Thai beauty queen sparks online drama over airline seat

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Beauty Queen? In the low sevens at best. :coffee1:

lol. I like your posts, but always baulk at blokes remarking on beauties when they couldn't hope to bag anywhere near anything like this. 'Oh, I've had better on Soi 6'; 'I wouldn't poke her with yours' etc. Not my cup of tea, but this pic doesn't do her justice, she is a dish.

Regards airlines not giving the right seat, that would piss me off too, having forked out proper money. Not quite the same, but imagine being stationed next to a numpty in cattle class having already paid a premium! I feel her pain. :smile:

Edited by daveAustin

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably the airline charged her double because they expected trouble from this "celebrity". 

And obviously it gave her the opportunity to brag about how much money she spends.

They likely don't pay for anything. Usually if you have enough 'followers' you get 'comped' in order to publicise the product. 

Example of the review that was mentioned in the article: 

Edited by NowNow

8 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

lol. I like your posts, but always baulk at blokes remarking on beauties when they couldn't hope to bag anywhere near anything like this. 'Oh, I've had better on Soi 6'; 'I wouldn't poke her with yours' etc. Not my cup of tea, but this pic doesn't do her justice, she is a dish.

Regards airlines not giving the right seat, that would piss me off too, having forked out proper money. Not quite the same, but imagine being stationed next to a numpty in cattle class having already paid a premium! I feel her pain. :smile:

They mentioned Q-Suite and Premium Economy..... Premium Economy? Doesn't sound like a 400k ticket. 

She's probably pee'd off that spin9 got comped a Q-Suite and she did not.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

It happened to me last year. I booked Business Class with Qatar BKK-DOH-LHR-DOH-BKK, and when booking it was clearly stated that all four legs of the journey were in Q-Suites. A few weeks after making the booking, I got an e-mail from Qatar telling me that they were sorry, but the BKK-DOH leg would be in an ordinary 777 without Q-Suites. Fair enough, but they neglected to tell me that the DOH-BKK leg would also be Q-Suiteless. This made me suspect it was a standard marketing ploy at the time, promise Q-Suites and stick to that promise on the prestigious DOH-LHR flights, full of actual serious business people, but downgrade all the dodgy sex tourists on the flights between BKK and DOH, lol. Given that their website currently charges a large premium for flights with Q-Suites, the least they could have done was to offer me free seat reservations by way of compensation, but such ideas are beyond Qatar, the Ebenezer Scrooge of Middle-Eastern airlines. I've given up on them this year and have booked the trip in Business with EVA instead. Stick that in your hookah and smoke it, Qatar.

Yeah...I will not willing fly with Qatar again, after their low down dirty tricks and poor customer service.

Thai beauty queen sparks online drama over airline seat.

What beauty queen, Never heard of her .Drama queen more likely.

Anything to get in the News /get some Free publicity.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

And this is obviously true, judging by the photo.

(Head is too long for my tastes...)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

nampet-ouu-2-1.jpg

A misunderstanding involving Thai beauty queen Nampech Teeyapa and renowned YouTuber Spin9 has sparked significant online drama.

Nampech criticised an airline for providing a lower-grade seat than she expected despite paying nearly 400,000 baht, which she believed would secure her a Qsuite seat. However, her ticket was for a standard business class seat on a Boeing 777-300ER, which does not feature Qsuite or Premium Economy seating as she had thought.

The beauty queen’s initial outrage appeared to be directed solely at the airline but the situation escalated when she tagged Spin9, a popular tech and travel reviewer, in an Instagram story. In her post, she accused Spin9 of misleading content and seeking engagement at her expense.

“When booking tickets, it clearly states which flights have Qsuite and which don’t, with different prices. Who is really at fault here, Spin9? Don’t just make your content famous at the expense of others. You benefit from free reviews, but others are genuinely affected. Don’t add to their troubles.”

Nampech mistakenly believed that Spin9’s content had referenced her specific issue with the airline, but Spin9’s video had been created three months earlier. This was clarified by Spin9’s wife, Suching, who responded on social media.

“Nampech, have you misunderstood something? Spin9 has never mentioned or known you before being tagged today. The website that wrote about you referenced Spin9’s earlier review. Please read carefully and post a new story to apologise.”

