Thing I can't live without

Celsius

Freedom & independence ... hate being dependent or relying on anybody, thing, govt, company, anything.

Not a big fan of schedules, having to do or be anywhere at any special time, including routines.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Celsius said:

When I went back to Canada with wifey this February I realized how much I miss bathtub in a condo. So I told wifey the only way I'm coming back to this third world chithole is if she gets me a bathtub condo.

So, why is there now no bathtub in your condominium? Did she buy or rent it before you met her?

Otherwise, you could have made sure you have a bathtub before you rented it or bought it.

I have a wonderful bathtub in my condo. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

Bathtubs and clothes dryers and electric dish washers hiders.

We built our 2-storey house during 2016, moved in March 2017.

We have an oven. Never used, not once. We cook (mostly me) on the oven top.

We have an electric dishwasher. Never used, not once. B/f washes, I dry. Takes 10 minutes a day at most.

What can't I do without? My b/f and my library.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, impulse said:

Bathtubs and clothes dryers and electric dish washers hiders.

3 things I don't miss at all from back home.

What I do miss (occasionally) an oven.

Bought a propane oven here and use it weekly. Brought a clothes dryer here and they couldn't wire it to work. Dishwashers also I miss. gets dishes clean and easy. No hot water here either in the kitchen. Many food items but I'll be bringing them back when I visit this Fall. Lived without them but wish I had them.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

When I went back to Canada with wifey this February I realized how much I miss bathtub in a condo. So I told wifey the only way I'm coming back to this third world chithole is if she gets me a bathtub condo.

Now I use it every day, mostly while posting on asean now!

What do you miss?

IMG_20240813_163116_949.jpg

You need waxing!

Got a bath tub on my balcony in Isaan, and a well equipped gym in a air-conditioned room.

Fresh food and fresh air would be my top two

Further down on the list a good bottle of wine

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Used my air fryer for pork tenderloins tonight.  Hot & fast, since little fat, and no need to slow cook.  Came out perfect, and for those with limited space or budget, a small footprint on counter & wallet :coffee1:

Yeah i find it useful, not so much the slow cooker, bit of a one trick pony

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Used my air fryer for pork tenderloins tonight.  Hot & fast, since little fat, and no need to slow cook.  Came out perfect, and for those with limited space or budget, a small footprint on counter & wallet 

But can you cook a pizza in it?  I miss a good frozen pizza, doctored up the way I like them.  I see them in the import sections of some Bangkok grocery stores.

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's wrong with an air fryer? certainly more usable than my UK oven

Do you mean one of those halogen bulb/glass things, or the expensive ones advertised on TV and cooking programmes so much these days please?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Dishwashers also I miss. gets dishes clean and easy.

Green dishwashers are different now in the US.  They take over twice as long, and don't even get the dishes clean, and that's after scraping them clean before putting them in.  But I guess they use less water per cycle.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Now I use it every day, mostly while posting on asean now!

What do you miss?

IMG_20240813_163116_949.jpg

Who forced you to come to the third world chithole? Or under what circumstances? Cheaper?

Why don't you stay put in your first world? The third world will be that much better, then.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

But can you cook a pizza in it?  I miss a good frozen pizza, doctored up the way I like them.  I see them in the import sections of some Bangkok grocery stores.

Get a halogen oven. I used to cook pizza all the time in mine (from scratch). Top temp is 250C but that was enough for me

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah i find it useful, not so much the slow cooker, bit of a one trick pony

You or the slow cooker?

I use mine nearly every day. You can make soups, casseroles, stews(made a Greek stew with, chicken, dried tomatoes, Feta cheese, bell peppers and Kalamata olives etc) curries(Indian, Thai, Malaysian..)...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, impulse said:

I would say yes, but best to get one with an extension ring, taking the heat source further away. That will help to stop the top from burning whilst the underside remains soggy.

Have two baths in my house.

Use the one in the ensuite when I first moved in.... never since.

Dust and hair magnets that look rank if not cleaned often.

Nothing I miss from home that would go in the "i can't live without category", really miss euro V8 sedans... but have substitutes in the garage.

19 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I would say yes, but best to get one with an extension ring, taking the heat source further away. That will help to stop the top from burning whilst the underside remains soggy.

Or crisp the bottom up an a griddle/fry pan, then transfer to finish the top in the air fryer.   Actually what I do when making pizza, but in the oven, as air fryer is really too small for my pizzas.

Although ... have made pizza 'rolls or bread' in the air fryer, and a lot easier and tasty also.

image.png.77835b5b03fbcd0a9d2d7c708dfce771.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1