Trip Report: Immo/CW asking to see TM30 - Never had before in my experience

Over the past 16 years, I have done annual extensions (retirement) and 90-day address reports (in person) at Immo/Bkk, and was never asked to produce a TM30 receipt.

This morning, I went to do my 90-day address report as usual at Immo/CW, and the officer said that, for the next 90-day report, I need to show evidence of an updated TM30. 

To make this point clear, she put a red stamp at the lower left corner of my TM47 receipt repeating the instructions to do the TM30 update.  I had never seen that stamp before either.

Not sure if this was a random check or a new policy...but word to the wise. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

When did you last do a TM30, I  think last year or maybe the year before you had to re register the TM 3O on the new website, you should have got an email advising you, there was no automatic transfer of data. or it could be a new thing

i did an in person 90 report at CW two weeks ago.  the IO did not ask me to see a TM30 or to update the TM30 (or give me the stamp you posted a picture of).  my apartment manager gives me a screenshot of the TM30 in the immigration system for my visit to do the one year extension each year.  unfortunately, i don't know when she updates it so i can't say how old it is. 

Edited by buick

Posted (edited)

The question that comes to mind now is how often we will need to do a TM30 update (if this is a policy change).

Once a year seems OK -- but quarterly would be onerous.

Edited by TaoNow

I bring my TM30 everytime since that brit chick accident last year. She was refused based on the absence of that damned TM30 card. 

Never ever been asked for it, but things times changed

19 hours ago, TaoNow said:

The question that comes to mind now is how often we will need to do a TM30 update (if this is a policy change).

Daily

If over 95 y.o. (need certicate from embassy confirming age), weekly.

• Confused 1

On 8/2/2024 at 1:01 PM, TaoNow said:

Over the past 16 years, I have done annual extensions (retirement) and 90-day address reports (in person) at Immo/Bkk, and was never asked to produce a TM30 receipt.

This morning, I went to do my 90-day address report as usual at Immo/CW, and the officer said that, for the next 90-day report, I need to show evidence of an updated TM30. 

To make this point clear, she put a red stamp at the lower left corner of my TM47 receipt repeating the instructions to do the TM30 update.  I had never seen that stamp before either.

Not sure if this was a random check or a new policy...but word to the wise. 

Not a difficult task is it? Its clear they want an updated TM30 so file one and everyone is happy again 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Dan: 

You mis-read the purpose of my post.  I was alerting members (and viewers of AN) that your 90-day address report at Immo/CW may now require a receipt for a TM30 report, something which has not been required over the past decade or so.

'nuff said,

• Agree 1

I did a 90-day mid July (note: rules may have been changed since!) after having been abroad which made it not possible (at least for me) to report on-line. No TM30 was asked. I had made an on-line appoitment; exactly at the scheduled time my number came up and was in/out in less than two minutes. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2024 at 1:01 PM, TaoNow said:

At BKK CW, there are some activities that might trigger a request for an updated TM30....

Such as...

--if you actually changed your residennce or did some transaction at a different Immigration office.

--if you traveled internationally and returned with a new visa or without a re-entry permit

--if you got a new passport with a new passport number?

Any of those kinds of situations apply in your circumstance?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At BKK CW, there are some activities that might trigger a request for an updated TM30....

Such as...

--if you actually changed your residennce or did some transaction at a different Immigration office.

--if you traveled internationally and returned with a new visa or without a re-entry permit

--if you got a new passport with a new passport number?

Any of those kinds of situations apply in your circumstance?

TGJ -- I had none of these conditions.  Plus, the red stamp on my receipt for the 90-day address report (see the 3rd post) was new -- suggesting that this is a new policy. 

58 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

TGJ -- I had none of these conditions.  Plus, the red stamp on my receipt for the 90-day address report (see the 3rd post) was new -- suggesting that this is a new policy. 

Thanks for clarifying on the above details...

I saw the Imm. stamp image you posted above. Indeed, never seen that particular stamp notation before, that I can recall....

But obviously it's a premade stamp, so they must have found some regular recurring use for it.... 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2024 at 6:14 PM, cormanr7 said:

I did a 90-day mid July (note: rules may have been changed since!) after having been abroad which made it not possible (at least for me) to report on-line. No TM30 was asked. I had made an on-line appoitment; exactly at the scheduled time my number came up and was in/out in less than two minutes. 

On 8/18/2024 at 7:07 PM, DrJack54 said:

At CW? 

Returned to Thailand with reentry permit? 

I just had a similar experience at CW. Reporting 90 days at CW after returning from a trip abroad on a re-entry permit. I'm on a NON-O retirement extension. 

Went in with an appointment and was done in 2 minutes.  Only needed my passport and the TM47.

Was not asked for a TM30.

Curious why some get asked for TM30 and some don't, but not sure we are going to solve that riddle here today.  Shout out to
@TallGuyJohninBKKmaking an attempt to ask relevant questions though as to what may trigger a request for one.

31 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Was not asked for a TM30.

In the past 12 months I have attended CW for the following at various dates.

COR

Annual extension (retirement)

Transfer of stamps to new pp.

90 day report in person 

Several trips out of Thailand and reentry with a reentry permit.

Never asked for a TM30 

1 hour ago, expat_4_life said:

Curious why some get asked for TM30 and some don't,

A guess...maybe they can see that you have a valid TM30 (which matches the address you're using on the TM47) on file when they look up your details? And if you don't, you get asked.

I went to CW on the 2nd of September to tell them I am back from the states and get the new 90 day done. I had both the TM 47 form and a newly printed TM 30. She looked at smiled and handed the TM 47 back. "Use it for your next retirement extension in May". Also 5 minutes or so.