Southport Stabbing: Child Killed and Several Injured in Taylor Swift-Themed Workshop Attack

Social Media

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Er, what??

Men beating up women is bad. (Not getting in to the whole Olympic debate as it has been skewed by both sides, but look in to the facts rather than Daily Mail headlines - it is more complex than most people realise).

Immigration should be controlled. No one disagrees with that.

Stating that makes you "far right" in leftist parlance.  The people have tried the democratic approach with regards to controlling immigration for the past 14 years, consistently voting for the party that kept making promises that immigration would be reduced to a more manageable level of tens of thousands per year.   Not only was this ignored, but it was actively accelerated against the wishes of the people.  There has never been a mandate to fundamentally make such a drastic change to the country.  

So the people have tried the democratic approach and it failed, and what happens when democracy fails?  Probably something like we are seeing. People have been warning about this for many, many years and every single time they were labelled as far right and racist in order to shut down any debate on this.   I'm surprised people are surprised by what is happening. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/2/2024 at 1:51 PM, mokwit said:
  On 8/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, johnnybangkok said:

By all accounts this young man was born and brought up in the UK. Maybe he was radicalised (I'm sure that will come out over time if he was) but religious nuts usually don't take it out on children. So when looking for reasons perhaps many of you should take off your racist/Islamophobic blinkers and start looking at the most obvious reason of a very troubled boy finally snapping and taking his frustrations out on those poor kids.   

Well said ! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

He was clever enough to throw away the knife if he still had it in his hands if the Armed response team was at the scene they would have shot him dead. Pity it wasn't in his hand.

And do you really think that would have stopped the far right, might have made it even worse in fact.

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Or another way of looking at it would be.... "His comments highlighted some of the failures of the immigration system and the need for stricter controls"   But, not to worry,  anybody agreeing with him, to any degree, has been dismissed as  "Right Wing" 

That is of little concern to anyone....what is of concern is disinformation and incitement to riot by total morons....left or right.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The killing of the 3 innocent young girls was just the blue touch paper to a much deeper malaise in British society, and scapegoating Robinson and Farage, who merely piggybacked onto the riots, is left wing propaganda; fodder for the gullible and incurious. Unfortunately, the left wing liberals either don’t have the political intelligence to realise what this is all about, or the courage to admit it.

Some 30 years ago the Muslim population in Britain rioted over a book ‘The Satanic verses’ This terrified the establishment which has been appeasing them ever since to the detriment of moral sense and Western values.

Young white girls were allowed to become sacrificial offerings for the sexual gratification of Pakistani Muslim men, in the hope of diverting them from rioting; this was enabled by the police, Labour councils, and left wing social service workers.

Any opposition to the influence of 7th century Islamic values, has been brutally oppressed by the establishment for years, while the likes of Anjem Choudary promoted Salafi jihadism with impunity.

Having finally understood that our liberalism is seen as weakness by Muslims, some in British society, have taken a leaf out of the Islamic book and started to riot; these riots are of course not the answer, but it is what happens when a large part of the electorate feel that their concerns are being ignored and marginalised, whilst the establishment prioritises minorities.   

Please tell me someone forced you type that and hit the send button.

Or should we consider this Islamophobic diatribe all your own work and keep it in mind when reading g your thoughts in other matters?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Stating that makes you "far right" in leftist parlance.  The people have tried the democratic approach with regards to controlling immigration for the past 14 years, consistently voting for the party that kept making promises that immigration would be reduced to a more manageable level of tens of thousands per year.   Not only was this ignored, but it was actively accelerated against the wishes of the people.  There has never been a mandate to fundamentally make such a drastic change to the country.  

So the people have tried the democratic approach and it failed, and what happens when democracy fails?  Probably something like we are seeing. People have been warning about this for many, many years and every single time they were labelled as far right and racist in order to shut down any debate on this.   I'm surprised people are surprised by what is happening. 

There was an election last month.

’The people’ had a choice, and they chose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

1 in 5 people voted for Labour.   4 out of 5 did not.   When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated.  

