccharide.
Indian gooseberry powder.
Spinach powder.
Terminalia powder.
Ascerola Cherry powder.
Parsley powder.
Pomegranate powder.
Sea buckthorn powder.
Chrysanthemum powder.
Dandelion extract.
Polydextrose.
Reishi mushroom extract.

WOW...... a lot of powder for one tablespoon 🙂    btw:  seems like they even sell it at 7/11 .             and Lazada as well .   Interesting that it takes 10 to 12 hours ( i know, could vary with each person) 

thanks for the info .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

WOW...... a lot of powder for one tablespoon 🙂    btw:  seems like they even sell it at 7/11 .             and Lazada as well .   Interesting that it takes 10 to 12 hours ( i know, could vary with each person) 

thanks for the info .

It might be 1.5 to 2 tablespoons rumak!!! If you try it please report your experience here as I am sure there are others out there who might be interested.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, xylophone said:

It might be 1.5 to 2 tablespoons rumak!!! If you try it please report your experience here as I am sure there are others out there who might be interested.

My toilet just clogged up !!    ok,  just havin some fun  😉 ...

(i know a few members who would say i'm full of ......... it .)

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

After suffering from what the doctors in BUPA (London) called, "a slow digestive system" back in the early 80s, I was never able to find anything to counter that, so constipation was something I had to live with and no amount of fibre, Metamucil, Fibrogel and similar ever worked.

And yes I do eat vegetables and food with bran in it, much of which I add myself, and porridge with added bran still makes no difference. Hence the reason I went to have a colonoscopy at Bangkok Phuket Hospital and explained my constipation to the Dr. At the appointment I took along everything I'd ever tried for constipation, mainly: – sennakot tablets, milk of magnesia (liquid), Bisacodyl tablets, Castor oil, and even told him about my home-made remedy of sorbitol with a prune juice drink (the reaction of which can be a little "vicious").

After the colonoscopy proved everything was okay, he gave me tablets called Resolor (Prucalopride) which did work occasionally, but resulted in headaches and sleepless nights, so I wasn't keen on taking those, so I was left with nothing in my armoury, UNTIL my daughter suggested this particular Thai product, which has worked wonders, and that's why I'm posting it on here, because if there's anyone else out there who has suffered like I have over decades, this could well be the answer. Available in pharmacies such as Boots and Watsons and one sachet taken at night before bed, after pouring the contents into a glass of water, stirring it and letting it soak for five minutes before stirring again and drinking.

So I take this natural remedy, whose main contents are Tamarind powder and now I am a happy man!!!!!

Posh Medica.JPG

Nice it works  for you.

Impressive Company name !

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought some laxative tablets in Bahrain as I had not done one for a week. The instructions said take two hours before bed time. Why not take AT bedtime so movement comes AFTER you get up? 555

One can Hormel Chili. Two cans warm Budweiser. Two cups black coffee. Mashed fig sandwich made with those German black bread bricks. Then chill, at home and wait.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I bought some laxative tablets in Bahrain as I had not done one for a week. The instructions said take two hours before bed time. Why not take AT bedtime so movement comes AFTER you get up? 555

Reminds me of this old joke: –

Man goes to his doctor and states that he has a problem, because every morning about 7 AM, he empties his bowels.

The doctor says that is wonderful, so what is the problem, and the man replies, "I don't wake up till 9 AM".

Edited by xylophone
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Polydextrose.

the jury is still out on whether polydextrose is a safe ingredient.

eating fruit cures constipation .... but I guess not everyone likes fruit?

https://slate.com/human-interest/2009/03/don-t-be-fooled-by-polydextrose-and-other-fiber-additives.html

Don’t be fooled by polydextrose and other fiber additives.

6 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2009/03/don-t-be-fooled-by-polydextrose-and-other-fiber-additives.html

There is some debate as to the efficacy of polydextrose, but much of it suggests that it is good for the microbiome in the gut, and I doubt that the minuscule amount in the product would be harmful to anyone.

Nothing I have found suggests otherwise, so I will continue to benefit from my newly found "saviour food".

• Thumbs Up 1

I recently had a similar epiphany to you with holland papaya.

I have tried virtually everything for constipation and as a last resort even suppositories.

I can remember recommending tamarind to you some time ago, but as I didn't find a suitable healthy form I personally moved on to papaya.

The holland papaya grows everywhere like a weed in Thailand and does not have a high sugar content like other fruits likes prunes, mangoes etc.

Magnesium helps alleviate constipation.

Your magnesium levels may be low, and magnesium is important for a lot of other stuff besides constipation.  

There are different types of magnesium supplements. Magnesium CITRATE is the one for constipation.

Most fruits contain magnesium as well as fibre, so eating fruit should do the trick? 

Or maybe not for everyone? And maybe some folks don't like fruit? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

One can Hormel Chili. Two cans warm Budweiser. Two cups black coffee. Mashed fig sandwich made with those German black bread bricks. Then chill, at home and wait.

i threw up after the Budweiser ...........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

Magnesium helps alleviate constipation.

Your magnesium levels may be low, and magnesium is important for a lot of other stuff besides constipation.  

There are different types of magnesium supplements. Magnesium CITRATE is the one for constipation.

Most fruits contain magnesium as well as fibre, so eating fruit should do the trick? 

Or maybe not for everyone? And maybe some folks don't like fruit? 

Yes I had read that magnesium helps alleviate constipation, so I got onto that and tried magnesium citrate and others, but to no avail, sadly.

As for fruit, well I don't really consume any of it apart from tomatoes, but suffice it to say that when I cook a meal which is accompanied by a salad, the salad consists of 1/2 head of raw broccoli, along with avocado, smothered in olive oil, but despite having copious quantities of raw broccoli in a salad, it doesn't help although I would partake of that at least three or four times a week.

Bananas give me indigestion although I occasionally partake of mango when I'm cooking something exotic (poached chicken with brie and chopped mango) nothing seems to work, hence the reason I have taken to the product I posted about.

I can only suppose that the doctor's verdict that I have a "slow digestive system" is something which is not easily overcome, as I have found.

Having said that, thank you for the suggestions.

• Thumbs Up 1

An excessive amount ( a full head) of sautéed chopped garlic or a handful of fresh Thai chilies does the trick for me. I think both are strong irritants and necessitate drinking plenty of water after consuming 😉

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

Isnt that contain high sugar? 

What about water intake and activity like swimming and yoga breathing techniques? 

Digestion problems can be due to inactivity 

There is a large white 0% sign on a blue background  towards  the left side of the packet  Above it is written in Thai  "Nam Tarn"   which means sugar     underneath  is written " kai man" which means fat.   To my simple mind this would indicate they manufacturers are at least  claiming 0% sugar and fat content,    Why would you disagree

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I doubt if anybody could be "fooled" by a laxative,  well not for long anyway  Either it works or it doesn't the results speak for themselves. !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yagoda said:

5 hours ago, rumak said:

i threw up after the Budweiser ...........

I'm trying not to wonder  how it was established, to any level of certainty, that the Budweiser  needed to be warm,    Would it make any difference on top of those other ingredients ?     (or was it just his personal taste preference)   

• Haha 1