DTV in Vientiane, Laos.

So here's two questions I'm sure a lot of people would like to get an answer for :

- If you're a foreign worker in Laos with a work permit, stay permit (essentially a temporary resident) can you apply for the new DTV Multiple-entries 5 years visa at the Thailand embassy in Vientiane ?

- If you're on a tourist visa in Laos, can you apply for the new DTV Multiple-entries 5 years visa ?

As a resident and foreign worker in Laos, you can already apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for Thailand, so logically, you should be able to do the same for the DTV.

Any direct experience would be great. According to the website, E-visa doesn't seem to be an option when applying from Laos.

Let's discuss this. Cheers.

I haven't seen any actual reports yet, but from the information they've posted on their website, it appears that being a resident of Laos isn't a requirement for applying for the DTV in Vientiane.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, RedReding said:

So here's two questions I'm sure a lot of people would like to get an answer for :

- If you're a foreign worker in Laos with a work permit, stay permit (essentially a temporary resident) can you apply for the new DTV Multiple-entries 5 years visa at the Thailand embassy in Vientiane ?

- If you're on a tourist visa in Laos, can you apply for the new DTV Multiple-entries 5 years visa ?

As a resident and foreign worker in Laos, you can already apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for Thailand, so logically, you should be able to do the same for the DTV.

Any direct experience would be great. According to the website, E-visa doesn't seem to be an option when applying from Laos.

Let's discuss this. Cheers.

I contacted the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, last weekend. They informed me non-residents can apply for the DTV. Need to book an appointment online, bring required docs and completed application form, 10K THB cash only. Approval given in 2 days except for the day of submission. 

Edited by Sumiyoshicho
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks for this information. where does one get the application form to complete for in-person applications?

On 7/23/2024 at 5:08 PM, Sumiyoshicho said:

I contacted the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, last weekend. They informed me non-residents can apply for the DTV. Need to book an appointment online, bring required docs and completed application form, 10K THB cash only. Approval given in 2 days except for the day of submission. 

thanks for passing along this information.

where does one get the application form to complete for in-person applications?

13 hours ago, dg1980 said:

thanks for this information. where does one get the application form to complete for in-person applications?

thanks for passing along this information.

where does one get the application form to complete for in-person applications?

The Laos Thai Embassy website.

On 7/23/2024 at 4:08 PM, Sumiyoshicho said:

How did you contact them?

I contacted by email and received this. But then I see they have a contact form on the appointment page which I haven't tried.

image.thumb.png.71a609710fb7e033af78cbbd33afb959.png

20 hours ago, sikishrory said:

How did you contact them?

I contacted by email and received this. But then I see they have a contact form on the appointment page which I haven't tried.

image.thumb.png.71a609710fb7e033af78cbbd33afb959.png

By email. The contact form should work too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, asia123 said:

Here anyone gets dtv in vientiane successfully??? 

One guy from other big thread said he is applying today... Hopefully we will see more reports soon.