Why is Thailand not full of so called Asylum Seekers?

1 hour ago, CashMoon said:

a report by the International Organization for Migration.

Yes

you clearly post nonsense on any thread that has to do with immigration, dont you?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CashMoon said:

They're just allowed to work illegally. The vast majority are from Myanmar. 2 million of them are irregular migrants.  They're everywhere in Bangkok. 

back up your crap with proof. link? statistics? 

nothin' i knew it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Or aborigines. 
Don’t give them a say whatever you do. They might want some rights.

I guess you don't live in OZ they have more rights than white people and yes I lived here for about 40 years. Tell me what have they built or invented Digeridoo and Boomerang? Great, what a good invention.

16 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

you clearly post nonsense on any thread that has to do with immigration, dont you?

14 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

back up your crap with proof. link? statistics? 

nothin' i knew it

You're still spouting nonsense even though the moderator had to delete your nonsense. I don't have to prove anything to you. Go research! 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, CashMoon said:

You're still spouting nonsense even though the moderator had to delete your nonsense. I don't have to prove anything to you. Go research! 

half the nonsense deleted was yours, remember? stick to the topic. dont hijack it. oh... if you stick to the topic youll have nothing to bait anyone on...

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

It isn't a bias.  It's asking a simple question.  "Why isn't Thailand full of economic migrants posing as refugees?" could be an equally valid title.

It's well established that the UK is being flooded by illegal immigrants who are posing as refugees, under the impression that simply by setting foot in the UK they will be given a free house and free money.

The original question is answered by the above, as Thailand is not perceived as offering the same financial reward.

Fair point, although I think your altternative title hints much less at any underlying bias. Thanks anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Why is the thread title "so called Asymlum Seekers"? It hints at a strong bias.

Maybe because an Asylum seeker is supposed to be a political refugee as opposed to a financial migrant (which a huge number of them are) claiming to be a political refugee. 

• Agree 2

And there was me thinking all the Burmese illegals were entering Thailand by sneaking across the border into Laos when all along they were using KAYAKS down the Mekong.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sanmyintmaung said:

There are many refugee camps inside Thailand to housing the large population of Myanmar nationals feeling the ongoing civil war. They were given housing and food by the UN hopefully until their country become peaceful again.

Unfortunately, peace never come to Myanmar and many are still living in those camps for generations. 

image.thumb.png.2df30cb8e5353479b63776f16c62f626.png

nice info. just curious though, how many asylum seekers are granted permanent residency, citizenship and even social security benefits? 81 241 refugees pales in comparison to the total the uk takes in year on end

• Confused 1

During Syrian crisis there were many families seeking refugee status (that building near UN HQ at Ratchada Damnueng rd). All refused. They tried visa-runs, working ilegaly at kebab-shops. Many ended up in IDC. The story was tearful. The whole families went to detention.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

nice info. just curious though, how many asylum seekers are granted permanent residency, citizenship and even social security benefits? 81 241 refugees pales in comparison to the total the uk takes in year on end

They were given food and shelter in refugee camps and told to wait in limbo until their home country become peaceful again. Sadly, many are second or third generation residents of the camp. 

4 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

They were given food and shelter in refugee camps and told to wait in limbo until their home country become peaceful again. Sadly, many are second or third generation residents of the camp. 

totally agree it is sad... very few compared to the west yet they cant go anywhere. i think the reason there is rage in the uk right now is that rather than having to wait, the refugees get passports too easily. if there were peace in their countries, would the uk asylum seekers give up their newly acquired benefits and go back home?

anyways the topic is about thai asylum seekers not uk... just warrants the question, why doesnt thailand grant them citizenship like our countries do?

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Difference between Australia and Thailand is Australia has signed an agreement with the UN on asylum which they do not follow. 

Fake people. Jumping across countries for handouts

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Asylum used to be for spies and ballet dancers, now it's little more than a scam to stay and get housed and fed for life by the dross of the world. Thailand has the right Idea you will never see them putting up ilegals in nice hotels and giving them cash every week.

Or Electric bikes for them to use delivering food.