Three American Bully dogs maul 70-year-old man to death

webfact

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I was thinking the same the other day.....after living there for 14 months I don't even recall seeing a dog?????

Yes, all the dogs were sent to Vietnam now.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

It also depends on how much compensation they are offering. The point of a court case is to secure a fair amount. In court cases, the parties can also agree to the settlement.

There's a common theme in these dog mauling deaths. The owners always say it has never happened before... and then the first time it happens, someone dies. 

It''s the same with People ,someone never Killed before , Someone Snaps/Cracks and someone dies . One Never can be sure What is going to happen in life.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I was thinking the same the other day.....after living there for 14 months I don't even recall seeing a dog?????

Where are you? I might consider moving there. Bangkok has an enormous stray population, not in Sukhumvit and KSR etc, but in the suburbs and across the river.

GLITCH.

Dont know why my post appeared many times, but every time the "submit reply" tab was clicked it disappeared then resurfaced, and seemed like it just wasnt processing, until checking later and was shocked.      Sorry for any irritation it caused.

Hope it doesnt happenagain this post, or to you good folks out there.

Phew, it worked no problem.

Edited by Jing Joe
checking it worked
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I really admire how the Thais sort things out .

It was a terrible incident, but with no malicious intent. 
The dogs had never attacked before.

Sensibly just work something out without months or years of lawyers and courts and nonsense.

The UK could learn a lot from the Thais, but there if someone slips over in the street they want to sue and carry on with lawyers, doctors etc.

RIP Lek

Are you for real ? I can think of many words to describe you but not accepted here.

In my view, people who have these dogs should be fined , made to pay a huge compensation to the mourning family, or face 5 years in prison, and the  dog put down of course. Time for Thailand and every country to ban these types of dogs. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I really admire how the Thais sort things out .

It was a terrible incident, but with no malicious intent. 
The dogs had never attacked before.

Sensibly just work something out without months or years of lawyers and courts and nonsense.

The UK could learn a lot from the Thais, but there if someone slips over in the street they want to sue and carry on with lawyers, doctors etc.

RIP Lek

Why mention the UK in particular? I think you should have compared it to the USA who are past masters in legal claims for trivialities.

I recall an incident a few years back where a bus was involved in an accident in New York. Apparently (and I am not 100% sure of the numbers!) about 30 people made claims for injuries sustained - mostly whiplash, but when the case came to court, it transpired that there were only a dozen or so people on the bus, the rest being bystanders who jumped on and feigned injuries! 

Apparently, not an isolated incident!

By the way,  to get back on topic, "The dogs had never attacked before." Oh, that's all right then, is it? I suppose they also promised never to do it again? Are they going to the temple to apologise to the corpse?

Edited by sambum
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Where are you? I might consider moving there. Bangkok has an enormous stray population, not in Sukhumvit and KSR etc, but in the suburbs and across the river.

We were on Suk Soi 11...in the thick of it.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

If the dogs a roaming the streets freely, that's the fault of the owner not the dog's ,

a complaint would need to first be made to the village headman, and if no remediating action is taken to the next step higher, the solution you propose should  be used only as a last resort. and only if nessacery.   

No, the solution you are proposing should be a last resort! You know how long it takes to get things done in Thailand and in the meantime these incidents keep occurring, while you are "taking it up with the Headman", and if you get no response, "take it to a higher level", where you would probably get the same lack of response.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, sambum said:

No, the solution you are proposing should be a last resort!

first you kill them and then you try to save their lives.

Brilliant!! 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy; The Pattaya News

In a shocking incident in Khon Kaen, Thailand, three American Bully dogs fatally mauled a 70-year-old man, Mr. Lek Sipak, on the night of July 24th. The tragedy struck in a small village situated in Phu Wiang District, sending ripples of grief and shock through the community.

Mr. Lek had just finished collecting payment for frogs he had sold to a neighbour when the attack occurred. His son, Prasert, who was working in Chonburi at the time, rushed home immediately upon hearing the dire news, only to be informed, half an hour later, of his father’s untimely death.

Local officials and the sub-district head, Sutthirak Duangtanoy, paid a visit to the grieving family and the site of the attack.

They met with the dog owners, a local teacher named Mr. Sakon, 49, and his wife, Mrs. Saowanee, 46. Officials stressed the importance of managing aggressive pets and implementing precautionary measures such as visible warning signs and secure enclosures around the property.

Mrs. Saowanee guided Thai reporters through the scene, marking the spot where the attack happened near their home’s 1.5-metre-high iron gate.

The tragedy unfolded while she was out shopping, and upon her return, she found the dogs attacking Mr. Lek, who was still alive but severely injured. Struggling to control the dogs, she eventually managed to secure them and called for medical assistance, but sadly, it was too late, reported The Pattaya News.

Mrs. Saowanee stated that her dogs had never bitten anyone before and speculated that the victim might have opened the gate himself. Expressing remorse, she offered to assist with funeral expenses. The family accepted the gesture, deciding not to press charges in exchange for compensation.

In a final turn, the bereaved family agreed to give the dogs away to a professional trainer who would take over their care. This tragic event has left the village grappling with sorrow and the pressing issue of pet safety.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-27

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

19 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, it's not the same at all. Most of these breeds that kill people were bred for dog fighting and sometimes they revert to instinct. It's the same problem with people keeping wild animals as pets.

It's highly unlikely anyone is getting killed by a poodle or a Bichon Frisé.

bichon frise.webp

he looks vicious ....   he could lick you to death I guess ....   haha

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, khlongtoey said:

wth is a bully dog, a Rottweiler? looks a bit small, maybe a pitbull.

whether or not "ever bit anyone" , these breeds are designed to be vicious , should not be pets

Look like Pitbull dogs to me. Agreed, never heard the term used here.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

If the dogs a roaming the streets freely, that's the fault of the owner not the dog's ,

a complaint would need to first be made to the village headman, and if no remediating action is taken to the next step higher, the solution you propose should  be used only as a last resort. and only if nessacery.   

No, the solution you are proposing should be a last resort! You know how long it takes to get things done in Thailand and in the meantime these incidents keep occurring, while you are "taking it up with the Headman", and if you get no response, "take it to a higher level", where you would probably get the same lack of response.