How to answer the dreaded question ''What is British food like?''

Nothing quite like slow roasted lamb, pumpkin, carrots, potatoes, some cabbage sauted in olive oil with garlic and caraway seeds, peas or beans cooked in butter and garlic, cauliflower or broccoli with cheese sauce and lashings of rich onion gravy with a healthy dash of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce.

Aroi aroi

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

I blame averageness of our cuisine on our lazy women.

Back in the UK three of my friends wives tried my girlfriends food and declared that they wanted her to teach them how to cook Thai food.

So they came around. Girlfriend wasn’t impressed, comments included “They don’t taste check to balance the flavor” “ They just want to do quickly” 

The UK is probably the highest achieving country in the history of the world.

But sadly the women are slack and have let us down and they don’t know how lucky they are.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Even the GB staple of Fish and Chips has been superseded by the Ruby Murray as the number one dish. 

Fish & Chips died with the Cod in the late 1990s when they became almost extinct.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Fish & Chips died with the Cod in the late 1990s when they became almost extinct.

Still getting Cod over here in Macro, plenty of other fish, Haddock, Pollack and my favourite Huss/Rock Salmon/Dogfish but I normally try and catch them myself.

I can remember when I was a kid being sent to the Chippy for 2 Bob's worth of chips which was nearly impossible to carry, now one portion of mediocre Fish and Chips last time I was in UK 2022, was nearly £7 as a takeaway.

Back in 2021 just after the Covid I took the family to Whitby, and paid over £15 a head for a sit down fish & chips, with tea and ice-cream for the Kids.

• Confused 3

23 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I saw that same pic and comment on social media last week. 

So not your friend?

That's because I posted it in another thread HERE ON AN, moron.

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2