Number of visa exempt crossings allowed nong khai to vientiane and back?

Hi

My understanding is that you are only allowed to do land border crossing from Nong Khai to Vientiane as a 'visa exempt' 2x times per year?

Is this correct?

Someone told me they recently lifted this restriction but cant find anything online to verify this?

Thanks

The limit of 2 visa exempt via land per calendar year rule has been removed.

Also visa exempt entry now provides 60 day stamp and can be extended at immigration by 30 days (1900 b) 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, danfoss5000 said:

Hi

My understanding is that you are only allowed to do land border crossing from Nong Khai to Vientiane as a 'visa exempt' 2x times per year?

Is this correct?

Someone told me they recently lifted this restriction but cant find anything online to verify this?

Thanks

Looks like it's only possible 2 times per year in Laos. To Cambodia is unlimited 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Looks like it's only possible 2 times per year in Laos. To Cambodia is unlimited 

If / When any entry-point begins restricting visa-exempt, we will see reports here.  Thus far, I have seen no reports of Laos imposing such a limit. 

I have seen ONE report of ONE Laos border imposing a "night out" rule.  This could be to prompt an "arrangement" with visa-run companies for a "deal" of some sort (as Ban Pakkard has arranged) - or, possibly due to a payoff from the Laos side from hotels/restaurants, etc.  Just follow the money, and the pattern is easy to recognize.

3 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

If / When any entry-point begins restricting visa-exempt, we will see reports here.  Thus far, I have seen no reports of Laos imposing such a limit. 

I have seen ONE report of ONE Laos border imposing a "night out" rule.  This could be to prompt an "arrangement" with visa-run companies for a "deal" of some sort (as Ban Pakkard has arranged) - or, possibly due to a payoff from the Laos side from hotels/restaurants, etc.  Just follow the money, and the pattern is easy to recognize.

It is the Thai side that is imposing the "night/s" out rule.

18 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Yes, but it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that they may have discussed the matter with the " border bounce" agencies, who will offer a package deal encompassing travel and two nights in Laos!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

That's interesting. So if you turn around the same day, what will Thai immigration do?

14 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Totally made up so how come false info is allowed to be posted without a link to source, which of course there isn't one

Edited by Pattaya57

10 minutes ago, Maestro said:

That's interesting. So if you turn around the same day, what will Thai immigration do?

Tod Daniels has already posted a report on this. Made them go back to the Lao side and cancel their Laos exit. They weren't allowed back into Thailand until they'd spent 2 nights out. At the time, even the company that transported them to the border were unaware of the new policy. 

• Agree 1

Simply! Nobody can say how many land border crossings that will be accepted. As it is now, it will be more at the discretion of each single IO than ever before.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Tod Daniels has already posted a report on this. Made them go back to the Lao side and cancel their Laos exit. They weren't allowed back into Thailand until they'd spent 2 nights out. At the time, even the company that transported them to the border were unaware of the new policy. 

Thank you.

Therefore, this new topic is not required.

:mfr_closed1:

Discussion continued in this earlier topic:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1336345-lao-borders-some-at-least-now-requiring-overnight-stay/page/2/#comment-19179539