Three American Bully dogs maul 70-year-old man to death

webfact

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

220px-Champion_Charlie_Muscles_%282%29.jpgAmerican Bully

I believe the owners , (or maybe the breeders)  trim the ears to make them appear more intimidating,   There really are some seriously weird people 

• Like 2

image.jpeg.080581e13ab24b6cc92f59e73dae1fc3.jpeg

"............implementing precautionary measures such as visible warning signs and secure enclosures around the property."

No warning signs that I can see, a piece of rope/string looped around the bottom of the gate that could easily be chewed through, an a U shaped piece of iron that could probably be freed by shaking the gate! Thai style security!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did I say that they didn't?   You need to read the comment my post was in response to.

I was just telling you they had a sign. 
No need to be all defensive.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Regardless of the circumstances, if the dogs badly maul or kill a person, they need to be immediately put to death, no excuses.

And I would go so far as fine the owners of the dog minimum of 1 million baht. 

I agree with fining them serious money, but imagine the practicalities of collecting it of those who simply don't have it. If they must allow people to keep such dangerous animals  then clearly some sort of compulsory insurance to cover incidents like this would be the only  answer

Any dog attack should result in the dog involved being destroyed immediately, even if they shoot the wrong dog, at the end of the day its just a dog for gods sake

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes sadly ....   but the story is a bit vague on how they came to attack the old guy. 

Did he open the gate and enter  ?

why weren't there signs on the gate to warn folks ?    that's a charge of neglect in itself.  

No, it is NOT NEGLECT, if there are no signs.

However it is, if there are signs AND your dogs attack and injure someone that you knowingly knew the danger

This was in a court case last week about posting danger dog signs and had bitten someone.

Just saying..

All to common in Thailand,especially in the villages in Issan.

I personally don't understand people owning pitbulls.  It's especially bad when most of the "owners" don't have adequate fencing,if any for these attack dogs.

Very sad indeed.  The deceased family can expect a measley payout and the knowledge the dogs are still alive just down the street.

Nightmare scenario.

13 hours ago, khlongtoey said:

wth is a bully dog, a Rottweiler? looks a bit small, maybe a pitbull.

whether or not "ever bit anyone" , these breeds are designed to be vicious , should not be pets

American bulldogs are what the English bulldog was back in the day.mine were sweet doggos but extremely powerful they have to be treated with respect and the knowledge that they do have the power to rip your face off.don’t be sticking your face in theirs they may take just misunderstand and rip it off.mine unfortunately we’re extremely dog aggressive they saw other dogs as prey.l loved mine and miss them deeply (they are off to doggie heaven) but I would never have another they are a liability big time and are NOT cuddling dogs!my boy was 118 lbs at death his sister at death was 96lbs I know because the cremation was paid by the pound miss I miss them but never again!!get a golden retriever or similar 

Edited by Tug
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

No, it's not the same at all. Most of these breeds that kill people were bred for dog fighting and sometimes they revert to instinct. It's the same problem with people keeping wild animals as pets.

It's highly unlikely anyone is getting killed by a poodle or a Bichon Frisé.

bichon frise.webp

Same as it's Unlikely that people are getting killed by Dwarfs isn't it 

I've seen more Vicious dogs  that are Small and people are getting hurt by them ,Just look at the Chihuahua little vicious mutts, 

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'd like a dollar for every time we've heard the ' oh he's never bitten anyone before '  

And all the barladtes you meet started yesterday, right?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, khlongtoey said:

whether or not "ever bit anyone" , these breeds are designed to be vicious , should not be pets

There bred to get around the ban on Pitbulls, basically a bulldog cross on steroids. Also banned in UK and even the remaining ones may be destroyed nown as their too dangerous.

• Thumbs Up 1

A troll post with denigrating comments on the news article has been removed:

17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

just drop a nice tasty :whistling: treat on the road sometime ...    next day you won't see them.

If folks want aggressive dogs then keep them locked up at home ... not on the street. 

This is what will, undoubtedly happen in a village here...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, steve187 said:

what a load of rubbish, the police should have attended and shot the dogs, there is no compensation for a human life, taken in a barbaric way, and the dogs live on to maybe kill again

Not just, live on, also get to pass their killer genes to the next generation...

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I really admire how the Thais sort things out .

It was a terrible incident, but with no malicious intent. 
The dogs had never attacked before.

Sensibly just work something out without months or years of lawyers and courts and nonsense.

The UK could learn a lot from the Thais, but there if someone slips over in the street they want to sue and carry on with lawyers, doctors etc.

