Gun-toting schoolkids spark East Pattaya chaos

snoop1130

Screenshot-2024-08-21-160657-1.jpg

Violence erupted on the streets of East Pattaya as shocking footage emerged yesterday, showing school kids from a local public school and a rival private school engaging in brutal confrontations. The disturbing scenes, captured on Soi Nern Plub Wan in Nong Prue, reveal students clashing in a series of chaotic brawls.

These violent altercations have reportedly occurred at least three times between mid-July and early August. However, the conflict took a terrifying turn last week when a group of middle school students from the public school approached the nearby private school, a mere 300 metres away, armed with a gun.

Panic ensued as private school students scattered in fear. Amidst the chaos, an 11 year old girl suffered a fractured arm after tripping while attempting to flee. She was rushed to a local hospital for treatment.

The situation quickly escalated when students from the private school retaliated, arming themselves with knives and wooden sticks. The attackers were forced to retreat, narrowly avoiding further bloodshed.

Locals are alarmed by the increasing frequency of these violent encounters. Videos circulating online, some ominously captioned Challenge Accepted, have only heightened the tension between the two schools.

“These fights are becoming so frequent that they almost seem normal but when children as young as 12 or 13 bring guns to settle disputes, something has to change. If school authorities and officials don’t address this as more than a schoolyard brawl, serious harm is inevitable.”

Residents are now demanding urgent intervention from both school directors to prevent further violence and ensure the safety of all students involved, reported Pattaya Mail.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-21

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

These violent altercations have reportedly occurred at least three times between mid-July and early August. However, the conflict took a terrifying turn last week when a group of middle school students from the public school approached the nearby private school, a mere 300 metres away, armed with a gun.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The situation quickly escalated when students from the private school retaliated, arming themselves with knives and wooden sticks.

Time the schools stepped up and kicked these idiots out.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The authorities should bring these two groups of schoolkids together, give them a serious talking to about Thainess and then drop them off in the evening, fully armed, in Soi Yensabai to sort out the noisy Kuwaiti biker problem. lol

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, 2008bangkok said:

You cannot always blame the parents, I know first hand as my 16yr old is an absolute nightmare, basically does what he wants despite my attempts to stop him.

Me and the wife are divorced now and he is meant to live with me but I try any type of disapline he just runs of to her house and doesn't come back for days or even weeks.

For me it's Thai society and lack of punishment from police and also schools not doing there job aswell, for example the school where my son goes is stacked with motorbikes, cannot tell me they all have a license, but schools don't care.

Cannot be that hard to implement something like register the bike with the school, show them a valid license, give them a sticker from the school and no bike without that sticker can ride the into school premises 

I don't see the kind of care for anything here like I do back in the US. Children, animals, enforcement of laws, driving, etc. I see more violence against regular locals than I ever saw back home. One reason is up to 35% of children are left with grandparents while dad disappears and mom goes to the big city to work. Nothing wrong with a grandparent caring for a child, especially if they're capable and still healthy enough, but there is no substitute for a biological parent that cares. And a grandparent full time leaves many to do whatever they want with little discipline after they reach teenage. You see 8 year olds driving a scooter with a sidecar with 3 others little kids in it. That is off the scales irresponsibility. Daily I see a truck transporting children to school, packed inside and up to 12 sitting on the top of the truck. Waiting for an accident that could kill a dozen in a second. I've had at least 7 dogs that called my house home poisoned by some sick individual that doesn't like dogs running around the country. There are laws on the books here that are overlooked in favor of a cash payout. If this changed, and punishments were handed out, especially harsh ones against those who hurt children, it might help the society's future. If I could leave today with my daughter I would, but it takes time to move, again, to re establish back home. It will be in the best interest of my daughter as she will have a much better future than what she would have here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't see the kind of care for anything here like I do back in the US. Children, animals, enforcement of laws, driving, etc. I see more violence against regular locals than I ever saw back home. One reason is up to 35% of children are left with grandparents while dad disappears and mom goes to the big city to work. Nothing wrong with a grandparent caring for a child, especially if they're capable and still healthy enough, but there is no substitute for a biological parent that cares. And a grandparent full time leaves many to do whatever they want with little discipline after they reach teenage. You see 8 year olds driving a scooter with a sidecar with 3 others little kids in it. That is off the scales irresponsibility. Daily I see a truck transporting children to school, packed inside and up to 12 sitting on the top of the truck. Waiting for an accident that could kill a dozen in a second. I've had at least 7 dogs that called my house home poisoned by some sick individual that doesn't like dogs running around the country. There are laws on the books here that are overlooked in favor of a cash payout. If this changed, and punishments were handed out, especially harsh ones against those who hurt children, it might help the society's future. If I could leave today with my daughter I would, but it takes time to move, again, to re establish back home. It will be in the best interest of my daughter as she will have a much better future than what she would have here.

I agree, I should of done that years ago move back with the kids but I didn't.

Best advice I can give is to move back before it's to late, even if that means a bit of hardship for 6 months, be much better in the long run.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Couldn't agree more, and in the same boat you are in, hopefully I can get my family out here one day.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Best advice I can give is to move back before it's to late, even if that means a bit of hardship for 6 months, be much better in the long run.

Exactly. I put the money I made selling my house in Texas into this one for the wrong woman. Now I need to re establish all over again (at least it'll be the last time) in another house, car, school and area and it'll be starting all over but worth it for my daughter and myself.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

should HAVE....... If no one tells you, you'll always get it wrong.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“These fights are becoming so frequent that they almost seem normal but when children as young as 12 or 13 bring guns to settle disputes, something has to change.

I keep on banging on about Mandatory sentencing, should lock these kids up who think they are adults, in a secure unit for a Min of 2 yrs.

4 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

should HAVE....... If no one tells you, you'll always get it wrong.

7 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Circumstances , my wife at the time didn't want to go, so I wanted to please her

He was correcting your grammar, not your decision.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

No effective gun laws, role models like Thamanat and Thaksin........ a totally corrupt police force, ridiculous sentencing policies and a society that sees all of this as...... oh well that's the way things are.....and this is what you get.

The problem is that gun laws are not properly enforced allowing about 6 million unregistered guns to be circulating around Thailand.  

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

These fights are becoming so frequent that they almost seem normal but when children as young as 12 or 13 bring guns to settle disputes

BB or pellet gun no doubt which are quite bountiful in TH. I had a pellet gun when I was 12yo and if a bully tried to pick on me I’m sure he would’ve gotten it in the rear.