AIS SIM is eating up all the money you top up

Do you receive random SMS messages ?  A few years ago I had a similar problem, and it turned out that I was paying to receive SMS messages !   I had to go on the AIS site and request to stop receiving the messages. That worked.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

It's a standard AIS SIM card that you can top up with money, but all the money disappears very quickly without making calls or sending SMS. I don't think it's the internet (mobile data) since the icon is inactive.

Is there any way to find out what the money is being spent on?

Tap in *129*1# and then hit the Dial key. That will ensure that you cannot be charged for mobile data, lest you have made a mistake somewhere along the way.

To switch mobile data back on *129*2# and then the Dial key.

Installing the AIS application on your smartphone will enable you to check what you have used....or simply call the call centre via 1175.

By going to the App, I found that I must Top Up every month, only Bht 20 to keep the number valid, even if you have a few hundred Baht already in it. Crazy eh?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

By going to the App, I found that I must Top Up every month, only Bht 20 to keep the number valid, even if you have a few hundred Baht already in it. Crazy eh?

For 20 Bht you get 1 month. But the 20 Bht is credited to your account. Thats how I keep the SIM alive when I am away from TH and use the credit when I come. You lose nothing. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

When i top up say 500 baht i get a lot longer validity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

I think so.

I don't think so as I topped up 200 in June, and got a message to do again on 23rd July, still 178 left, but only valid to 23rd August. 

• Agree 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

No you don't. Must be one every month. See NowNow's reply.

Some old DTAC(HAPPY) plans would give you a year per top up. In the past One2Call(AIS) would give varying amounts according to the amount of the top up. Possibly not many of those in existence now. Most will be 30 days per top up, regardless of the amount.

I would use the Boontherm devices outside 7/11 if I didn't want to keep much of a balance, as you can do 10 baht top ups. But you have to pay a 2 to 3 baht fee per top up.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I just checked my phone,my balance of 154 baht is valid until 05-05-25.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I just pay 1800 or suchlike once a year to AIS. 70 gigs of data per month and a phone number for my bank. See you next year.

Which AIS SIM is that on please? I have with DTAC at the moment but need renewing soon. Thanks.

2 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

don't think it's the internet (mobile data) since the icon is inactive

You should go into your settings and make sure it's turned off. 

Don't rely on icons 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, jvs said:

I just checked my phone,my balance of 154 baht is valid until 05-05-25.

Could be due to you building it up over time. When did you last top up? One the 6th of May?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

That's not what I meant. You don't have to do it every month. You can just do 12 x 20 baht top ups back to back until you have 365 days in advance. If you did that today, your SIM would be 'valid' until 11/08/25. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Which AIS SIM is that on please? I have with DTAC at the moment but need renewing soon. Thanks.

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:

link?

Geez dudes, do like I do and walk over to AIS. I use the one in the EmQuartier up near the Banks.

OK, Ill be helpful, I had to reset my AIS app anyway, I have "net marathon" 1590 baht valid 12 months

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Could be due to you building it up over time. When did you last top up? One the 6th of May?

I topped up just two weeks ago,200 baht.

3 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

It's a standard AIS SIM card that you can top up with money, but all the money disappears very quickly without making calls or sending SMS. I don't think it's the internet (mobile data) since the icon is inactive.

AIS app. Why didn't you download it from the get-go?

34 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Geez dudes, do like I do and walk over to AIS. I use the one in the EmQuartier up near the Banks.

OK, Ill be helpful, I had to reset my AIS app anyway, I have "net marathon" 1590 baht valid 12 months

Sounds like an old package. back when it was a 10Mbps product. It's been a while since it was 1490/1590 baht. For new customers it's 2200 baht and you get 50GB compared to your at least 100GB. Nor any call package.

4 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Yes, call AIS and ask them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

It is not the phone credit that keeps the card valid, it is the expiry date and it is not necessary to top up every month, unless the validity expires at the end of that month.  Top up with B20, twelve times, and you won't have to top up again for twelve months.  Easy, eh?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1