RIP Lek

I don't admire it, a man is dead "Sensibly just work something out without months or years of lawyers and courts and nonsense" that's really going to stop people from having dangerous animals, the mentality is, I've got enough money I can do whatever I want.
I have had dogs all my life and despite what people say or think they don't just "suddenly" turn there are signs there and precautions you can take.
A guy has just been charged in the UK with the death of his mum that had come to see his granddaughter, I feel <deleted> for their family and loss, but it was an illegal dog that someone needs to take responsibility for.  The Thais could learn a lot from England!  He's not going to be able to buy his way out of that one!

• Thanks 2

People who own dangerous dogs interest me a lot, what I have observed in my life is it is usually a way to make up for their own shortcomings and lack of power and confidence.

The biggest dog I have ever had was a Labrador, you don't hear of many Labrador mauling stories! Job sorted RIP fella and the owner got off lightly pay some cash and he even probably got to keep the dog! It needs a bullet in the back of its head.

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why were you telling me that they had a sign?   I didn't ask that question.

I was not "being all defensive" [sic].

You were discussing signs with another poster.

So I was just letting you know that in this case there was a sign.

No need to get all worked up about it. 

• Confused 2

There is a lot of mix up in this thread,i doubt very much the dogs in the picture are XL American Bullies.

American Bully is an official breed,relatively new and bred NOT to show aggression!

They come in four sizes and the XL is the biggest one.

So these 3 dogs have never killed before? I believe that but i will never believe they never showed aggression before!

Typical Thai story ,we have seen it all before and we will see it again.

It happens because that is how Thai society works,it is what it is.

If I was going to have a large dog around it would be a German Shepard.  Intelligence, loyal, highly trainable, and less likely to go into an uncontrolled killing rage.  Just saying.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I agree with fining them serious money, but imagine the practicalities of collecting it of those who simply don't have it. If they must allow people to keep such dangerous animals  then clearly some sort of compulsory insurance to cover incidents like this would be the only  answer

Any dog attack should result in the dog involved being destroyed immediately, even if they shoot the wrong dog, at the end of the day its just a dog for gods sake

If you don't have the money then immediate forfeiture of your family home with no possibility of appeal. You made a big mistake, you allowed your dogs to kill somebody, and you are now renters for the rest of your life. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, digger70 said:

Same as it's Unlikely that people are getting killed by Dwarfs isn't it 

I've seen more Vicious dogs  that are Small and people are getting hurt by them ,Just look at the Chihuahua little vicious mutts, 

download.jpeg

Yes, some of these small dogs can be downright vicious.

If you got 30+ of these evil devil dogs attaching your throat, you would probably sustain a few nips & cuts before you are able to coax them off with a few doggy treats,

spacer.png

To be fair on this breed though, you don't hear many stories (if any) of wild packs of Chihuahuas prowling around neighborhoods, stalking and mauling innocent venerable children to death.

You do occasionally read the same scenario happening with these 'bred to kill' dogs though.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, khlongtoey said:

The American Bully is a modern breed of dog that was developed as a companion dog, and originally standardized and recognized as a breed in 2004 by the American Bully Kennel Club (ABKC). Their published breed standard describes the dog as giving the "impression of great strength for its size". ...

• Like 1

Here in the UK this awful breed is now banned after a series of high profile maulings were featured in national media.

Destry the dogs, ban the owners from keeping such a stupid unnecessary pet.

Imagine the uproar if someone was keeping a tiger as a guard feline. There'd be uproar and concern for public safety etc.

These dogs are dangerous and have no place in our society.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, JensenZ said:

No, it's not the same at all. Most of these breeds that kill people were bred for dog fighting and sometimes they revert to instinct. It's the same problem with people keeping wild animals as pets.

It's highly unlikely anyone is getting killed by a poodle or a Bichon Frisé.

bichon frise.webp

Unless you're in Cambodia and they stick in your throat!

• Thumbs Up 1

Once again, no responsibility lies with either the owners or with the type of dogs themselves.

The owners are sorry - so is the family of the savaged-to-death, 70-year-old man.

These dogs are lethal.

If it were my responsibility, I would ensure these vicious animals were turned loose upon on their owners. Every time!

Following that - a full-powered flame thrower directed at the killing machines?

On 7/27/2024 at 12:19 PM, sirineou said:

Cant believe  that two people even agreed with that reply. 99% of the  time there is negative behaviour by dogs it is the owners or the person's being attacked  fault. Steve100 has no idea what lead  to the attack yet proposes poisoning the dogs. 

Well the reality is that if the law is not going to take the immediate and necessary execution of these malicious animals into its own hands, then the neighbors certainly have a right to do so. These nasty dogs have revoked their right to live by committing such a heinous act. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1