90-day report must be in person after each re-entry?

I came back to Chiang Rai from an overseas trip in March of this year.  My 90 day report was due in June.  This is the first time I had to do the report in person when coming back from overseas.  I did not have to do a new TM30.  I came back to the same address that I have been living at for 6 years.

This new change sucks big time. I did a first time check at CW in March, and was told would be able to to next online. Next date was June. But went on an overseas holiday in May and returned before the next date in June. Have been in the kingdom for 90 days now. Did online but rejected. Get same msg as posted before - For first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation at the immigration office is required.

So what does this mean, if leave and return then must always do in person? 

Not so far in my case. I'm assuming you returned on a valid re entry permit and using the passport you left on with that in  it. A new passport number triggers an auto rejection by the system, as does a new visa. At what point in the online process did you get this notification? Immediately from the online  system in response to your application or later? I ask because the online applications are actually processed if accepted online by your local office

Could be different now, the regulations or rather their interpretation, change with the wind direction, office or officer. 

I am not aware that the regulations have been changed.

I left and returned twice last year entering those return dates  as entry date without a problem but haven't left again since I returned in August 2023.

54 minutes ago, nottin said:

This new change sucks big time. I did a first time check at CW in March, and was told would be able to to next online. Next date was June. But went on an overseas holiday in May and returned before the next date in June. Have been in the kingdom for 90 days now. Did online but rejected. Get same msg as posted before - For first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation at the immigration office is required.

So what does this mean, if leave and return then must always do in person? 

Yes  if you go abroad then the first 90 day must be done in person at CW,  they told me because the system does not update your last entry into Thailand, the system is supposed to update but it does not work

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not so far in my case. I'm assuming you returned on a valid re entry permit and using the passport you left on with that in  it. A new passport number triggers an auto rejection by the system, as does a new visa. At what point in the online process did you get this notification? Immediately from the online  system in response to your application or later? I ask because the online applications are actually processed if accepted online by your local office

Could be different now, the regulations or rather their interpretation, change with the wind direction, office or officer. 

I am not aware that the regulations have been changed.

I left and returned twice last year entering those return dates  as entry date without a problem but haven't left again since I returned in August 2023.

My observation with my rejection was that it was always overnight - my guess here is that the system is not making comparions in realtime but does it in a batch overnight - if you got a rejection overnight it was an auto rejection and never got as far as an IO is my guess.

22 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Totally 100% correct 😮 😕 

Since they did the last update to the TM47 online system you have to file the first report after you return from abroad in person before you can then use the online system for subsequent 90 day reports
AND
Now that the TM47 and the TM30 systems cross check passport/addresses you need to file a new TM30 when you come in from abroad as well

Plus one last bit of bad news the "window to apply online" is from 2 weeks before down until 1 week before the due date (outside that window you get denied)

Can the first TM47 after coming back from abroad be done by mail?

If the first TM47 after coming back from abroad is done in person or by mail, both require a separate TM30 even if coming back to the same address with reentry permit?

1 hour ago, howerde said:

Yes  if you go abroad then the first 90 day must be done in person at CW,  they told me because the system does not update your last entry into Thailand, the system is supposed to update but it does not work

From my own experience, I've observed if you go out of Country in-between a due 90-day report, then on return you can complete online as normal.

If however you are out of Country and miss a 90-day report, then the first online report counting 90 days from entry will be rejected, and you have to file in person.

I believe that's because by missing the due date the system was expecting a report, you're now out of date sync because the system is not aware of your exit and re-entry dates.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

From my own experience, I've observed if you go out of Country in-between a due 90-day report, then on return you can complete online as normal.

If however you are out of Country and miss a 90-day report, then the first online report counting 90 days from entry will be rejected, and you have to file in person.

So you've done this? You have carried on doing online 90 days, ignoring your trips out of country and ignored resetting the 90 day clock on return and it works?

23 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Totally 100% correct 😮 😕 

Since they did the last update to the TM47 online system you have to file the first report after you return from abroad in person before you can then use the online system for subsequent 90 day reports
AND
Now that the TM47 and the TM30 systems cross check passport/addresses you need to file a new TM30 when you come in from abroad as well

Plus one last bit of bad news the "window to apply online" is from 2 weeks before down until 1 week before the due date (outside that window you get denied)

Clip from my rejected email received today from CW

Screenshot_20240802_125140.jpg

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes

I will be due to return to Thailand after 3 weeks in the UK with a rentry permit and a date to do my 90 day report 3 days after, I have always done my 90 reports in person.

I was told about 3 years ago by an IO with my wife as a witness that my 90 day report starts from the day I arrive back in Thailand if I don't change my address.

I know that individually, IO's change their rules and staff regularly, so do I do a 90 day report 3 days after I arrive in Thailand or wait the 90 days?

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

I will be due to return to Thailand after 3 weeks in the UK with a rentry permit and a date to do my 90 day report 3 days after, I have always done my 90 reports in person.

I was told about 3 years ago by an IO with my wife as a witness that my 90 day report starts from the day I arrive back in Thailand if I don't change my address.

I know that individually, IO's change their rules and staff regularly, so do I do a 90 day report 3 days after I arrive in Thailand or wait the 90 days?

The day you return to Thailand is day 1 for your next 90 day report countdown.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Totally 100% correct 😮 😕 

AND

I entered on re-entry permit in October 2023 and April 2024.  I was able to do the 90 report on-line both times, when due. Like most things, it depends on the immigration office.  I use Udon.

