DTV after non-O marriage visa.

Hi everyone. I used to have a Non-O based on marriage and stayed in Thailand for seven years. I went back to England last year for personal reasons and have been here (England) for over a year now. My Non-O expired a couple of months ago and I havent been back to Thailand. Now I have a DTV because I plan to go to Thailand, be with my wife, and work online. I'm just wondering what people think about getting questions at immigration regarding having a DTV instead of a Non-O. I understand that it might all depend on the kind of immigration officer I encounter. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or any advice regarding this issue if I get questions about having changed it?

You have a visa to enter Thailand.

Don't understand your concerns.

BTW : If you start a thread with your personal experience of obtaining the DTV in UK that would be very helpful. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You have a visa to enter Thailand.

Don't understand your concerns.

Hi my friend, it's because that's what I do. That is my personality because I want this to really work. I've got a lot riding on it and I find it very stressful. I don't know what more I can say. I've also read a few things like maybe it's not going to look good if you've got a DTV with a long history of... non-O stamps. But like I said, I just don't know. So I just thought I'd post here to see if anybody's got anything to say about it. And yes, I can make a post about my DTV application.

They most likely won't say a single thing to you about being on a DTV now

I mean worst case you tell the truth you went back to the UK for an emergency and you got the DTV instead of a Non-O

Come on in and enjoy the 5 year visa 👍

• Love It 1

16 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

They most likely won't say a single thing to you about being on a DTV now

I mean worst case you tell the truth you went back to the UK for an emergency and you got the DTV instead of a Non-O

Come on in and enjoy the 5 year visa 👍

What about getting a DTV from a neighboring country after being several years on Non-O marriage extensions, will it raise issues?

I agree that it shouldn't be a problem because you obviously met the qualifications and requirements of the DTV and therefore it was issued by an immigration officer in your country.  Enjoy the new visa!

• Love It 1