Bob's Big Boy at MBK

Agreed. Call in half a letter grade better than McD, on par with Burger King. Used to be one across Suk Nana Plaza.

But MBK has the world famous food court on the top floor and Hua Seng Hong Chinese where they employ a very liberal hand with their crab-fried rice. 

What kind of person orders a Green Curry at Bob's Big Boy? I believe the word is 'girlfriend'.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

.....Actually, the place on Suk across from Nana is/was a Carl Jr. About the same.

Most fast food burgers are close to interchangeable. I rate Burger King slightly for the marginal charcoal taste.

It's the sides where they differentiate. Like he said, BBB has better than average fries.

It's madness to say, "I don't like X" in a thread about X. I don't like sports, but I feel no need to go into that board branch and tell people not to like a thing they clearly do.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

.....Actually, the place on Suk across from Nana is/was a Carl Jr. About the same.

That's a Burger King now, but it may have been a Carl's.

I think there used to be a Carl's on the ground floor of Holiday Inn Soi 22 as well. 

Most fast food burgers are close to interchangeable. I rate Burger King slightly for the marginal charcoal taste.

I liked Carl's better than Burger King, and BK better than McD's. 

It's the sides where they differentiate. Like he said, BBB has better than average fries.

It's madness to say, "I don't like X" in a thread about X. I don't like sports, but I feel no need to go into that board branch and tell people not to like a thing they clearly do.

They are all a bit different.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

All those burgers look like a heart attack in waiting.

One every couple of weeks is not going to make any difference, if you enjoy one. 

• Agree 1

Would you go out of your way to go to a specific fast food burger place?

Me, no. I prob eat about half of my dozen or so a year at an airport. Whichever one is closer to my gate.

In Chiang Mai, only McD is 24 hours. So I might get 2 of the dozen delivered at 5 AM.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Got a free airport voucher for a late flight and tried Burger King which in Australia is called Hungry Jacks. God it was bad. Salty tasteless muck. Hope Brazil was fun. Food should be interesting there. 

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Got a free airport voucher for a late flight and tried Burger King which in Australia is called Hungry Jacks. God it was bad. Salty tasteless muck. Hope Brazil was fun. Food should be interesting there. 

You'd best stick to seven

There were a few big bobs back in the 70’s and went out of business in the mid 80’s in the state that I lived in during that period, probably only chomped on a couple of those if memory serves me right, though I do remember that I wasn’t impressed.

44 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's a Burger King now, but it may have been a Carl's.

Before Covid, there was a Burger King and a Carl's Jr within 50' of each other there.

I used to stop at BK, then Carl's Jr after my appointments at Bumrungrad, breaking the fast after drawing blood.  I preferred Carl's Jr and was sad to see it missing there, on Silom and at the Davis Hotel.  Though I did get one rotten burger at the Silom shop.  The meat had obviously gone off.  But one bad experience in dozens of burgers was offset by good burgers, fries and brewed ice tea with refills and lemon wedges on the side.

Edited by impulse

On 8/21/2024 at 3:39 AM, Yellowtail said:

Since when? 

Obviously, you have no clue.  I walk past there every day.

SInce they moved in a short time ago and took over the Carls Jr..  Burger King has always been next door.

20240825_090729.jpg

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Obviously, you have no clue.  I walk past there every day.

SInce they moved in a short time ago and took over the Carls Jr..  Burger King has always been next door.

20240825_090729.jpg

Obviously.

How would you rate Prime Burger?  

One of the worst changes over the past 30 years in Thailand has been the importing of these western food outlets, burgers, pizzas, fried chicken, ice cream, doughnuts etc etc, almost all of it unhealthy junk food resulting in higher levels obesity and diabetes. Even street food rubbish is better.

Edited by proton
  • Sad 2