What's behind the current THB strength?

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

USD skyrockets against the THB, breaking new record high, for this week :cheesy:

We can all go shopping now for a treat, now that back over 33.   If I didn't jinx it ... oh crap :coffee1:

Maybe a Lao Dark instead of Archa :cheesy:

I still had 100K US$ sitting in my FCD account. On Monday, when I saw it go lower every time I clicked on XE, I cut my losses and exchanged at 32.11 Baht.

At the time of typing this post I would get about 33.20 from Kasikorn.

I'm packing the Lao Dark I bought last week to return to shop, and get Archa instead

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Schoggibueb said:

Lets see what happens after the 16th of October when BOT has their meeting. The pressure is rising to cut intrest rates.

If they cut interest rates, the exchange rate for us foreigners obviously will get better than today

55 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I still had 100K US$ sitting in my FCD account. On Monday, when I saw it go lower every time I clicked on XE, I cut my losses and exchanged at 32.11 Baht.

At the time of typing this post I would get about 33.20 from Kasikorn.

I'm packing the Lao Dark I bought last week to return to shop, and get Archa instead

What kind of interest rate does your $ earn in that FCD account?

Can't take away my Lao Dark..

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I'm have a vision .... HAPPY NEW YEAR

image.png.18e023287e123622d03f2e21618f2af2.png

Honey ... you going to pass that, or bogart it all night ... :rasta:

Seems like a long time ago when I last saw a rate that high...I doubt I will ever see it again....but it sure would put a smile on my face. 

49 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

In one word. nothing.

I might be lying, I think the 100K earned me about 600 baht a year

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You have $100k USD sitting in an account that gives you practically 0 interest.

Why?

I would be having that chunk of change in a high dividend paying stock earning 80k THB a month, or more (before taxes).

16 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You have $100k USD sitting in an account that gives you practically 0 interest.

Why?

I would be having that chunk of change in a high dividend paying stock earning 80k THB a month, or more (before taxes).

Maybe I have a bit more than 100K US$, and are actually spreading my investments. Ever considered that?

In fact a multiple of the 100K was deposited in the FCD end of 2015, think the rate was about 37 at that time, with the intention to exchange when the rate would get better.

Bad investment, as it only went down from that point.

I exchanged parts of it in the last 12 months at better rates as Monday, but honestly made a huge loss on the whole amount.

I know, all members here buy low and sell high, as it is just as easy as that, but I'm the exemption on that.

20 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Yeah sure, you would have ~ 3,700,000 Baht sitting in a stock earning you 1 million a year.

37 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Yeah sure, you would have ~ 3,700,000 Baht sitting in a stock earning you 1 million a year.

Duhhhh.... I currently have twice that amount invested in about 10 different tickers.  I would say 5 of those are considered high paying dividend stocks.....I spread the risk around....I've been investing for years and wasn't born last night.

Let me see....YMAX

1K shares at a cost of less than $20k USD will get you around $200 USD a WEEK in dividends.... (~6,500 THB).

Can you do the math or do you need any help....and do note, that's just $20k on a single ticker!

Edited by dingdongrb

1 minute ago, dingdongrb said:

Duhhhh.... I currently have twice that amount invested in about 10 different tickers.  I would say 5 of those are considered high paying dividend stocks.....I spread the risk around....I've been investing for years and wasn't born last night.

Let me see....YMAX

1K shares at a cost of less than $20k USD will get you around $200 USD a WEEK in dividends.... (~6,500 THB).

Can you do the math or do you need any help....and do note, that's just $20k on a single ticker!

Everyone can cherry-pick something to make his point. Tell us about your losers. Oh wait, you only have winners, of course, that is why you live in Isaan in a rental house and post threads about downsizing.

54 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Everyone can cherry-pick something to make his point. Tell us about your losers. Oh wait, you only have winners, of course, that is why you live in Isaan in a rental house and post threads about downsizing.

Perhaps you don't know this so let me help you out. You have to sell to get a loser. The only losers I have are the OTC tickers I play. But I only go after them to satisfy my gambling urge and to hit some nice payoffs. I then invest those OTC winners in big board tickers which are ripe for gains or those that have a good dividend payout.

Sure, I bought some YMAX shares above $20 and if sold them now I would lose on my initial investment. But why sell when I get such nice dividends?

Yes, you are correct I have lost quite a few times playing the penny OTC tickers, but the winners I have made there greatly surpass the losers.

Isaan rental, downsizing....great personal bashing, you got me busting a gut. However you really should focus more on your investment tactics.$100k just sitting idle...hmmmm