How stupidity is an existential threat to America

simple1

Ignorance/stupidity is claiming to have knowledge of a subject that one has little or no knowledge of…

…yet it’s folks like this acquire a following for the same reasons.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

You may find the following of interest:

Republican group cites notorious Dred Scott ruling as reason Kamala Harris can’t be president

Republican group cites notorious Dred Scott ruling as reason Kamala Harris can’t be president (msn.com)

They are really scraping the barrel now. I can just imagine the row of headless chickens running around in the gop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

It may sound like an insensitive statement, but the cold hard truth is that there are a lot of stupid people in the world, and their stupidity presents a constant danger to others. Some of these people are in positions of power, and some of them have been elected to run our country. A far greater number of them do not have positions of power, but they still have the power to vote, and the power to spread their ideas.

https://www.alternet.org/cognitive-neuroscientist/

Tampon Tim is a great example with tampons in boys restrooms, Nominees for SC cant define "woman" Illegals are embraced with free homes, med care while it's citizens suffer. Alot of stupid folks running things.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, frank83628 said:

so basically what you are trying to say is, 'anyone that doesn't agree with how i think about US politics is stupid and a danger to America' IE people that vote or support Trump!

perhaps they should all be rounded up and disposed of, would that be better you think? 

It is the opinion of the author I posted for discussion - it's not about me.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, maesariang said:

Like Biden.

And like some of those elected officials many years prior to Binden's ascent to the Presidency.  As long as the rich and powerful determine who can  run for office, this will continue as the voters are dumber or just as dumb as those that they elect.  That is and has been my opinion since I became eligible to vote many decades ago.  Have a good day!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

If you believe that you must also believe and agree that US citizens should be allowed to vote in elections in other peoples countries as well.

Perhaps Russia could vote in US elections and the USA could vote in Russian elections. How about if Israel voted in Palestinian elections and Palestinians voted in Israeli elections, or if Iran were allowed to vote in Israeli elections? Would that be OK with you?

You are definitely on to something. Americans vote for leaders who have an existential effect on citizens of other countries; Russians likewise. Palestinians vote for leaders whose sole agenda is the destruction of one particular foreign country, which has no say in it; Israelis vote for leaders who likewise seek to unilaterally annex the land of their neighbor -- whose own residents can’t vote in Israeli elections. Cross-national voting might make us all a little more aware of our common existence and equality, speaking of humans generally.

I sense that you were being a bit sarcastic; I’m not.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have long been an advocate of limiting candidates for president to people who have only served in the military, and I would go a step further they must have children that would be of age to serve, and they would have to sign a pledge that their children would be on the front lines if they ever got involved in a war.

How's that for a deterrent? How is that for commitment? 

I love the deterrent aspect of that. However, there’s also a potential appeasement aspect. Sometimes there’s a war that needs to be fought (e.g., from the US side, one that would involve NATO), and I’m not sure I’d want a US president to be weighing their own child’s welfare as a factor in whether and how to engage.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, retarius said:

If America presumes to lead the world....it doesn't but it pretends to and aims to....then citizens from all vassal countries should be able to vote for federal level congressmen, senators and presidents. Perhaps we could vote only for people who abhor war. 

If America doesnt lead the world then who does? Honest question.

Edited by mdr224

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I'm afraid as an American, you don't really know what extreme left and right is.

In Australia, the Democrats would be considered a tad right of centre. Your Republicans would be close to fascists.

Open borders is a Greens policy. Price controls is a Mussolini policy. So Dems would be fascist and green.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm afraid as an American, you don't really know what extreme left and right is.

In Australia, the Democrats would be considered a tad right of centre. Your Republicans would be close to fascists.

Good reason not to listen to Aussie's opinions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, novacova said:

Ignorance/stupidity is claiming to have knowledge of a subject that one has little or no knowledge of…

…yet it’s folks like this acquire a following for the same reasons.

She sounds so dumb. Like a comedian pretending to be a politician.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Good reason not to listen to Aussie's opinions.

We appear to be better at a lot of things than the USA, which only serves to demonstrate the stupidity of your post.

Example: Your average life expectancy is 77.5 years. Ours is is 83.9 years. Care to explain that?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We appear to be better at a lot of things than the USA, which only serves to demonstrate the stupidity of your post.

Example: Your average life expectancy is 77.5 years. Ours is is 83.9 years. Care to explain that?

Thais live even shorter lives.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Only advantage australia has is shares no borders with anyone. Other than that, australia will go the way that america does. That includes more inflation and an increasingly unhappy young population that cant afford houses

1 minute ago, mdr224 said:

Only advantage australia has is shares no borders with anyone. Other than that, australia will go the way that america does. That includes more inflation and an increasingly unhappy young population that cant afford houses

Agreed, that is happening already. I don't see what sharing borders has to do with life expectancy, though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We have corruption in Australia as well, but nothing comes close to what you have. No-one in Australia needs a billion dollars to become Prime Minister.

How are the Republics fascists? 

39 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

The article specifically calls out your insane Orange A-hole cult leader as the prime example. As well as your Redneck Goddess of Grotesque, M.T. Greene. :coffee1:

Just to make things clear, are you referring to the bleach blonde, bad built, butch body, as was so delightfully and memorably put by one Jasmine Crockett, she of the "Kamala Harris has a resume, Donald Trump has a rap sheet" quote. 

Really nasty and unfair!

5 minutes ago, TedG said:

How are the Republics fascists? 

Not saying they are, just how their policies would be viewed by the average Australian.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I agree with the general premise. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many US citizens (40% or more?) support and would vote for Trump. But if that turns out to be the case in Nov, I'll have to accept that my home country, the USA, is full of idiots... :sad:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

They are really scraping the barrel now. I can just imagine the row of headless chickens running around in the gop.

You mean you have never seen the Dredd Scott decision cited by a Court or parties in the USA? Tell us in your words how Dredd Scott was cited here, with links to the original document, vs what a left wing media outlet says about it.