Southport Stabbing: Child Killed and Several Injured in Taylor Swift-Themed Workshop Attack

Social Media

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Another one with reading comprehension struggles. I was saying it is sad that a seemingly normal English kid could turn into someone who is capable of doing what he did. 

Wouldn't call a kid with Rwandan parents a normal English kid. Who knows what acts of mind shattering violence his parents experienced/inflicted/endured from their home country in the Hutu/Tutsi conflicts.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It's probably because they/we wouldn't have though it was necessary to come out and publicly condemn riots as obviously normal people condemn riots, rather that we/they would have though it unnecessary as most normal people condemn riots, clearly we/they don't all understand the extent to which you have us 'boxed and labelled', if we don't support mass immigration etc then we are obviously supporters of riots according to the 'one size fits all' template that the Left and you and the cadre of hard core Lefties on this board apply.

An alternative explanation might be that they are holding back for 2tierKier to condemn riots, he condemned one that suited his political purposes but did not condemn 2 others, namely Harehill and Whitechapel, Were the people orchestrating these riots not thugs? If they are thugs then we have to surely NAME what kind of thugs they are, if we are calling other thugs 'right wing thugs'. All this would require just a bit too much machinations and backfklips/fancy footwork, wouldn't it, as the hypocrisy is glaring.. I am for one AMAZED that the Prime Minister did not condemn these riots - why? Were they somehow a different kind of riot, were the cars set on fore with stage fire?

A bit of revisionism there, the same people who were excusing and justifying these riots. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Sorry, the right wing doesn't exist, James105 said so. 

Do you have reading comprehension difficulties?  Where and when did I say the "right wing" doesn't exist.  

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Sorry, the right wing doesn't exist, James105 said so. 

To be honest ,  I don't know anything about right-wing or lefties ....    I just refer to folks as having common sense and acting as proper grown men should act .....   not as shown here.  

it's a disgrace of human behavior ....     nothing to do with who they support.   

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A bit of revisionism there, the same people who were excusing and justifying these riots. 

Really, as a stickler for everything being supported by links lease show who the people were who were 'excusing and justifying these riots' and how they were unequivocally 'excusing and justifying these riots'. Saying 'same people' indicates you must have specific identifiable examples of these people. Provide examples. I'm waiting.

11 minutes ago, mokwit said:

The Judge has stated that the purpose was to stop speculation - the suspect not having an Islamic name allowed the release of the name to serve a purpose. His motive was clearly pragmatism over principle and while it could be that there is no evidence whatsoever of an Islamic extremist motive, if there was it would be pragmatic (and also disingenuous) to withhold that information. Against a backdrop of the authorities repeatedly downplaying Islamic extremist motives or not naming suspects or referring to immigrants (not apply in this case) as a local man or by the name of the town in which he lived, such a suspicion is not unreasonable. So, I just don't feel we can be '100% sure that if motivation identified it will be reported'. In fact rather, it would be expected that if there was NO evidence of Islamic involvement that would have been reported, although I think it is a fair assumption that it may be too early following his arrest to unequivocally state that there was no Islamic extremist motive.

Circular logic and baseless arguments are you thing I see.

Just admit there is absolutely no evidence of this murderer having been motivated to commit his heinous crimes by religion of any kind.

You can then relax, give up trying to blame Muslims/Islam and wait for the courts to deal with this heinous criminal.

Of course I assume you aren’t just out to stir hatred of Muslims and Islam.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Do you have reading comprehension difficulties?  Where and when did I say the "right wing" doesn't exist.  

Sorry, you said the "far right" doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

swivelled eyed loons

oh, an insult. Are you a bot or a human who just got turned chipped? I used to see this term hurled around in the comments section of The Guardian where the Left exercised the license to hate that has been given them

Please explain the term 'swivelled eyed loon'. What is 'swivel eyed' alluding to - is this condition found only on people to the right of the divide? If so one assumes it can't be some kind of medical disorder ?

As for Cardiff, British Citizen, brought up Christian, this would be to deny that there are any British born adult converts to Islam. It seems that a far greater percentage of these people are Islamic extremists.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Really, as a stickler for everything being supported by links lease show who the people were who were 'excusing and justifying these riots' and how they were unequivocally 'excusing and justifying these riots'. Saying 'same people' indicates you must have specific identifiable examples of these people. Provide examples. I'm waiting.

