Agent recomendation?

So, I assumed there would be a thread like this, but I did scroll 3 pages of this forum before posting and found nothing.  I'm not very successful using the search feature on this site. 

Sorry if this is redundant.

I'm living here long term on a retirement visa.  For various reasons, I've preferred to use an agent to facilitate my interactions with Thai Visa personnel.  For the past 3 years, I've used a woman who, for 22K baht, has handled my annual renewal and my 90 day check ins.

In this past year, she's become less responsive and sort of sloppy in communication.

So, I'm looking for any recommendations for a replacement.   

Sorry, but this is the only thing I'm looking for.  

please either reply here, or feel free to dm me.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

Oh, sorry, I'm in Phra Khanong now, but this is the same agent I used in Sathorn, so I didn't know location was an issue.  I NEVER go there, she always comes to me, or meets me at the immigration office.

And THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your help with keeping this thread focused... no need at all for advice or opinions.

Thai Visa Centre deals with visas from provincial immigration offices. If you want a visa from Chaeng Wattana, try Thai Visa Expert

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, just to be 100% clear .. you are looking for agent to cover the financial requirements? 

Are your previous stamps issued by CW or elsewhere 

No.  I have over 800K in a thai bank.  I'm just looking for someone to do the paperwork and be my interaction with immigration personnel.  

The agent I use now also handles my 90 day check ins.

all in CW, as I know.

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2024 at 8:44 AM, HermosaBeachGuy said:

So, I assumed there would be a thread like this, but I did scroll 3 pages of this forum before posting and found nothing.  I'm not very successful using the search feature on this site. 

Sorry if this is redundant.

I'm living here long term on a retirement visa.  For various reasons, I've preferred to use an agent to facilitate my interactions with Thai Visa personnel.  For the past 3 years, I've used a woman who, for 22K baht, has handled my annual renewal and my 90 day check ins.

In this past year, she's become less responsive and sort of sloppy in communication.

So, I'm looking for any recommendations for a replacement.   

Sorry, but this is the only thing I'm looking for.  

please either reply here, or feel free to dm me.

thanks

Are you in Bangkok? I use an agent here and have for many years. Find them to be very good. If you want their details can be found at https://www.viswics.com/หน้าแรก/5bd26ebb932e961094deea4d/langEN.

Edited by Photoguy21
Added info
  • Like 1

@HermosaBeachGuy in Bangkok Integrity Legal is good but pricy. I also used PVTS on a different matter, good enough and affordable (for a vanilla visa my guess is 14,000b). Or you can always go to your local immigration office (I suggest you bring a thai female friend who isnt intimidated by thai government workers).  Good luck. 

BTW I grew up in Torrance; my dad drove us down Artesia Blvd and let us out to surf HB 25th St. Lathered up in smelly SPF 8 Coppertone suntan lotion, whose afraid of a little sunburn. Were those the good old days or what.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

fyi, Thai Visa Expert quoted me 29,800 baht for the same service.

Are you sure? That was the quote they gave me for handling everything including the financial requirements. That's expensive but most agents don't deal with Chaeng Wattana.  Maybe they don't do just the walk through though.

Edited by jaywalker2

On 8/7/2024 at 1:35 PM, Tookea said:

@HermosaBeachGuy in Bangkok Integrity Legal is good but pricy. I also used PVTS on a different matter, good enough and affordable (for a vanilla visa my guess is 14,000b). Or you can always go to your local immigration office (I suggest you bring a thai female friend who isnt intimidated by thai government workers).  Good luck. 

BTW I grew up in Torrance; my dad drove us down Artesia Blvd and let us out to surf HB 25th St. Lathered up in smelly SPF 8 Coppertone suntan lotion, whose afraid of a little sunburn. Were those the good old days or what.

I worked in Torrance for a while.. not a bad spot at all.. I played volleyball every Saturday morning at Hermosa in front of Good Stuff for about 25 years.  

Thanks,  I have a lady now.. she's been "pretty good", but a bit less responsive this past year.  That's why I'm looking around.   I don't find the 22K I'm paying to be either excessive or much of a burden, I was just looking around to see if there were better options.

Thanks for your time and response.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Sorry, not sure who  you are referring to by "The agent you used".

if you mean Thai Visa Expert, then I'm even more confused.

4 minutes ago, proton said:

The agent you used quoted me 16k without the funds, that was from a province I do not live in. I was not seriously considering using them. 22k and 28k when you have the funds seem like outrageous prices for just going the paper work

3 minutes ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

Sorry, not sure who  you are referring to by "The agent you used".

if you mean Thai Visa Expert, then I'm even more confused.

Were you dealing with 'Grace' at Thai visa centre?

