Digital wallet scheme may switch to cash to boost economy

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

Now I can understand why 7-11 is being taken over.

I wonder if that delightfully useful shop is partially owned by a Thai family............

CP All Public Company Limited was established in 1988 by the Charoen Pokphand Group to operate convenience store businesses in Thailand under the 7-Eleven trademark. The company was granted a license to use the trademark by 7-Eleven, Inc., USA. In 1989, the first 7-Eleven outlet in Thailand was opened on Patpong Road. 

The Charoen Pokphand Group Company, Ltd.[2] (CP) (Thai: เจริญโภคภัณฑ์; RTGS: Charoen Phokkhaphan) is a Thai conglomerate based in Bangkok. It is Thailand's largest private company and the largest privately held Royal Warrant holder of the Thai Royal Family. 

41 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Who is taking over 7/11, not heard of it yet.

The owner of the global convenience store chain 7-Eleven has received an offer from a Canadian rival to buy the company, in what could be Japan’s biggest ever foreign takeover.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/aug/19/owner-of-7-eleven-stores-receives-buyout-offer-from-canadian-rival

I thought 7-11 was an American company.

We live and learn.

Handing out cash would seem to attract low life thieves, groups or individuals,  that would hang about the locations the cash is handed out, and proceed to rob those who seem weaker and vulnerable. Like moose steaks for packs of wolves.