Here’s a prime example:

On 8/3/2024 at 8:46 AM, James105 said:

You make a good point.   Unfortunately precedent has been set that in order for people to be listened to and get what they want then rioting is the way as was demonstrated in the BLM riots and the Harehills riots more recently.   It's a shame that those who are the most vociferous now about the white people expressing their anger and rioting were so, so quiet when it was other ethnicities doing so.   It's hard to take anyone seriously who have such obvious double standards, up to and including the PM who actually bent the knee to the BLM rioters.   

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

oh, an insult. Are you a bot or a human who just got turned chipped? I used to see this term hurled around in the comments section of The Guardian where the Left exercised the license to hate that has been given them

Please explain the term 'swivelled eyed loon'. What is 'swivel eyed' alluding to - is this condition found only on people to the right of the divide? If so one assumes it can't be some kind of medical disorder ?

As for Cardiff, British Citizen, brought up Christian, this would be to deny that there are any British born adult converts to Islam. It seems that a far greater percentage of these people are Islamic extremists.

His parents are from Rwanda.....maybe something to do with the swap scheme the Tories set up for £500,000,000.

93% of Rwandans are Christians.....go figure.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Still got those reading comprehension difficulties I see.  

He's completely correct. You and others here have been excusing these riots and blamed everyone but the rioters.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, mokwit said:

And yet there is absolutely no evidence of any connection between the murderer and Islam.

Try arguing facts more and go easy on your attempts to parody a Monty Python sketch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Can you read?? Seemed. That is past tense. What didn't seem normal about the kid in the video? That is what I was saying, he seemed like a normal English kid.

I can give you the contact details of a good English teacher if you need.

Not sure how you thought that a boy born of Rwandan parents that fled to the UK seemed like a normal English boy; maybe you’ve never been to England.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Not sure how you thought that a boy born of Rwandan parents that fled to the UK seemed like a normal English boy; maybe you’ve never been to England.

He’s obviously not normal.

What that has to do with his parents’ nationality and the history of how they came to the UK is anybody’s guess.

I choose not to guess and will await the findings of psychiatrists when they present their testimony in court.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Showing your true colours now.

He was born in England. Watch the video and tell me why he doesn't seem like a normal English school kid. You may need to watch it with your eyes closed though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Circular logic and baseless arguments are you thing I see.

Just admit there is absolutely no evidence of this murderer having been motivated to commit his heinous crimes by religion of any kind.

You can then relax, give up trying to blame Muslims/Islam and wait for the courts to deal with this heinous criminal.

Of course I assume you aren’t just out to stir hatred of Muslims and Islam.

I stated: 'it could be that there is no evidence whatsoever of an Islamic extremist motive', however, It is not an unreasonable to not yet rule out an Islamic motive when there have been so many random knife attacks on people by Islamic extremists. It seems the Police have not ruled out terrorism as a motive yet or there would be a statement to this effect wouldn't there? (against a background of releasing a 17 year olds non Islamic name to quell speculation). Got it?, the Police have obviously not yet ruled out terrorist - normally they are very quick to claim no terrorist motive when they can.

The BBC are stating 'The 17-year-old, who was born to Rwandan parents in Cardiff and moved to the Southport area in 2013, has no known links to Islam.',. While it may be true that none are known, it is a little too early to state that until we have PROACTIVE confirmation from the police that there was no terrorist motive bearing in mind the similarity with other terrorist attacks. A silence on this issue will not quell suspicions, in fact it would likely flame them.

Re: 'Circular logic and baseless arguments are you thing I see'. Perhaps you can give the board some examples of how 'baseless' and 'circular', it is after all the rest of the board NOT YOU that I post with in mind, lest others on the board think you are unable to/just employing tactics.

You would be surprised at the friendly interactions I have with Muslims, a Muslim is someone born into the Muslim faith and I certainly do not automatically ascribe Islamic extremism or Islamism to them. We do however have interpretations of the Quran and Hadithes that some within Islam undeniably interpret as a call to violent Jihad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Showing your true colours now.

He was born in England. Watch the video and tell me why he doesn't seem like a normal English school kid. You may need to watch it with your eyes closed though.

