Cheap houses in Japan

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

I see foreigners in Japan buying houses for $6,000. Yes it's in the boonies with declining population, but houses are relatively nice and Japan is a livable place with good infrastructure. No trickery as the foreigner can own a land and house in full.

How does that compare to soi dog Farang building a 5 million baht house in the rice fields of Isaan for his bargirl that he will never own (a house and a bargirl).

Discuss

Those houses require major works plus there is substsntial land, house taxes which ends up totalling at least 10x orignal price.    

6 minutes ago, Sumiyoshicho said:

Those houses require major works plus there is substsntial land, house taxes which ends up totalling at least 10x orignal price.    

NOPE. Those houses that you mention are free houses that Japan government is giving out for free.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

NOPE. Those houses that you mention are free houses that Japan government is giving out for free.

Perhaps you can link to your source. I think you won't be able to do so. They'll be in places where all the young people have left with relatively poor transport links....plus you will likely need to renovate. If you think that you know differently, post up the links here.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

What exactly is a soi dog farang? And if you pay 100% for a house, you own it. And most of the girls married in Isaan aren't bar girls A percentage yes, but I wouldn't say many. How many foreigners have you seen buying houses in Japan? Do you live there, because from your posts it seems you're here?

What percentage of the girls in Pattaya are from Isaan?

• Agree 1

You can find decent habitable houses in Japan for 10 to 20 million yen but I personally consider them modest and small, not to mention the very high house insurance and the cost of living much higher than in Thailand including taxes and if you then add that the Japanese language is very difficult to learn and that I would always be considered a foreigner with much more disdain than the Thais. So it is a completely negative solution.

Edited by BE88
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

I see foreigners in Japan buying houses for $6,000. Yes it's in the boonies with declining population, but houses are relatively nice and Japan is a livable place with good infrastructure. No trickery as the foreigner can own a land and house in full.

How does that compare to soi dog Farang building a 5 million baht house in the rice fields of Isaan for his bargirl that he will never own (a house and a bargirl).

Discuss

If what you say is true, and I have no reason to disbelieve you, why don't you go to Japan and live there?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

seems to me its not about the houses but the abilty to LIVE there visa wise....cant live in a house if they dont let you stay....

but i guess logic has no place on this forum

Funny comment. Japan at the moment has over 3 million expats. But I guess the Thai doctrine has really made some posters unaware about the rest of the world. 

Another funny thing is how most here criticize Thai education system, but actually behave themselves even worse than brainwashed populace.

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If what you say is true, and I have no reason to disbelieve you, why don't you go to Japan and live there?

Funny that you asked! 

So in 2012/2013 I narrowed down my Asian adventure to 2 women. One was a lovely Japanese woman living in outskirts of Tokyo. She invited me and offered marriage. She was lonely, but had 2 half Japanese kids from the previous relationship (an abusive Brit - what's new). So we chatted for almost a year and developed a deep bond. However, I promised myself that I would never get involved with a woman who has kids. And her name was kinda odd - Natsu.... nuts....get it? So who is to say she wasn't the one who's actually crazy.

The second woman was a Thai girl, no kids, good job at Siemens BTS project. The deal breaker was when she sent me a bikini pic of her derriere. Five minutes later I was booking my ticket. The day after I landed we met at the hotel. No sex. Next day she invited me to her house. Sex. Then she captured me in her house for 2 years until I agreed to marry her. Since I wasn't paying rent I felt guilty and said yes.

The rest is history.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

He was talking about Isaan

Correct, but you about girls in Pattaya. (coming from Isaan). He was saying "And most of the girls married in Isaan aren't bar girls". I agree with that.

I agree that most bar girls in Pattaya come from Isaan but they are not the majority of girls in Isaan. Or do I misunderstand the Pattaya connection?

Edited by msbkk
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

You can buy a house in Australia for $30,000 if you are prepared to live in a small, remote town. 

not for 30k ... you can't ....   proof pls  ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, Natsu isn’t a bad name in Japanese.  It means fall (the season.). I have known several women named Natsuko.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, msbkk said:

Correct, but you about girls in Pattaya. (coming from Isaan). He was saying "And most of the girls married in Isaan aren't bar girls". I agree with that.

I agree that most bar girls in Pattaya come from Isaan but they are not the majority of girls in Isaan. Or do I misunderstand the Pattaya connection?

Correct, I'm pretty confident when the girls go back to Isaan none of them have worked sex before

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Correct, I'm pretty confident when the girls go back to Isaan none of them have worked sex before

Have you ever been to Isaan and lived there for a while? Or only in Pattaya? The majority of Isaan woman have never been in Pattaya.

Edited by msbkk

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

They are not free, free. There are substantial costs involved. I live in Tokyo, and this is a regular topic of discussion. You can get some good bargains but free is not really free.