They smashed the gift that I gave. :(

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

apparently the men smashed it up because it came from a farang,

Exactly how did you come to this conclusion? Are the men you suspect did it still around? Ask them directly why they did it, whether they plan to buy a replacement, and if not, if you can. I find the "because it came from a farang" motive somewhat improbable. Was the guitar used as a weapon in a fight, or just willfully destroyed?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

I have several Thai friends and no issues. Buy their kids small birthday gifts from time to time with no problems at all , usually  something edible.

More importantly is to chose your friends very carefully.  That goes for everyone regardless of nationality etc.

Reasonable but they are your established friends.

Not children of strangers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Sad story, definitely a psychopath in the family, these things don't only happen in Thai families but in all families around the world where the father or mother is a psychopath.

Racist comments should be deleted.

“Psychopath”?

A bit harsh me thinks.

Any stranger who befriends a child of mine without introducing themselves to me and being VETTED is going to raise the red flag.  

Google John Wayne Gacy.  A clown for the children, Mentor for teens looking for construction jobs,  honorable member of the Jaycee's with his photo taken with President Carter’s wife.

And then about 33 bodies of young men and teenagers buried in the crawl space beneath his home.

Went to the electric chair still claiming he was innocent.

A Psychopath.

Once again, general statement.

While the intentions of the OP may of been sincere, I can understand (not condoning) the reaction of the father.  Especially after all of the farang incidents that appear in the news practically on a daily basis.

What are the racist comments you claim should be deleted?

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, G_Money said:

“Psychopath”?

A bit harsh me thinks.

Any stranger who befriends a child of mine without introducing themselves to me and being VETTED is going to raise the red flag.  

What are the racist comments you claim should be deleted?

And to start with yours

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1