Do you hold hands with your paid companion?

On 8/21/2024 at 10:31 AM, gargamon said:

In most cases he's holding on to her so she doesn't run away.

Most of these guys with their paid companions are overweight with fat bellies so would be incapable of chasing anybody who ran away.

4 hours ago, Presnock said:

Actually, having been married to an American woman who passed away from illness and then married a Thai, both now of about 20 years and living within different societies, I notice that both are exactly the same!  My American wife was just a few years younger but never worked really after we were married until just before her death as child was grown and gone so she wanted something else to keep her busy...same as with current wife who is much younger but did work as the owner of a restaurant and chef there but only for a couple of years.  Both wives treated me the same and do hope it was out of love, and not just for sustanance.  Living in many different countries with one wife and then in this country with my current one seems that society is pretty much the same among westerners and Thailand in married life.  I am not sure how others get along with their spouses but both worlds to me are so similar it is difficult to separate one from the other in getting along in life.  As a couple, in both marriages, the same problems and the same satisfaction to  those problems existed.   Women and men I tend to think are pretty much the same around the world.  Different religions I do realize also make some differences

in the interactions among any couple especially of a westerner to a Muslim or to an Asian but basically my life has been

fairly easy to be happy and hope that my wives felt or feel the same.   I sometimes wonder though why so many think that we are all so different with foreign born wives?  Guess it comes down to choosing one and why we did so.  Only hope all are as happy as me.

The difference for me was that my Thai wife was far more involved with her family than my western partner.

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Three replies disagreeing with me - seems I am in the minority then. Still I think hand holding for adults is just weird. Hand holding your kids - absolutely! Teenagers holding hands, yes! But adults? Nah, cringe cringe.

The occasional arm over the shoulder is fine, the occasional arm locking, fine. Hand holding, no no no.

Just personal opinion, no right or wrong, I just don't like it.

Normal to hold hands. 

20 minutes ago, n00dle said:

its pretty obvious you are a reformed fat fok with a fitness obsession. 

Never had a weight or fitness problem in my life. Probably unlike you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

Never had a weight or fitness problem in my life. Probably unlike you.

so you are just a bigot when it comes to the large among us. gotcha.

I have never been over 69 kilos in my life lil buckaroo,  Currently hover around 64-65, just like in my teens

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

I have never been over 69 kilos in my life lil buckaroo,  Currently hover around 64-65, just like in my teens

64-65 Kilos? You must be a wee guy then. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The difference for me was that my Thai wife was far more involved with her family than my western partner.

Not so with me - actually my western wife was more involved with her family than my Thai wife who wanted to move away from all relatives after we were married so that they would not interfere in our lives.

On 8/21/2024 at 10:31 AM, gargamon said:

In most cases he's holding on to her so she doesn't run away.

Sometimes it's the other way round.With very rich and generous clientele, she might be holding on  to him in order to not share the spoils.Like a lion not letting the hyenas anywhere near the carcass of a juicy zebra. 

12 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Most of these guys with their paid companions are overweight with fat bellies so would be incapable of chasing anybody who ran away.

Back in the day , my brother told me the tale of a robust gentleman who had been sorely affronted by some nimbler blokes - I assume, in a village where everyone was known to everyone else.

”You’d better come back for a boxing, or it’ll be all the worse in the long run”

And they did.  

Sick.

No other way to describe it.

Holding hands with a B-girl is just sick.

(Years ago, I did it.  And then, shortly after, I became sick with the drips.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

At the mall with my lady of 15 yrs. If we happen to walk behind an old foreigner with lilac holding hands my lady lightly touches my hand as a joke. She thinks it's funny.

Had a bit of a start there- thought you meant your lady was 15 years old.

Happily, on reading it again I was wrong.

None of my longer term BG GFs had a problem holding my hand, or taking my arm. After all, we did do more than play connect 4 in the bedroom.

However, in a somewhat strange variation, considering how Thais feel about touching other people's heads, one young lady that I knew for 4 years insisted on putting my hand on her head as we walked along in public. I never did ask her about that, so the why remains a mystery.

16 hours ago, Presnock said:

Not so with me - actually my western wife was more involved with her family than my Thai wife who wanted to move away from all relatives after we were married so that they would not interfere in our lives.

You were lucky then. My wife and I were happy till she convinced me to move to the village. Beginning of the end.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You were lucky then. My wife and I were happy till she convinced me to move to the village. Beginning of the end.

Sorry for you...my wife realized early why I retired here in Thailand, why I would not marry her family but only her and that while she could visit with them as she wanted or they could occasionally visit her, I wanted only a relationship with her as

I am from a different society and that if she could be happy with me versus living side by side with her family then we could marry.  More than 20 years later, we are still together, in BKK renting while daughter is in college, but wife has very little

contact with her family except on the phone only.  In the year plus that we have been here, we met for lunch with the family once about 2 months after arriving here and that has been it.  One sister and her husband did visit us twice during the time we have been here.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your own fault really.

Men need to do what they want, not what the woman they are sleeping with wants.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 10:21 AM, Celsius said:

You are dating (paying) your much younger gf.

You want the world to know how cool you are and you want to show your trophy.

So, you hold hands in the shopping mall and BTS.

Ridiculous or not?

You do that, but I don't. In fact, I don't have a rented wife. To each his own though. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, RSD1 said:

You do that, but I don't. In fact, I don't have a rented wife. To each his own though. Good luck. 

That's exactly what a guy why pays his wife a salary would say.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2024 at 12:39 PM, BritManToo said:

Your own fault really.

Men need to do what they want, not what the woman they are sleeping with wants.

Rubbish. I'm not some dominating moron that wanted to boss my wife about.

I met her family before we moved to the village and they seemed perfectly normal. I liked being in the village. The problems only arose some months later because of the rat bag nephew. His parents were not even there- granny was raising him.

If any blame belongs to me it is moving to Lamphun instead of back to Pattaya. Lamphun was close enough for the family to visit. Even so it took some years to get bad enough. Lamphun is great as long as one has transport.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. I'm not some dominating moron that wanted to boss my wife about.

I met her family before we moved to the village and they seemed perfectly normal. I liked being in the village. The problems only arose some months later because of the rat bag nephew. His parents were not even there- granny was raising him.

If any blame belongs to me it is moving to Lamphun instead of back to Pattaya. Lamphun was close enough for the family to visit. Even so it took some years to get bad enough. Lamphun is great as long as one has transport.

Lamphun is fine. Stone's throw from Chiang Mai.

On 8/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, n00dle said:

Drink coke and eat chips daily

On 8/22/2024 at 12:19 AM, Yagoda said:

Seen his 5 oclock shadow. Horrible. Wearing booty shorts with like a dude booty holding hands with a crew cut muscle dude wearing a Bundswehr Eagle logo wifebeater. One of the most bizarre things I have personally witnessed and it traumatized me. I still remember it, at Chatuchak market maybe in 2017. I might even have a pic. Im shuddering right now.

That’s enough.

I understand the distress, but Stiff Upper Lip, man! Take one for the team - Please don’t share the photo.