There is no democratic mandate for mass immigration of over a million people a year.  There never has been.   I'm surprised it has taken this long for the people to say enough is enough.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Now that the Party of law and order have gone, the people are free to riot 

Having handed the crown of fiscal responsibility on a plate to Labour, the rightwing are now giving Labour the opportunity to take the lead on law and order.

Starmer is organizing the police to deal with these coordinated rightwing riots, it will win him support from the vast majority of law abiding citizens.

Go ahead, cheer on the extreme rightwing attacking innocent communities, looting businesses, destroying property, and violently attacking the police.

See who comes out on top.

The extreme right wing are giving the Government all the excuses they need to clamp down on their thuggery.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, James105 said:

1 in 5 people voted for Labour.   4 out of 5 did not.   When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated.  

There is no democratic mandate for mass immigration of over a million people a year.  There never has been.   I'm surprised it has taken this long for the people to say enough is enough.  

Immigration has accelerated since the election?

How does it compare with that of July 2023?

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Just when I thought that you couldn’t possibly leave a more woke comment than any of your previous ones, you excel yourself and come up with this little gem; accusing me of Islamophobia, that recently invented word, used by the left, and antisemites, as a way of shutting down any discussion or criticism about the myriad problems that Islam has brought to western civilisation.

A phobia, just in case you didn’t know, is an unreasonable, or irrational fear of something.

Do I fear Islam ? absolutely, it terrifies me. Is my fear irrational or unreasonable ? absolutely not, it is based on a very logical, rational  thought process, influenced by the hundreds of attacks on, and murders of, innocent western civilians by muslims; here are just a few that spring to mind:

9/11 USA 2,996 dead 25,000 + injured

7/7  London bombs 52 dead 784 injured

2017 London Bridge, 8 killed 48 injured

2017 Barcelona, driver mows down 100 people, 14 dead 130 injured.

2022 Manchester concert bomb, 22 dead 119 injured

2015 Charlie Hebbo 12 dead

2019 London Bridge 2 dead 3 injured

2020 France stabbing and beheading 3 dead

2020 Samuel Paty, French teacher beheaded in the street

2015 Bataclan, Paris 130 dead 350 wounded

2015 Nice, France, truck rampage 86 dead 434 injured

2023 Arras France .. teacher stabbed to death

2016 Rouen France 85 year old priest has throat slit at alter of church

2023 Brussels, 2 Swedish football fans shot dead

2018 Carcassonne France 5 dead 15 injured

2024 Crocus hall Moscow: 140 dead 300 injured

All these slaughters of innocent western civilians, and there are hundreds more, yes, hundreds, and hundreds more, were carried out by adherents to Islam; listed are just a few of the reasons that I fear Islam, and there is no phobia attached to my fear whatsoever.

Conversely, you, no doubt, as an apologist and enabler for this misogynistic, homophobic, medieval death cult masquerading as the religion of peace, will be fully equipped to act as if none of this happened.

The heinous crime to which this thread relates has absolutely nothing to do wit Islam.

But you just can’t help yourself.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Immigration has accelerated since the election?

How does it compare with that of July 2023?

Where did I say it increased since the election?   I said "When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated".

I've put the important word in bold for you.  Hope that helps.    

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Where did I say it increased since the election?   I said "When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated".

I've put the important word in bold for you.  Hope that helps.    

Accelerated, therefore increased.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The heinous crime to which this thread relates has absolutely nothing to do wit Islam.

But you just can’t help yourself.

What on earth are you talking about; you actually accused me of Islamophobia, and then when I refute your accusation, you spit your dummy out. Don’t accuse people of something if you are not prepared to be answered; typical left wing student tactics.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Accelerated, therefore increased.

Christ on a bike.   It's like conversing with an NPC.   In 2010, 2015, 2016 (Brexit), 2019 people voted for the party/solution that promised control of the borders and reduced immigration.   Ergo:

"When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What on earth are you talking about; you actually accused me of Islamophobia, and then when I refute your accusation, you spit your dummy out. Don’t accuse people of something if you are not prepared to be answered; typical left wing student tactics.