He does look like a normal kid.   Of course he does.  You are being shown what they want you to see and for some reason they want you to see him like this and not the monster that butchered 3 little girls.   They don't want you to see:

1. What he looks like now.

2. What happened in the intervening years. 

3. Whether or not he was radicalized and if so by who.  Hint: It's probably not the "far right" or a Christian priest. 

Why is that do you think?  

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

The Judge has stated that the purpose was to stop speculation - the suspect not having an Islamic name allowed the release of the name to serve a purpose. His motive was clearly pragmatism over principle and while it could be that there is no evidence whatsoever of an Islamic extremist motive, if there was it would be pragmatic (and also disingenuous) to withhold that information. Against a backdrop of the authorities repeatedly downplaying Islamic extremist motives or not naming suspects or referring to immigrants (not apply in this case) as a local man or by the name of the town in which he lived, such a suspicion is not unreasonable. So, I just don't feel we can be '100% sure that if motivation identified it will be reported'. In fact rather, it would be expected that if there was NO evidence of Islamic involvement that would have been reported, although I think it is a fair assumption that it may be too early following his arrest to unequivocally state that there was no Islamic extremist motive.

You would be referencing early reports of an incident. Police will normally release info on the offender once to hand and confirmed as credible. True occasionally info may be held back for a while due to concerns of civil disorder by the usual types. However details are made available at trial unless subject to national security restrictions.

Edited by simple1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a prime example:

Re:  'Unfortunately precedent has been set that in order for people to be listened to and get what they want then rioting is the way as was demonstrated in the BLM riots and the Harehills riots more recently.'

I don't see that as 'excusing and justifying' rioting at all, let alone a 'prime example' I see it as condemnation of governments and authorities who flat out refuse to listen to the population and for example their displeasure at what is being unwelcome forced upon them, or Government inaction.

I am unable to understand how you came to the interpretation that you did that he was 'excusing and justifying these riots' unless looking through a very biased and jaundiced lens.

Perhaps we should let the board judge for itself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Re:  'Unfortunately precedent has been set that in order for people to be listened to and get what they want then rioting is the way as was demonstrated in the BLM riots and the Harehills riots more recently.'

I don't see that as 'excusing and justifying' rioting at all, let alone a 'prime example' I see it as condemnation of governments and authorities who flat out refuse to listen to the population and for example their displeasure at what is being unwelcome forced upon them, or Government inaction.

I am unable to understand how you came to the interpretation that you did that he was 'excusing and justifying these riots' unless looking through a very biased and jaundiced lens.

Perhaps we should let the board judge for itself.

Count the responses!

• Love It 2

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

You are being shown what they want you to see

Speaking of this as a general principle* our resident Lefties are completely unable to grasp this, not only do they not understand how propaganda works they do not even know it is propaganda.

*we can't rule out in this case that MAYBE there actually is not very much to see.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

His parents are from Rwanda.....maybe something to do with the swap scheme the Tories set up for £500,000,000.

93% of Rwandans are Christians.....go figure.

In isolation I would say that with that background that it would be very unlikely that he was a Islamic extremist, but once you add in the factor of a knife attack that resembles Islamic extremist attacks you cannot be so sure. The point I am making is with that factored in you cannot definitively claim that he could not possibly be  an Islamic extremist because of his background.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Speaking of this as a general principle* our resident Lefties are completely unable to grasp this, not only do they not understand how propaganda works they do not even know it is propaganda.

*we can't rule out in this case that MAYBE there actually is not very much to see.

It wasn’t the Lefties that have taken to the streets, attacking a completely innocent community, destroying property and violently attacking the police in response to misinformation and propaganda.

Even now we have rightwing members of this forum contorting logic and reality to obfuscate the very lies they swallowed.

A perfect example of how propaganda works and who is susceptible to it.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Count the responses!

Considering how Lefties are the majority on here a response count doesn't really mean anything, it just probably means there are more Lefties than normal people on this board thread. I am sure your fellow lefties will rally round and give your post a positive response.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

In isolation I would say that with that background that it would be very unlikely that he was a Islamic extremist, but once you add in the factor of a knife attack that resembles Islamic extremist attacks you cannot be so sure. The point I am making is with that factored in you cannot definitively claim that he could not possibly be  an Islamic extremist because of his background.

The point you are making is to expose your deeply ingrained bias.

• Agree 1