Bangkok Ranked 30th in Global Tourist Risk Index by Forbes Advisor

webfact

The article doesn’t make any sense at all. How can anyone state that Bangkok is in the top 30 dangerous, and at the end says that it comes second to Singapore which is first in  safety ? 

I did not feel particularly comfortable in parts of Singapore. I forget the area but there are large poor sections with people from india or something that felt ghetto-ish. There's also a huge red light district with people hanging out on the street, etc which is in no way as safe as similar areas in Thailand.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

London feels far more dangerous than Bangkok. Perhaps stats don't reflect that but... 

As of April 2024, London's overall crime rate was 106 crimes per 1,000 people, with violence and sexual offenses accounting for about 30 of those complaints per 1,000 people during the day. Some neighborhoods in London have historically had higher crime rates, including Peckham, Elephant & Castle, Brixton, Tottenham, and parts of Tower Hamlets and Newham. 

Edited by kennypowers

1 hour ago, geisha said:

The article doesn’t make any sense at all. How can anyone state that Bangkok is in the top 30 dangerous, and at the end says that it comes second to Singapore which is first in  safety ? 

Second for southeast Asia, not the world.

15 hours ago, RT555 said:

Been coming to Thailand since 1980.. 

A lot has changed after 2010/2015.

Before 2000 you hardly seen any African males on Sukhumvit.. Maybe 1 or 2.

After 2008...the African female hookers were all over the place on Suk, soi 3 and 5....also the Arabs started coming in droves.. Used to work at a big hotel there. 

Used to work a big hotel in Pattaya as well before the chaos started. Used to actually like going there. 

Was accosted once for business by two African hookers right between Suk 3 and 5. Their B.O. was so bad my eyes started watering. Stunk worse than elephants. No thank you.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

There are some areas (Dalston for example) where you’re considered overdressed if having more than one ear ! 😱 

I used to live just north of Dalston.

8 hours ago, elektrified said:

Indeed, Caracas, Venezuela was the most dangerous place I ever visited. I never felt any danger in Bangkok but I dislike the place - to say the least. I never stay more than a night in Bangkok.

Why do you think that is about Bangkok specifically? Do you usually like big cities and not Bangkok?

10 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Was accosted once for business by two African hookers right between Suk 3 and 5. Their B.O. was so bad my eyes started watering. Stunk worse than elephants. No thank you.

That's how they do it in Africa. They kind of surround you and stand there so you can't move away. Encircling you.

Edited by JimTripper

3 hours ago, XB12X said:
20 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

There are some areas (Dalston for example) where you’re considered overdressed if having more than one ear ! 😱 

I used to live just north of Dalston.

Can you still hear me..? 😜 

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2024 at 7:58 AM, Aussie999 said:

This will generate a lot of stories, from government departments  to contradict this ranking.

Naw, they'll just try to get the MFA lawyers to sue the publication. When that isn't possible they will blacklist any name they can associate with the article 👍 

Edited by BobDobbs

On 7/25/2024 at 2:35 AM, webfact said:

Yangon at 91.67,

This is very sad. The number might be so high due to the war and instability in the country. I certainly hope so. I've been to Myanmar a number of times totally about 6 months and I have never met more lovely people. Very possibly more than the Lao.

• 2 weeks later...