Looks like Americans fight most here?

GypsyT

5 hours ago, Roo Island said:

The US is a divided nation, driven a lot by dodgy politicians and fake news right wing media outlets. The latter proven by the fact many on the right still fall for the big lie, started by the divider in chief, Trump.

One reason I won't move back. Sucks.

Unless you've kept your US home or have a large income you probably couldn't afford to move back. But go ahead and blame politics. 

I've been back in the US for a month on business and can't wait to leave. Has zero to do with politics.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're wrong UNLESS there is a massive blue landslide.

The maga fascist movement is now unfortunately much bigger than just Trump. 

They won't quit the maga stuff quickly or easily unless they're forced to humiliating large losses.

Fascist, just so you know it's not just anyone you disagree with or any non democrat :

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

7 hours ago, novacova said:

The US is a divided nation, driven a lot by dodgy politicians and fake news left wing media outlets. The latter proven by the fact many on the left still fall for the big lie, started by the divider in chief, Obama.

Troll. Show a link proving it or bs. Maga nutters.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/70-percent-republicans-falsely-believe-stolen-election-trump/

Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election claims. Here are some reasons why.
In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TedG said:

Let’s see you bring some facts to the table.  

One of dozens of articles. But I'm guessing you've drank the kool-aid and believe all msm is fake news. Sad.

https://www.reuters.com/article/world/middle-east/trumps-legacy-a-more-divided-america-a-more-unsettled-world-idUSKBN29P0EW/

Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Unless you've kept your US home or have a large income you probably couldn't afford to move back. But go ahead and blame politics. 

I've been back in the US for a month on business and can't wait to leave. Has zero to do with politics.

I have a very large income. Currently in Scotland cruising around in Airbnb's. Could easily move back if I wanted to

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC Venezuela's problems partly stem from sanctions imposed by the USA, when it's a country with the largest oil reserves on the planet.

Yo clearly are an American exceptionalist, that thinks you are God's gift to the human race. Here's a news flash - you are not, and in some aspects of US life you guys are as dumb as a can of soup.

If you are going to post put-downs, be prepared for return fire.

Absolutely, all the world’s problems are because of the US. But for the US, all the world would like in peace and harmony.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-trial-trump-2020-0ac71f75acfacc52ea80b3e747fb0afe

And from the LA Times

"Although Carlson fed his viewers what they wanted to hear, his private texts to colleagues expressed disdain for Trump in the weeks after the 2020 election when the former president was spreading lies about voter fraud.

“What he’s good at is destroying things,” Carlson texted to a producer on Nov. 5, 2020. “He’s the undisputed world champion of that. He could easily destroy us if we play it wrong.”

In another text just days before the Jan. 6 riot, Carlson said of Trump: “I hate him passionately. We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”"

Name a Democrat who does not lie.

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

One of dozens of articles. But I'm guessing you've drank the kool-aid and believe all msm is fake news. Sad.

https://www.reuters.com/article/world/middle-east/trumps-legacy-a-more-divided-america-a-more-unsettled-world-idUSKBN29P0EW/

Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

Here's Why Americans Have Always Been Divided

“America has always been divided. I think the myth of a unified country is a myth… American beliefs have been contested ground from the start,” Gitlin says. “I mean, pick a moment in history when we have always not been deeply divided.”

https://www.voanews.com/a/usa_all-about-america_heres-why-americans-have-always-been-divided/6192138.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Russia did meddle in our politics. Just like they done all over the world. Are you not aware of this? Or just follow Trump's misinformation and ignore it?

Russia did not hack the vote count.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

We were talking about news outlets. Where is your proof of lying lefty news.

The news outlets tried to cover up for Joe Biden. 

• Haha 2

We need this in every city in the US;

https://secretldn.com/speakers-corner-hyde-park/

In '70s I was first time in London and that was the funniest what I found.

Old ladies, in '80s & '90s, were cussing out everybody in uniform 🙂 

Some had brought their own ladders and all were concerned they may fall down...

To me it was competition who can use foulest language. It was a shock how dirty mouth old ladies had...

I think it's great old way to say what you feel. To us outsides it was very funny too.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Absolutely, all the world’s problems are because of the US. But for the US, all the world would like in peace and harmony.

"Would like?" Can't be a typo, the "v" and the "k" are too far apart on the keyboard. A disconnect between your brain and fingers, perhaps.

The US safeguards world trade, with its naval presence on the oceans. Piracy would be the norm otherwise.

Getting sarcastic does not change the fact Americans are so far up themselves it's surprising they don't disappear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

We need this in every city in the US;

https://secretldn.com/speakers-corner-hyde-park/

In '70s I was first time in London and that was the funniest what I found.

Old ladies, in '80s & '90s, were cussing out everybody in uniform 🙂 

Some had brought their own ladders and all were concerned they may fall down...

To me it was competition who can use foulest language. It was a shock how dirty mouth old ladies had...

I think it's great old way to say what you feel. To us outsides it was very funny too.

It won't work. Too many lunatics who would take a potshot. People shoot each other over trivial issues. In 2010, among males. there were 15 firearm deaths per 100,000. By 2020, it was 22 per 100,000 (DaCruz, Bryant University, , but gun ownership is more or less the same (Gallup). Its not because of more crime. In 2010, the crime rate was 389 reported crimes per 100,000, by 2019, it was down to 360 per 100,000 (Statista). People are just shooting each other more.

12 hours ago, retarius said:

Half of the country believes in MAGA. Trump is too old at the next election, but Musk is a young man with money to burn. Don't count Musk out carrying the MAGA flame in 2028. 

He is not a native born  US national. Born in South Africa, a Canadian of convenience and for the benefits until he made it big in the USA. Now he is a US citizen of convenience. He will abandon the USA when it is to his advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1