Dating In Thailand : On Immaturity

14 hours ago, it is what it is said:

only if you date low educated women. thai women i date and most of my thai friends have bachelor or master degrees from foreign universities, studying in their second, or third language, could you?

be careful before you make generalised inaccurate comments. or get out of the bar and meet some well educated professional locals

This is the wrong audience for this post 🙂 Your world is different than most here but is realistic. 

I've played in both and what I paired with was very dependent on where I was looking for love 🙂  Lots of benefits of hooking up with easy going night live Thai women but the odds of having normal deep conversations at any point in the future is slim.

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I understand that. After years living here however, I'm increasingly finding the immaturity a turn off and an irritation. It seems like they can't be serious (without being mad or gloomy) for want of a better description. So it's either immature shallow stuff and 'stupid happy', or the other extreme of mad no talk, etc.

This is a real thing but it seems mainly confined to young city girls. Find some women in her 40s from the provinces and she won't be like this. Avoid BKK and even fancy girls from Chiang Mai and probably other cities.

The majority of women only develop "maturity" when they no longer get by on their looks. It's the great dilemma for the older man. Tight skin but a loose brain or a tight brain but loose skin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So lets get real.

For the majority of guys here, you're older, 50 60+ thinking you're God's gift to a 20 something year old.

Well of course they are going to seem immature, because they are.

Back where you came from at 20 you were also some dumb assed male with the immaturity that goes with being a 20 something guy

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2024 at 4:15 PM, JimTripper said:

I'm meeting extremely immature women in Thailand when I date.

Is that the culture? Some are fun to be around but I can't imagine introducing any to my family or doing something serious.

Best I describe it is immaturity, giggling, kind of a shallowness of character or superficiality. Or, is it a language issue where nothing serious is discussed because the language is not there?

Anyone else have this problem?

Your picking the wrong "class" or category of women. Its been my experience most rural or lower educated thai's have no ability to think spatially or about multiple issues especially if they have options to consider and decide at the same time. They are also culturally "program" not to think to far in the future and concentrate on the here and now. Do I have money for food today, do I have a place to sleep even if its on a dirt floor with a mat.  can I pay the bills for today or this week (no is not uncommon and answer to that one) but the dont think about problems because then you have to try to solve them proactively and they cant. That's why they appear shallow or immature and like to "amuse" themselves . You should be looking at women with higher education, business experience and hopefully some experience being overseas and exposed to other ways of thinking. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Jenga & Connect Four too immature? Why not, Hide The Nazi?!

What's that supposted to mean? Do you think I'm a nazi?

Edited by JimTripper

On 7/27/2024 at 5:58 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like you'd be better off with a grumpy fat farang woman circ 60

I actually think I have one for him.

Her name is Karen,

• Thanks 1

Is that the culture? Some are fun to be around but I can't imagine introducing any to my family or doing something serious.

Best I describe it is immaturity, giggling, kind of a shallowness of character or superficiality. Or, is it a language issue where nothing serious is discussed because the language is not there?

Anyone else have this problem?

This is just an intelligence issue.

The Thai girls I know are very insightful, serious, and kind.

They do not giggle behind a hand, as do some Japanese girls.

I tend to hang with the smart Thai girls.

Otherwise, they seem shallow compared to my former Chinese wife, whose brother did his PhD in Computer Engineering at U. of Pennsylvania.

If anything, my former wife was a bit too mature for her age, and not shallow enough in bed, although once she got going...

She was up for any sort of sexual antics.

• Confused 1

On 7/27/2024 at 5:42 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a breed called Bully. 

On 7/27/2024 at 11:09 AM, JimTripper said:

I'm looking for a smart worldly sophisticated woman like the kind James Bond meets. They could be of any nationality or color. I'm not finding that here.

Can you see James Bond with these immature Thai ladies? Would never happen.

