Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?

Social Media

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s one small detail worth a mention.

Nikki Haley withdrew from the GOP race, but nevertheless continued to poll almost a third of the vote in successive primaries as a ‘write-in’.

Trump is toast.

The type you hold over the kitchen sink and ponder....... is it really worth trying to scrape it...?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Anyone is welcome to post, even you. 

The National Guard has debunked the stories about false rank and bailing on deployment.

Trump is still a convicyed criminal.

Please provide a source. I would be willing to retract my criticism if you can provide a link that supports your claim that the National Guard "debunked" the issue of Walz's rank. Because from what I can tell from this Newsweek story of 12 hours ago, the National Guard says just the opposite of what you claim.

The Minnesota National Guard is disputing Governor Tim Walz's military biography, saying that the Democratic vice presidential candidate did not hold the rank of command sergeant major at the time of his retirement.

Army Lieutenant Colonel Kristen Augé, the state public affairs officer for Minnesota National Guard, told Just the News on Wednesday that the governor did not retire as "Command Sergeant Major Walz" in 2005, as stated on Minnesota's official website, but as master sergeant "because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy." A soldier who does not complete the requisite coursework is automatically demoted, according to Army regulations.

https://www.newsweek.com/national-guard-disputes-tim-walzs-military-biography-1936038

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just like your hero Biden.

1. Student Deferments: While attending college at the University of Delaware and later law school at Syracuse University, Biden received multiple student deferments, which was a common practice for students at that time.

2. Medical Deferment: After completing his education, Biden received a medical deferment due to asthma, which was documented in his medical history. This medical deferment ultimately made him ineligible for military service.

Biden’s draft history has been publicly documented, and there have been no significant allegations or accusations against him specifically for dodging the draft through illegal means or deceit. His deferments and medical exemptions were within the legal framework provided by the Selective Service System at the time.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I guess that's another deflection/evasion.

I am not questioning your right to criticize. I am questioning the foundation you have laid for it.

I do admire and respect people who serve in the military. Perhaps you should too.

I don't know what relevance your last sentence has, except as a non-sequitur.

You charged me with "possible defamation." Of what or whom, I just can't tell. But certainly you realize that defamation in Thailand is criminal offense. I have no idea whether you thought I defamed Walz, you, or the military. Taken from the standpoint of the US, where this story originates, however, it is virtually impossible to defame politicians. That's part of being a public figure.

• Like 1

If he's so great, why didn't he rise above Sergeant? Do you want an NCO as VP? That's very odd.

Apart from that, the Sergeant did nothing to help Minnesota in the riots. I have no idea if he's a good man or not—hopefully, he's okay, but he's as woke as hell.  Enjoy the honeymoon - it won't last long.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Please provide a source. I would be willing to retract my criticism if you can provide a link that supports your claim that the National Guard "debunked" the issue of Walz's rank. Because from what I can tell from this Newsweek story of 12 hours ago, the National Guard says just the opposite of what you claim.

Apparently Newsweek has not employed fact checkers since 1996. On record as multiple reporting errors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsweek#Factual_errors

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

If he's so great, why didn't he rise above Sergeant? Do you want an NCO as VP? That's very odd.

Apart from that, the Sergeant did nothing to help Minnesota in the riots. I have no idea if he's a good man or not—hopefully, he's okay, but he's as woke as hell.  Enjoy the honeymoon - it won't last long.

Opinions differ:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/despite-new-criticism-trump-told-walz-2020-happy/story?id=112616502

• Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

At least Trump doesn't need a teleprompter to know what to say, and he can speak in complete sentences. He doesn't talk to dead people or shower with his daughter, or sniff the hair of little girls either.

5555......'he can speak in complete sentences'....you finger must have hovered over delete when you typed that.

5555.....doesn't talk to the dead.....imagine being so deranged to talk about Hannibal Lector like a real person?

....and sorry to disappoint, but Biden is no hero of mine.....say what you like about him.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You charged me with "possible defamation." Of what or whom, I just can't tell. But certainly you realize that defamation in Thailand is criminal offense. I have no idea whether you thought I defamed Walz, you, or the military. Taken from the standpoint of the US, where this story originates, however, it is virtually impossible to defame politicians. That's part of being a public figure.

The defamation statement was aimed at the two sergeants, not you.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

You apparently never served if you have that quaint idea. There is no career progression from sgt to an officer. To become an officer one has to pass the officer selection course, unless a battlefield commission.

BTW, sergeants ( or equivalent ) run the military despite officers being under the illusion that they do. A good sgt would make a fine administrator, with the advantage that they don't think being an officer makes them special.

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

To stop beating a dead horse. 

Walz , served his country honorably for 22 years, he left the military  in 2005  and run for congress   by ousting a Republican incumbent in a heavily rural district in 2006. He again honorably served his country in the house of representatives until 2019 when he was elected Governor of Minnesota by a landslide , he was reelected to second term again by a wide margin , and in 88 days  he will be the Vice president of the United States. 

but he's still woke.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You apparently never served if you have that quaint idea. There is no career progression from sgt to an officer. To become an officer one has to pass the officer selection course, unless a battlefield commission.

BTW, sergeants ( or equivalent ) run the military despite officers being under the illusion that they do. A good sgt would make a fine administrator, with the advantage that they don't think being an officer makes them special.

You miss the point - surprising for you, so I'm guessing you were an NCO or someone in your family was

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

This is what the Dems are saying now about everything Republican. They could not find anything meaningful to express themselves with so Harris began calling all Republicans WEIRD. Just shows that Harris really has no idea about how to speak meaningful things the public want to hear concerning being the next President. Anything she does not agree with becomes weird to her. 

That's a weird comment! 😀

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Still dodged the draft. Student deferment :whistling:

Draft Dodger:   A person who illicitly seeks to avoid compulsory military service.

Defines Trump and his 'fighting spurs' to a T

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1