Your diatribe is pure Islamophobia and (see if you can grasp this) Islam has absolutely nothing to do with the heinous crimes which are the subject of this thread.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Christ on a bike.   It's like conversing with an NPC.   In 2010, 2015, 2016 (Brexit), 2019 people voted for the party/solution that promised control of the borders and reduced immigration.   Ergo:

"When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated".

I wonder who was in power then?

Left or rightwing?

Oh and a nice revision to the point you were actually making:

1 in 5 people voted for Labour.   4 out of 5 did not.   When the people did vote to reduce immigration it was ignored and accelerated.  

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your diatribe is pure Islamophobia

You seem to have been reduced to name calling now; that’s the second time you’ve accused me of Islamophobia, both times without any explanation.

So maybe you could explain exactly what you think the definition of Islamophobia is; but may I respectfully suggest you google ‘phobia’ before replying … many thanks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And probably all of the rioters didn't bother.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You seem to have been reduced to name calling now; that’s the second time you’ve accused me of Islamophobia, both times without any explanation.

So maybe you could explain exactly what you think the definition of Islamophobia is; but may I respectfully suggest you google ‘phobia’ before replying … many thanks

The basis of my observation is two fold.

1. The Islamophobic diatribe you yourself posted.

2. The fact you chose to post it in a thread discussing the heinous murder of three children, that has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

Get grip, this heinous crime has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The basis of my observation is two fold.

1. The Islamophobic diatribe you yourself posted.

2. The fact you chose to post it in a thread discussing the heinous murder of three children, that has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

Get grip, this heinous crime has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

So, once again,  you find it completely impossible  to give a definition of Islamophobia, even though you throw the word around like confetti, and have now accused me of it three times  .... pathetic  

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So, once again,  you find it completely impossible  to give a definition of Islamophobia, even though you throw the word around like confetti, and have now accused me of it three times  .... pathetic  

You find the definition and f Islamophobia online.

You can find the topic of discussion at the top of the thread.

The heinous crime being discussed is nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

You might want to explain why you think your disgraceful post has anything at all to do with heinous crime under discussion.

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Just when I thought that you couldn’t possibly leave a more woke comment than any of your previous ones, you excel yourself and come up with this little gem; accusing me of Islamophobia, that recently invented word, used by the left, and antisemites, as a way of shutting down any discussion or criticism about the myriad problems that Islam has brought to western civilisation.

A phobia, just in case you didn’t know, is an unreasonable, or irrational fear of something.

Do I fear Islam ? absolutely, it terrifies me. Is my fear irrational or unreasonable ? absolutely not, it is based on a very logical, rational  thought process, influenced by the hundreds of attacks on, and murders of, innocent western civilians by muslims; here are just a few that spring to mind:

9/11 USA 2,996 dead 25,000 + injured

7/7  London bombs 52 dead 784 injured

2017 London Bridge, 8 killed 48 injured

2017 Barcelona, driver mows down 100 people, 14 dead 130 injured.

2022 Manchester concert bomb, 22 dead 119 injured

2015 Charlie Hebbo 12 dead

2019 London Bridge 2 dead 3 injured

2020 France stabbing and beheading 3 dead

2020 Samuel Paty, French teacher beheaded in the street

2015 Bataclan, Paris 130 dead 350 wounded

2015 Nice, France, truck rampage 86 dead 434 injured

2023 Arras France .. teacher stabbed to death

2016 Rouen France 85 year old priest has throat slit at alter of church

2023 Brussels, 2 Swedish football fans shot dead

2018 Carcassonne France 5 dead 15 injured

2024 Crocus hall Moscow: 140 dead 300 injured

All these slaughters of innocent western civilians, and there are hundreds more, yes, hundreds, and hundreds more, were carried out by adherents to Islam; listed are just a few of the reasons that I fear Islam, and there is no phobia attached to my fear whatsoever.

Conversely, you, no doubt, as an apologist and enabler for this misogynistic, homophobic, medieval death cult masquerading as the religion of peace, will be fully equipped to act as if none of this happened.

Hmm. but there are over 1.9 billion muslims in the world.  I think your fear is understandable but irrational.  Reading about the subject might make you less scared.

• Agree 2