Uk non o processing time

Just incase anybody was wondering    applied in UK for NON O visa  "visit wife"    sent application in on 26/7   (friday around 10am)  rec'd visa by email 30/7  (tuesday around 11am)  4 days including saturday and sunday. 

• Thanks 1

Last Oct I applied about 8pm on a Thursday evening, thinking it would be the following week.

Came about 10 pm on the Saturday, about 50 hours.

The year before took 3 days but that had request for add info.

They are quite good but it shouldn't be taken for granted.

Good news re the London processing times.

I will be applying for a non o 90 day visa later this month. ( I will only be visiting 90 days and will not be applying for any extension)

Is it easier to get one based on retirement or based on marriage?  What documents have to be uploaded for each type?

26 minutes ago, Dave Grant said:

Good news re the London processing times.

I will be applying for a non o 90 day visa later this month. ( I will only be visiting 90 days and will not be applying for any extension)

Is it easier to get one based on retirement or based on marriage?  What documents have to be uploaded for each type?

Based on marriage is easy enough   Marriage certificate , wifes ID card, 400,000 baht in the bank here , plane ticket, utility bill, photo

Not 100% sure about retirement but obviously no marriage certificate or wifes Id would be required  money in the bank will increase to 800,000

plane tickets , proof of accommodation, utility bill , photo    same as above

I don't understand why they want to see 400,000 baht for a 90 day non o based on marriage as that is the amount req'd for a 12 month extension its possibly a misprint and if you were to question it they might not require it.

You could get 90 days from a tourist visa (with a 30 day extension) 

25 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Based on marriage is easy enough   Marriage certificate , wifes ID card, 400,000 baht in the bank here , plane ticket, utility bill, photo

Not 100% sure about retirement but obviously no marriage certificate or wifes Id would be required  money in the bank will increase to 800,000

I don't understand why they want to see 400,000 baht for a 90 day non o based on marriage as that is the amount req'd for a 12 month extension its possibly a misprint and if you were to question it they might not require it.

Thanks for your helpful reply, I will probably go for the marriage option then. I know I could get an extension to the 60 day tourist visa, but easier for me to do everything online before I travel.

14 minutes ago, Dave Grant said:

Thanks for your helpful reply, I will probably go for the marriage option then. I know I could get an extension to the 60 day tourist visa, but easier for me to do everything online before I travel.

you could actually get 150 days out of a tourist visa if married and were careful when you applied for the extensions.   Or the same with a visa exempt entry.   There are many options  , you can take your pick

9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

In 2023 It was £1k+ for single entry, (£10k for the non-O Multi, which they are not offering since last autum) in the bank in the UK. 

In addition to your list they suggested an accomodation booking for the first couple of days.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

In 2023 It was £1k+ for single entry, (£10k for the non-O Multi, which they are not offering since last autum) in the bank in the UK. 

In addition to your list they suggested an accomodation booking for the first couple of days.

They do ask about accommodation and require details (its not really a suggestion more a requirement) I just provided the address of our house,  It matches the address on her ID card and they have not asked for more,

Its 400k for a one year extension, A multi entry non O can last for more than a year so i kind of understand them wanting the same,  but a single entry is only 90 days or 150 with the extension to visit the wife,  I couldn't spend 400k in that time, I'm sure its a misprint

Edited by Bday Prang

I am planning to return to Thailand for retirement towards the middle of September and this is my plan of action, however if anyone sees any flaws in it please tell me.

1. I am depositing the equivalent of 1m baht into my  Siam CB account by transfer from my Lloyds Bank account tomorrow.

2. when I arrive in Thailand I will get 60 days visa exempt stamp in my passport.

3. About 20 days from the expiration of the 60 days I will attend Khon Kaen immigration office armed with relevant documents and apply for a non immigrant O visa which will then give me another 90 days.

4. About 20 days before the non O expiry date I will apply for 1 year extension of stay based on retirement by which time I will not allow my account to drop below 800k baht. 

It seems simple enough to me but have I missed anything obvious that could cause a problem to this plan?