Realising her mistake, Nampech later apologised via her Instagram story, stating that she had resolved the misunderstanding with Spin9. She acknowledged that Spin9 had not created any content about her but maintained that her confusion was understandable. She urged everyone to avoid further drama and mentioned her willingness to take legal action if necessary.

Despite Nampech’s attempts to settle the matter, social media users continued to discuss her actions. Many criticised her for not fully grasping her mistake and dragging an unrelated party into the dispute. While she expressed a desire to move past the issue, her comments about seeking benefits and readiness to go to court kept the conversation going, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-07-26

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Beauty Queen???? I’ve had better looking down soi 6 🤷🏼

21 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

t is indeed frustrating when airlines market the same class and rates for different types of premium seats, but the way to handle it is not - file a complaint with the airline and move on.

What do you think this will achieve?

Where was she going on a plane for that ticket price 400k seems alot.Anyway she made a mountain out of a molehill on this story. Got the attention for it and did she pay for the ticket or someone else.Bottom line does anyone care  just like the master and her husband harry.Boring wanabe

13 hours ago, renaissanc said:

As expected most posters are attacking her personally. To you, I say: If you had spent nearly 400,000 Baht on a suite and you were given a "cheap" seat, how would you feel? For all we know, maybe the airline had to change the plane to one that didn't have a QSuite. She deserves justice, not personal attacks.

Exactly.

Qatar airways goes out of the way to advertise their Q Suite.

But a significant number of their planes don't actually have it - and it's not like they highlight that the plane doesn't have it - or discount the business class ticket.

If you're an airline geek, you can generally work it out - and pick the flight with the QSuite when booking. - But regular people simply expect to get what was advertised.

• Agree 1

On 7/26/2024 at 10:05 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

A beauty queen shouldn't be a drama queen too... 😋

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife 😉 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife 😉 

Correction...never marry a woman who not only tgyinks she is pretty, but tells everyone she is and tries to make a living out if it.

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

It happened to me last year. I booked Business Class with Qatar BKK-DOH-LHR-DOH-BKK, and when booking it was clearly stated that all four legs of the journey were in Q-Suites. A few weeks after making the booking, I got an e-mail from Qatar telling me that they were sorry, but the BKK-DOH leg would be in an ordinary 777 without Q-Suites. Fair enough, but they neglected to tell me that the DOH-BKK leg would also be Q-Suiteless. This made me suspect it was a standard marketing ploy at the time, promise Q-Suites and stick to that promise on the prestigious DOH-LHR flights, full of actual serious business people, but downgrade all the dodgy sex tourists on the flights between BKK and DOH, lol. Given that their website currently charges a large premium for flights with Q-Suites, the least they could have done was to offer me free seat reservations by way of compensation, but such ideas are beyond Qatar, the Ebenezer Scrooge of Middle-Eastern airlines. I've given up on them this year and have booked the trip in Business with EVA instead. Stick that in your hookah and smoke it, Qatar.

I tried Q suite a couple of years ago. Paid for reserved seats cancelled due to plane change with no warning, and no refund, after they at first agreed one. Seat not working, one of the toilets not working and for the first time on any airline special meal did not turn up booked months before. Add to that waiting on the landing bridge for 35 minutes in the heat while they got the plane ready and that's me done with Qatar, Emirates or Eva in future. They did have plenty to drink, but terrible value for money and customer service.

Edited by proton

On 7/27/2024 at 7:52 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

If I had a dog with a face like that, I'd shave its a*se and teach it to walk backwards. 

An oldie but a goodie. Haven't heard that one in ages. We use to use it a lot in high school many years ago

There ,she had her 5 minutes of fame (in her eyes) she must learn to read

and not just expect anything ,because most times it does not work out ,

regards worgeordie

"However, her ticket was for a standard business class seat on a Boeing 777-300ER, which does not feature Qsuite or Premium Economy seating as she had thought."

So the standard business class "does not feature ... Premium Economy seating". Not much of a business class if it's below premium economy.

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2024 at 5:57 PM, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

How did she earn the 400k baht for the ticket?

Maybe she is an "influencer" and gets some mindless dolts to send her money for "likes". One hundred baht here and another one hundred baht there adds up (we were camping once and the lobotomy crew next to us were on "swithch" filming everything they did- every time I brought over my big AmStaff and they put him on camera they got like $2, $3, $5-$10 from people just laying on their couch watching other people live their lives- really freakin' weird)