48 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

So you've done this? You have carried on doing online 90 days, ignoring your trips out of country and ignored resetting the 90 day clock on return and it works?

Only when I was out of Country between a due 90-day report.

When out of Country when a 90-day report was due and missed, then counting the first day of re-entry as day 1 of the next due 90 day report, it was rejected online, and I had to file in person.

Just an assumption, but if you miss a 90-day report due to being out of the Country, you have to apply in person for the IO to manually reset the calendar clock for your future due dates.

It appears the online 90 day is not in any way connected to the entry/exit system.

38 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

so do I do a 90 day report 3 days after I arrive in Thailand or wait the 90 days?

If 3 days after you return is the due date, try it immediately on return.
It still worked for me as if I'd not left the Country.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:21 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Take note @Tod Daniels

47 minutes ago, norbra said:

Clip from my rejected email received today from CW

Screenshot_20240802_125140.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Following my recent return I received reminder email,so I reported got rejected "out of reporting window" 

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

Just an assumption, but if you miss a 90-day report due to being out of the Country, you have to apply in person for the IO to manually reset the calendar clock for your future due dates.

It appears the online 90 day is not in any way connected to the entry/exit system.

I think I'll try that.

Will be out of the country for a week soon and will stick to the current 90 days reporting schedule (as if I have never left the country).

Hope immi desks at airports aren't linked to 90 days system

Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, mokwit said:

No it hasn't always been, that is a recent correction of them for years pointlessly only allowing you to file online 14-7 days - for some reason they needlessly extrapolated the postal posting window to the online system.

Whatever it is "supposed" to be, I'm sticking with this, and no problems so far ...Thailand_Immigration_90DayOnlineReportingRules.jpg.f6110ee11900dc81fa37ca73fe2a94a4.jpg

Edited by Rob Browder

16 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

Whatever it is "supposed" to be, I'm sticking with this, and no problems so far ...Thailand_Immigration_90DayOnlineReportingRules.jpg.f6110ee11900dc81fa37ca73fe2a94a4.jpg

Posting obsolete material is of no help to anyone

2 minutes ago, norbra said:

True, but a number are saying that the schedule above was never the case, so it is correcting that. You know what sticklers we are for correctness on here - if you don't believe me refer to an extension of stay based on retirement as a "retirement visa".

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, norbra said:

Have you ever known IOs to go by "obsolete" rules?   We know telling them the "facts" does no good - even when printed in Thai by their own govt.

Are they still requiring the "medical" for retirement-based extensions at the Saumi office - a rule repealed decades ago?  I was forced to file a TM-28 years after it was phased-out.  This stuff happens.  Stick with the MOST RESTRICTIVE rule, and you are more likely to be OK.

7 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Doing a 90 report in person isn't the same as the two online systems (TM 30 and TM 47) cross checking passport and addresses

Is this now an either/or decision between manual and online ?

If you choose not to do a TM30 because you return to the same address as your existing TM30 - like the poster you replied to I was also told not necessary by Jomtien Immigration -  you will have to abandon the 90 day online reporting system going forward. 

Or is it just the 1st 90 day after return that has to be done in person without a new TM30, and then you can revert back to online 90's.

It's not the paperwork for re-filing the same TM30 address that puts me off, just the volume of customers in that area of Jomtien Immigration.

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Only when I was out of Country between a due 90-day report.

In that case what difference does it make how long you stay out of Thailand, keep doing the 90 day reports online from anywhere - using a VPN if need be to avoid traveling in person to do the 90 day report when you return? I am hypothesizing this based on what your experience?

Not something I would try myself as it is supposed to be a report of staying over 90 days in Thailand and 3 days that worked for you is not - but gaming the failed system?

Edited by Digitalbanana

11 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

Have you ever known IOs to go by "obsolete" rules?   We know telling them the "facts" does no good - even when printed in Thai by their own govt.

Are they still requiring the "medical" for retirement-based extensions at the Saumi office - a rule repealed decades ago?  I was forced to file a TM-28 years after it was phased-out.  This stuff happens.  Stick with the MOST RESTRICTIVE rule, and you are more likely to be OK.

For the last several years my applications for extension of stay (retirement) at CW have been accepted without question. I have always had extra relevant docs with me,Just in case.

Posted (edited)

I’m going to Chaeng Wattana to do my 90 day because (see original post at top) I was out of the country in May.   I have changed address since my last 90 day report but not since I left the country.  My landlord (actually hotel/serviced apartment) filed a TM30 online both before I left and again when I re-entered in May BUT I can’t get a screenshot of it because they say after 15 days it no longer shows in their system.  Do I need the TM30 at all given my address hasn’t changed since I was last in Thailand or is it the address on my last TM47 that has to match my new TM47?  If I do need a TM30 is there a way I can just fill it out at immigration or do I somehow have to file it online (probably impossible since I’m already registered via the hotel)?

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

Posted (edited)

If that’s true it seems you could avoid having to go in person after a re-entry if you file the TM47 online but don’t enter your recent re-entry date, just use the same one you used on your last TM47.   Not that I would suggest entering inaccurate info of course …

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

On 8/1/2024 at 1:21 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Not correct in my case. Had a month in Dubai returning to my registered address on 14th May, so my 90 days was due on 11th August. Did it online yesterday and got the receipt within one hour. However it says next report is due on 30th October, 90 days from yesterday. Next time I shall wait until closer to the required date as I have 'lost' 10 days, as if it makes any difference.

Edited by KannikaP