Pattaya Police Round Up Bolt Drivers Involved in Clash with Kuwaiti Tourists

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya Police finally managed to round up a group of Thai Bolt drivers who were involved in a massive fight with Kuwaiti tourists on Soi Yensabai earlier this weekend.

On August 5th, 2024, Pol. Col. Nawin Thirawit, Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, along with other officers, apprehended nine Bolt drivers, aged 20-30 years old. They were taken to the Pattaya police station for questioning before being formally charged with assault and property damage.

The arrests followed a clash between Thai men, many of whom were Bolt drivers, and Kuwaiti tourists after an unresolved traffic accident dispute. Reports indicate that over 50 Kuwaiti men attacked a single Thai man, prompting the Thai men to retaliate, which led to the viral confrontation.

The nine suspects, whose names were not disclosed by the police, admitted their involvement in the fight. They claimed that their actions were motivated by a Facebook post, which urged Pattaya locals to reclaim their honor after the alleged attack on the Thai man.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: 77kaoded

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-06

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

Reports indicate that over 50 Kuwaiti men attacked a single Thai man, prompting the Thai men to retaliate, which led to the viral confrontation.

Well, these are the same Arabs that that sat in 5-star hotels and watched as an international coalition took back their country for them.

Neglecting those that were captured and the women the Iraqi troops raped, yes maybe some sat and waited outside the country. They didn't get out on the BA flight though as it was left behind at the airport. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They claimed that their actions were motivated by a Facebook post, which urged Pattaya locals to reclaim their honor after the alleged attack on the Thai man.

I'm confused now, was this the same attack or not, whoever posted that on FB should be tracked down for inciting violence. 

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Attacking individuals in a group is a Thai protected tradition. They had to respond to protect this tradition. 

They were combatting cultural appropriation!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Another reason not to live anywhere near Pattaya. That's all I need is to run into a bunch of drunk Kuwaitis speeding around on motorbikes whilst I'm trying to get home from buying some groceries at the local Tesco or Big C. What a S#!t hole. I enjoy some fun now and again and to imagine these idiots have been anywhere in or around a possible fun girl makes me want to puke. I've had the displeasure of speaking with a couple of these types before. Entitled lunk heads. I understand they are "potentially" deporting the offenders. Rather than potentially why not actually deport them. Baffling, but you know what they say. TIT

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Were any of the alleged fifty Kuwaitis who attacked the Thai arrested?

I believe the latest news is they are trying to deport the Kuwaitis, and have also arrested a bunch of the locals.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just wish that the UK would contract out it's Illegal Immigration problem to a few experienced Thai Imigration Officials! Using the same rules, regulations and liviing conditions, especially accommodtion, as they have in the IDC Bangkok! I don't know what living conditions are like in other parts of Thailand, but BKK IDC would be an ideal example to use! It won't ever happen, but still, we can all live in hope ...😎

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

I find the fact in the story that "over 50 Kuwaitis attacked 1 Thai man" a little hard to believe. 

Being whacked on the butt with fifty hand-held open toe leather sandals is no joke!

On 8/6/2024 at 1:50 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Being whacked on the butt with fifty hand-held open toe leather sandals is no joke!

LOL...I'll give you that!

On 8/5/2024 at 10:33 PM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya Police finally managed to round up a group of Thai Bolt drivers who were involved in a massive fight with Kuwaiti tourists on Soi Yensabai earlier this weekend.

On August 5th, 2024, Pol. Col. Nawin Thirawit, Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, along with other officers, apprehended nine Bolt drivers, aged 20-30 years old. They were taken to the Pattaya police station for questioning before being formally charged with assault and property damage.

The arrests followed a clash between Thai men, many of whom were Bolt drivers, and Kuwaiti tourists after an unresolved traffic accident dispute. Reports indicate that over 50 Kuwaiti men attacked a single Thai man, prompting the Thai men to retaliate, which led to the viral confrontation.

The nine suspects, whose names were not disclosed by the police, admitted their involvement in the fight. They claimed that their actions were motivated by a Facebook post, which urged Pattaya locals to reclaim their honor after the alleged attack on the Thai man.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: 77kaoded

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-06

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I remember Thailand, in the early 80's, when visitors were mainly western people from North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa, white people.

The country was calm & nice. But with all these Asians & Africans (blacks) its getting out of hand & becomes risky.

On 8/6/2024 at 10:05 AM, OneManShow said:

Who are these "Kuwaitis tourists" ? Really 🤔

I don't think they are tourists. This is a long story problem that even police failed to solve it by contacting their embassy. 

I believe they are...... it's probably summer break from education over there and July/August are a time of year to run from the heat.