On 8/6/2024 at 10:08 AM, jaywalker2 said:

In that case, it's hard to justify the 22,000 baht charge. That's more than the fee most agents charge for covering the financial requirements.

Agents in Pattaya charge around 8000 baht if you have the 800000 in the bank.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've paid 25K for an agent in Pattaya for years but suddenly he got brain surgery and became kinda weird.

Also I knew one "religious leader" who paid 500K for an agent to get PR, traveling to CW for a few month to "talk to poo yai" and suddenly she vanished. 

So I made up my mind - I would never put my well being in TH in the hands of sloppy agent. No matter how attractive their offer looks. 

• Agree 2

On 8/6/2024 at 8:51 AM, CharlieH said:

Please do not spin this into "why use an agent" etc.

They have their purpose, leave it at that.

To the OP, you might like to state WHERE you are located.

Well said CharlieH, everybody has their own circumstances, if the member  wants to us an agent it's their choice, no further comment needed from anybody.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

In Pattaya you pay 12,500, with no 800k. 4000 for multi reentry permit. Can DM me for name.

22k with the 800k in the bank sounds completely mad.

The OP is not in Pattaya and did not indicate intention to use Pattaya agent.

What eg Maneerat can do in Pattaya cannot be done in Bangkok 

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is not in Pattaya and did not indicate intention to use Pattaya agent.

What eg Maneerat can do in Pattaya cannot be done in Bangkok 

He asks for visa agent recommendations in Thailand. A bus trip or taxi ride  to Pattaya from Bangkok doesn't cost the earth. Certainly not 10,000 THB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bradiston said:

He asks for visa agent recommendations in Thailand. A bus trip or taxi ride  to Pattaya from Bangkok doesn't cost the earth. Certainly not 10,000 THB.

There are other ramifications.

Some (most) agents in Pattaya send pp up country for stamps.

That can cause issue for eg 90 reports.

Yes sure agent can do that.

Becomes more problematic with things such as pp renewal... certificate of residence, TDL renewal etc etc

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are other ramifications.

Some (most) agents in Pattaya send pp up country for stamps.

That can cause issue for eg 90 reports.

Yes sure agent can do that.

Becomes more problematic with things such as pp renewal... certificate of residence, TDL renewal etc etc

I think you're making it seem complicated. I renewed my 12 month extension a week ago. 10 minutes in her shop (ok, I was lucky), 5 minutes in the bank (ditto), 5 minutes in Soi 5 (shouldn't have to wait). Altogether less than an hour (I like to "nang len" ie sit around and chat). No queuing at IO. Just a photo. Straight in and out. Up to 3 months before renewal date. New one commences on date of expiry of current one.

90 days can do online. Sure, the other stuff's a PITA, as you say for TDL renewal, but they don't offer that service, though it is available in Pattaya (sorry, going off topic).

Anyway, everyone's MWV (mileage will vary).

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

90 days can do online. Sure, the other stuff's a PITA, as you say for TDL renewal, but they don't offer that service, though it is available in Pattaya (sorry, going off topic).

Think you missed my point.

There are other considerations than just the annual 12 month extensions.

The OP lives in Bangkok and if uses an agent in Pattaya the stamps will be from another province.

This can cause some issues with things such as stamp transfers to new pp, certificate of residence for things such as TDL, 90 day reports etc etc.

Perhaps you live in Pattaya.

Where are your stamps issued. If Pattaya then you don't have these issues..

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you missed my point.

There are other considerations than just the annual 12 month extensions.

The OP lives in Bangkok and if uses an agent in Pattaya the stamps will be from another province.

This can cause some issues with things such as stamp transfers to new pp, certificate of residence for things such as TDL, 90 day reports etc etc.

Perhaps you live in Pattaya.

Where are your stamps issued. If Pattaya then you don't have these issues..

So let him move to Pattaya! Only kidding. But if he's looking for easy visa....

Edited by bradiston

We all know that the price of 22k baht paid by the OP is high but the agent is going far and beyond..... 

'I didn't know location was an issue.  I NEVER go there, she always comes to me, or meets me at the immigration office' 

Not too many agents will come to you, so I reckon the 22k is on the money. 

You are paying for the convenience, some people have difficulty in travelling, mobility is an issue, so having an agent come to you is going to cost more. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

We all know that the price of 22k baht paid by the OP is high but the agent is going far and beyond..... 

'I didn't know location was an issue.  I NEVER go there, she always comes to me, or meets me at the immigration office' 

Not too many agents will come to you, so I reckon the 22k is on the money. 

You are paying for the convenience, some people have difficulty in travelling, mobility is an issue, so having an agent come to you is going to cost more. 

10k more? Somebody's 'avin' a laugh!