I think you are right Jim, or is it James :)

if you can find one that lived overseas for a while, not just travelled to Korea or so.  for all my years, I've yet to get even older ladies to offer an sincere emotional response to 'how are you feeling?'    it's like it doesn't exist, just living in the moment,  prefer to talk about food , tbh, this is also a general asian thing,   otoh, maybe you won't get nagged for the same reasons as you would in the great west

• Like 1

My wife, and my ex. 

56 and 60 years old, I think they are both sexy women, and I love them both, mothers to my children.

Both of them are bold and confident.

Wouldn't  go up against either of them in a bar fight cos either of them would kick ur ass, and most likely your balls!

Intellectually both of them would drop you in 60 seconds 

Damn it gets my juices flowing!

20 hours ago, susanlea said:

Fish on a bicycle. You need to be in the sea.

The only place I need to be is on the ground, knowing exactly where I stand. If you want to drown in the sea - that's your choice.

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Wouldn't  go up against either of them in a bar fight cos either of them would kick ur ass, and most likely your balls!

Are they professional fighters? :cheesy:

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The only place I need to be is on the ground, knowing exactly where I stand. If you want to drown in the sea - that's your choice.

Over your head.:coffee1:

On 7/27/2024 at 6:32 PM, susanlea said:

Popular TV shows are silly. Silly humour appeals. Hard to find a serious Thai woman outside a top professional role.

Tellus all about some you've tried!!!

This is just what they are like.

There is nothing there. Just superficial people. 

They are pretty and fun, but that's it.

I mean 99% of them. Good luck finding the 1%.

23 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

This is just what they are like.

There is nothing there. Just superficial people. 

They are pretty and fun, but that's it.

I mean 99% of them. Good luck finding the 1%.

Yet farangs moved to Thailand for fun then whinge the women aren't serious :cheesy:

White women are serious. Go back home.

On 7/27/2024 at 11:09 PM, JimTripper said:

I'm looking for a smart worldly sophisticated woman like the kind James Bond meets. They could be of any nationality or color. I'm not finding that here.

Can you see James Bond with these immature Thai ladies? Would never happen.

Sooo you live in Thailand, but don't like the women, Hmmmm. solutions, soloutions.

Here's a possible, go back wherever you came from for the serious ones you prefer.

BTW, those Bond women were just acting.

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Tellus all about some you've tried!!!

This forum has it's share of posters that married wealthy Chinese Thai women with degrees and get given mansions by the in laws, and it seems we now have posters that actually go out with "top professional Thai women".

This forum should be renamed the AN comedy forum.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Having been married for more than 15 years to a lady 29 years my junior, I can attest that the gap widens with age. I age faster than she does. She still looks 20-something, I look like I'm in my 60s... but the mindset gap grows too. I could say she's immature, but that would be nonsense. I'm the problem as I've lost all the joy in life. I gave her a divorce as I felt sorry for her being stuck with me... yet these old guys on here are complaining that their younger dates are immature. Thinking these young ladies would be interested (other than monetarily) in dating guys around their father's age is ridiculous.

I married one young enough to never look like a granny when I woke up and looked at her. I didn't marry her to discuss philosophy.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This forum has it's share of posters that married wealthy Chinese Thai women with degrees and get given mansions by the in laws, and it seems we now have posters that actually go out with "top professional Thai women".

This forum should be renamed the AN comedy forum.

There's this Thai astronaut I want marry but she wants to be the first Thai on the Moon before she'll marry me! Guess I'll just have to wait!

• Love It 1

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I tend to hang with the smart Thai girls.

All the Thai girls I knew were much smarter than the farang men they made a living off.

I don't know why some farang men come to a culturally different country and expect things to be the same as back home? Are some of us just too dumb to survive in Thailand?

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooo you live in Thailand, but don't like the women, Hmmmm. solutions, soloutions.

Here's a possible, go back wherever you came from for the serious ones you prefer.

BTW, those Bond women were just acting.

Man walks into a fish n chip shop and wonders why there is no steak on the menu.

18 hours ago, Aurelien said:

Poor level of general education, no knowledge about anything going on outside of Thailand will do that

Most are clued up on what country offers the best social welfare.

Ask them where is the Suez Canal and they look at you blank.