Magnetic charger for Acer Aspire 5 laptop

sirineou

This is not the first time I had this issue with a laptop, but the charger  port is starting to feel a bit lose. 

I have seen these magnetic charging ports for mobile phones an such. where you don't have to pull the plug out every time,  and I was wondering if there is such a thing for a laptop, with those round charging ports. I did a search on lazada and Shoppe, but I am not sure if i was using the wrong search term. 

would I be better off using a USB charger? and if so which kind?

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you :smile:

I use the magnetic charging thingies on ALL my phones and anything which needs charging via USB. I have different adapters to put in whatever the device needs. Works perfectly. One cable next to bed, one in lounge, one in office, one in car. No good for data transfer, but you do not need that for simply charging. Unfortunately, my Acer laptop has a cylindrical power input so cannot try it on that.

But the output voltage from the Acer çharger is 15 volts, USB is only 5, so sorry , it would not work

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 2

Same. 

Use for all things normally charged by USB cable. 

Never seen one for a laptop (different voltage, probably much higher amperage than magnetic connections can supply).

• Like 1

A laptop mostly have power connection of 19 volts. SO you are stuck with that. It is  a bus/pin connector.

You could have a tiny extension cord, one time connection im chargeport (leave it there) and de- ,connect on powersupply cord.

Like this

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.juMdJvZtCX8W6eNRgEgKtAHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=d5e78f16c0498b80cb335440d4c1a0fd81ecd9e64586e2d6ad7e0ab81e129f34&ipo=images

Then you only use the wire and not on charge, power inlet laptop.

As that bus is soldered on board and due to many times in and out starts to get space until connection on board is broken.  With this extra cord, your port is not every time stressed, but the little wire. you just can leave it all time in the charge port. OK you have that little wire always hanging on laptop and need to take care it will not hang to something. Maybe a little tape to put it on frame.

Of course the connection busses need to have the same measurements, as there are also adapters going to smaller.

A "laptop"in the way of a tablet is charged by 5 Volt USB and then you could use those magnetic attached charger cable. 

On 8/10/2024 at 4:28 AM, trevor67 said:

Any recommendations for buying one of these magnetic chargers for my android phone. Lazada or Shopee would be great, please and thanks.

This one was recommended to me recently although I have not yet purchased it.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i2200936232-s7390568487.html

Chose the micro-usb, Type C etc for your device.

5 hours ago, trevor67 said:

Thanks, but I don't see the charger?

The topic is magnetic charging ports.  You use them with your existing charger to prevent wear and tear on the charging connector in your phone.  From your previous post which I quoted and replied to, you may not have picked up on the nuance.

On 8/10/2024 at 6:57 AM, CanadaSam said:

Same. 

Use for all things normally charged by USB cable. 

Never seen one for a laptop (different voltage, probably much higher amperage than magnetic connections can supply).

Amperage = Current in English.

• Thumbs Up 1