Canada Implements 100% Tariff on China-Made Electric Vehicles

Social Media

And the big tech companies are moving operations out of China. Yesterday it was announced thousands of employees there being laid off there by IBM (I think).

If they don't play nice we'll take our balls and go home.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't need a link to believe that they would be capable of doing so. I trust them not at all ( the Chinese government, not Chinese per se ).

check next comment :)

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Only means that western just realised that they were ten years behind in the industrialisation of EVs. Fairness isn't a concern here.

Anyhow if I need another car before I die it will be a Chinese EV. 

down with fascism vote kamala. 

• Haha 1

Tells you everything one needs to know.  If you can't complete, shut the competition out.   

Screw the consumer, why should they have the best product for the best price :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Not only this, an EV made in China could possibly have some program or device installed that could be activated at Chinas will. Controlling movement by their EVs. The US has already found such devices in cranes and heavy equipment they purchased through Chinese companies. 

I read that article, I didn't see anything other than data collection and fault diagnosis equipment.  People panic over stupid things.  The elevator in my home also has a cellular modem for the manufacturer to fault diagnose & plan service intervals, good luck getting anything secret from my habits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, stoner said:

Thanks.

The link doesn't confirm the claim from the poster though that communication devices are installed that can be activated at China's will.

Any results on the probe or was there nothing after all?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/tech-found-chinese-built-cranes-us-potential-security-risk-2024-3

You have fingers and a keyboard. Next time search yourself if you do not believe what someone posts

It's not up to a reader to prove statements made by another poster.

Forum rules.

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Thanks.

The link doesn't confirm the claim from the poster though that communication devices are installed that can be activated at China's will.

Any results on the probe or was there nothing after all?

What ? 

House lawmakers found that the equipment installed on the cranes — cellular modems that can be used for remote communication — were not documented in any contract between US ports and Chinese crane maker ZPMC.

Edited by stoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

What ? 

House lawmakers found that the equipment installed on the cranes — cellular modems that can be used for remote communication — were not documented in any contract between US ports and Chinese crane maker ZPMC.

Fault diagnosis and warranty compliance monitoring, nothing nefarious here.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

What ? 

Nothing at all to "confirm the claim from the poster though that communication devices are installed that can be activated at China's will.".

It does say a probe was initiated, so what happened to the probe?

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nothing at all to "confirm the claim from the poster though that communication devices are installed that can be activated at China's will.".

Ok.

15 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You do jump to conclusions don't you, how is that working out for you?

i don't like communists. never for the life of me understood why we even deal with china in the first place. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

And the big tech companies are moving operations out of China. Yesterday it was announced thousands of employees there being laid off there by IBM (I think).

If they don't play nice we'll take our balls and go home.

Who was it set that in motion?!