Data plan for visit to UK

jor

7 minutes ago, jor said:

I looked on the Giffgaff site but couldn't see any reference to UK (or Great Britain or England etc.) so gave up.

Really?  But it is a UK company, operating on O2, and all pricing is in £.  Sure you were on the right website?

1 hour ago, jor said:

Hi,

This is the OP.

Thanks to everybody for the replies and the advice.  Too many to respond to individually, but here is my current situation:

I looked on the Giffgaff site but couldn't see any reference to UK (or Great Britain or England etc.) so gave up.

However, a few days after posting my enquiry, my elderly phone died so have bought a replacement.

The new phone has eSIM so Airalo seems a good alternative especially as it doesn't require a SIM to be posted.

josephbloggs, I got the idea that the AIS plan is capped to 12GB from their website.  If this is not the case, then I will check with their local store as it is the easiest solution.  I will use only for email checking/news/gps navigation but wasn't sure that 12GB would be enough.  I will have a lot to do on this trip so don't want any unnecessary hassle.

Again, thanks to all who responded.

Jor

Thanks for the update. I can confirm that the AIS package is definitely not capped - it is only the limit for maximum speed, after that you still get unlimited data but at a slower speed (128kbs if I remember correctly).

I just use the AIS packages whenever I travel as it is easy. I work while I am away and I have never come close to hitting the maximum speed cap. As long as you are not streaming video every day it is more than enough.