Hua Hin hotel recommendations

Hi All,

I'm thinking of visiting Hua Hin next week  and could use your advice. I'm looking for a hotel with safe parking for my motorbike and that's within easy walking distance (a couple of minutes) of Soi Bintabaht. Also, I'm curious about the best bars and restaurants to check out. It's been 15 years since my last visit, so I'm completely out of the loop! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

We stayed at the Fresh Inn....nothing fancy, being a cheap charlie, but would book it again. 

Just round the corner from Soi Bintabaht

Thx  for your answer :- does it have safe off street parking for my motorbike 

1 minute ago, banglay said:

Thx  for your answer :- does it have safe off street parking for my motorbike 

Yes....it locks as well....little patch of land at the back of the hotel. Tight for cars, but perfect for a bike.

Just to say nothing fancy, but excellent location. Walk to the beach, nice little street front dining area.

I liked it.....for what it was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes....it locks as well....little patch of land at the back of the hotel. Tight for cars, but perfect for a bike.

Just to say nothing fancy, but excellent location. Walk to the beach, nice little street front dining area.

I liked it.....for what it was.

you must bee a rich cheap Charlie ,price on Agodo B1683 ....most cheap Charlie's I know would sh*t there pants at that price lol  but looking ok 2 me3

Edited by banglay
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, banglay said:

Hi All,

I'm thinking of visiting Hua Hin next week  and could use your advice. I'm looking for a hotel with safe parking for my motorbike and that's within easy walking distance (a couple of minutes) of Soi Bintabaht. Also, I'm curious about the best bars and restaurants to check out. It's been 15 years since my last visit, so I'm completely out of the loop! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

I always liked the breakfast in Murphy's Irish Pub, and then we used to drink all afternoon at a restaurant on the pier near Murphy's Irish bar.

This photo of the (Sea Side) restaurant overlooking a small fishing harbour (just around the corner of the beach from the Hilton).

Evenings were spent at BintaBaht for the early happy hours, then a walk to the many small bars in Soi 80.

IMG_20180317_090624 (1).jpg

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, banglay said:

you must bee a rich cheap Charlie ,price on Agodo B1683 ....most cheap Charlie's I know would sh*t there pants at that price lol  but looking ok 2 me3

We usually stay at the JW Marriott soi 2 in Bangkok.........so the Fresh Hotel was a welcome break for my wallet...5555

• Haha 1

Sleepy Hua Hin is far to overpriced, often more expensive then Bangkok and the falang is mainly seen as the Golden Goose. The friendly and quality Thailand would be more upwards to the North part of the country, IMHO.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I have stayed at five hotels in Hua Hin. The Sofitel (now the Centara), the Hilton, the Dusit, and two cheapie places. All seemed safe and were okay. The Centara would be my first choice, but's it's a bit pricey. 

6 hours ago, banglay said:

I'm thinking of visiting Hua Hin next week  and could use your advice. I'm looking for a hotel with safe parking for my motorbike and that's within easy walking distance (a couple of minutes) of Soi Bintabaht.

OP, do you have a desired general range of price per night you're looking for? That would help narrow the options some.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sirin hotel / Parking in the front of the reception / 50m from Irish Pub and Soi Binthabat / 75m from the beach

Cheap / Nice room /  Nice service / Small pool / Choose balcony over the pool better

No Lift / Breakfast so so but I don't care, I take the Irish ABF outside.

Price around 1,000 / sometimes cheaper to call them then websites.

Phil.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, khunphil said:

Sirin hotel / Parking in the front of the reception / 50m from Irish Pub and Soi Binthabat / 75m from the beach

Cheap / Nice room /  Nice service / Small pool / Choose balcony over the pool better

No Lift / Breakfast so so but I don't care, I take the Irish ABF outside.

Price around 1,000 / sometimes cheaper to call them then websites.

Phil.

Cheers Phil ... I think this place will suit my needs  🙂

On 8/8/2024 at 3:12 PM, BritManToo said:

I always liked the breakfast in Murphy's Irish Pub, and then we used to drink all afternoon at a restaurant on the pier near Murphy's Irish bar.

This photo of the (Sea Side) restaurant overlooking a small fishing harbour (just around the corner of the beach from the Hilton).

Evenings were spent at BintaBaht for the early happy hours, then a walk to the many small bars in Soi 80.

IMG_20180317_090624 (1).jpg

A bit off topic. I stayed in guesthouses in this area many years ago.  The strange thing was that the toilet flushed directly into the sea. Still the same?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gecko said:

A bit off topic. I stayed in guesthouses in this area many years ago.  The strange thing was that the toilet flushed directly into the sea. Still the same?

Same as in the UK.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gecko said:

As opposed to indirectly into the sea? 

• Agree 1

On 8/11/2024 at 10:09 AM, Yellowtail said:

As opposed to indirectly into the sea? 

Yep, but at the guesthouse it's more obvious. And it's not that far to the Hilton.