British Man, 27, Vanishes in Thailand Before Flight Home

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

From the article:

” Simon was due to land in Helsinki to board a connecting flight which would have taken him home to the UK but he reportedly never caught the second plane and hasn't been seen since. “

He reportedly never caught the first plane initially !!

Has anyone checked his bedroom ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Also the vast majority of foreigners in Thailand and all Thai people use centimeters.

Go to Global House or Home pro where you can buy 1 metre of 3x4 timber

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The bigger mystery IMO, is that he had brought the date of his return flight forward by 8 days.

Why would he decide to do that if he had found someone to cozy up with? I've have thought extending his stay would be more appropriate.

Agreed. Isn't it more likely he did this to run away from whoever or whatever he found himself caught up with?

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

When a phone company is asked to trace the movements of a mobile, they do by checking to see which phone masts it was in contact with. That's calling 'pinging' and owner of the phone cannot detect that 'pinging', only the phone company can do that.

Bottom line, what are you talking about when you say 'my phone pings every day?'

Jesus wept, it's a figure of speech. I live near the airport so if the phone company checks it then it would ping my location near the airport every day, it doesn't mean I am at the airport or going to the airport.

Any more silly questions?

• Sad 1

has he even left Thailand ...  was he suppose to board the Helsinki flight but didn't ....  is he in Soi Cowboy  

There are many questions that remain a mystery ... 

we need answers ... 

1 hour ago, kingkenny said:

Jesus wept, it's a figure of speech. I live near the airport so if the phone company checks it then it would ping my location near the airport every day, it doesn't mean I am at the airport or going to the airport.

Any more silly questions?

My apologies if my response to your earlier post confused you. It was your reference to the 'many hotels all around here' that confused me. And it still does.

On 8/6/2024 at 10:08 AM, steven100 said:

"  a trace of Simon's mobile phone signal confirmed he was in Bangkok just five minutes before he was expected to reach the airport. However, the signal either ceased or was deliberately turned off at that critical moment  "  

Every time I read about this guy, I think of the poster, here, on TV.

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Every time I read about this guy, I think of the poster, here, on TV.

The most important thing I learned from this story is that the real Boston is in Lincolnshire.

But the remaining mystery is  - where the fųck is Lincolnshire? Is it near Kennedyshire?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My apologies if my response to your earlier post confused you. It was your reference to the 'many hotels all around here' that confused me. And it still does.

Is there an adult with you who can explain it to you? 

Let me try and explain it like I just explained it to my 9 year old, he understands it. It is in relation to his phone pinging near the airport, and the assumption that this would mean he is on his way to the airport. my response was to say it doesn't necessarily mean he is on his way to the airport, he could be in one of the many hotels near the airport, I highlighted this by saying as I live near the airport my phone would also be pinged many times a day near the airport, that does not mean I am going to the airport. There you go, explained in the way even a 9 year old could understand, although he also understood my initial post. It's strange that you're the only one that didn't understand it.

😏

•  
  •  
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Is there an adult with you who can explain it to you? 

Let me try and explain it like I just explained it to my 9 year old, he understands it. It is in relation to his phone pinging near the airport, and the assumption that this would mean he is on his way to the airport. my response was to say it doesn't necessarily mean he is on his way to the airport, he could be in one of the many hotels near the airport, I highlighted this by saying as I live near the airport my phone would also be pinged many times a day near the airport, that does not mean I am going to the airport. There you go, explained in the way even a 9 year old could understand, although he also understood my initial post. It's strange that you're the only one that didn't understand it.

😏

•  
  •  

When a phone is static it will 'ping' on just one mast, usually the nearest. When a phone moving it will 'ping' on a number of masts in succession, thus indicating is direction of movement, a tracking technique that often used in crime detection work. The phone company would therefor have been able to report that Simon's phone wasn't just 'near' the airport. They would know whether it travelled to the airport at that time.

It would be one of the first things that any investigator would want to know. "Where was he and what were his last known movements'.

• Like 1

No flight information disclosed but unlikely a nonstop flight to Finland regardless of airlines out of Bangkok. That means a transit point or two, possible change of airlines and different destination than Finland.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

No flight information disclosed but unlikely a nonstop flight to Finland regardless of airlines out of Bangkok. That means a transit point or two, possible change of airlines and different destination than Finland.

From the other thread:

” Essential information came from an alleged Thai immigration officer stating Simon was on Finnair flight AY142, bound from Bangkok to Helsinki. “

A non-stop flight used by many Farang, he likely was planning to then go on to Manchester or Heathrow.

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Go to Global House or Home pro where you can buy 1 metre of 3x4 timber

"Also the vast majority of foreigners in Thailand and all Thai people use centimeters." 

now add your 4 friends laughing 😆 emojis ( again) 

You call it timber? Why yah buying Sequoias in Thailand? 

Edited by alex8912
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

"Also the vast majority of foreigners in Thailand and all Thai people use centimeters." 

now add your 4 friends laughing 😆 emojis ( again) 

You call it timber? Why yah buying Sequoias in Thailand? 

In English, timber is the word for any processed wood, and the word used as a tree is felled.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

When a phone is static it will 'ping' on just one mast, usually the nearest. When a phone moving it will 'ping' on a number of masts in succession, thus indicating is direction of movement, a tracking technique that often used in crime detection work. The phone company would therefor have been able to report that Simon's phone wasn't just 'near' the airport. They would know whether it travelled to the airport at that time.

It would be one of the first things that any investigator would want to know. "Where was he and what were his last known movements'.

You could talk a glass eye asleep.

Since his flight came from outside the Schengen area Finnish authorities will know 100% whether he entered the country or not. No way to sneak into country without going thru passport check. My gut feeling is that he did not board the flight despite the new information and he is still in Thailand. AY142 is a non-stop flight Bangkok-Helsinki so he couldn't have vanished during a layover either.

• Agree 1

On 8/7/2024 at 7:07 AM, george said:

Update:

Surely the embassies in UK , Bangkok and Helsinki can come up with some info ?
is there some law that prohibits searching an adult’s whereabouts ??  Is it legally too early to search ?

23 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Awful to say, but 'hopefully' he's just hooked up with some Thai 'honey', obviously isn't going  to share that with the girlfriend  or his parents back hone!

Nope, as it says in the recent headline above, he boarded a flight to Helsinki.