Thaksin Says He's Too Old to Run for PM Again at 75

Just now, 2baht said:

Your opinion would be perfect if you have no idea about Thai Politics! Are you sure you're not really already a politician???

aren't we all 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thaksin would love to be PM until 90 if people would let him do that.

Don't know what he would love or not love, all i know id what he said, I am sure those of you who know more about these things would prosecute the issue affectively in the coming pages of this thread. . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Go form a has been club with Joe Biden, you'll have a lot to talk about and reminisce about the

"good old day"...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He openly shared that he will continue to depend on the government's monthly elderly subsidy of 700 baht, reported Thai PBS

• Agree 2

Samak got fired from his prime minister assignment over a cooking show on TV, when he was given a ridiculous small amount for the taxi fare (standard procedure with that TV station apparently). As PM he was not allowed to work anything else against payment. 
So 14 August does not come as a surprise, me thinks. 

What I really appreciated though is Dr T's statement of "him openly sharing, that he will continue to depend on the government's monthly elderly subsidy of 700 baht) as so reported by Thai PBS. 

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am sure this thread will deteriorate into a food fight between those pro Thaksin and those against. Personally I don't know enough about Thai politics to have an opinion one way or another, 

But being from the Us and having gone through this age  issue with biden. I find it refreshing  to see a politician with a pragmatic view on the age issue,  .   

So what is a good age to retire from politics?

I hope you did not suffer too much because of this age thing with President Joe Biden.

(can you read between the lines)?

• Agree 1