The Republican Reckoning: A Post-Trump Civil War Looms if He Loses

Social Media

1 hour ago, candide said:

I don't think there will be many MAGA nutters who will try to fight.

They are like their master: big gob, but coward.

It's kind of weird (to use that popular term lately)!

The OP opinion piece here is actually about what the author thinks could be a political civil war within the Republican Party if Trump loses the election.

But a lot of the comments here in this thread have ended up being about the potential other kind of real civil war, like the U.S. got a brief taste of during the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

Normally, you wouldn't think the latter even fathomable... But then you look at a lot of the absurd extremist political rhetoric being dished out here on this forum (some share of it probably by non-Americans), and you begin to wonder....

What happens if Harris wins the election, but the Trump election deniers that Republicans have placed in many election departments around the country refuse to count or certify the ballots. Or Republicans in Congress go another round at attempting to do the same with the state election results?

We seem to be living in perilous times.

New Report Details Terrifying Threat of Trump’s Election Deniers

Election deniers hold crucial roles in elections in multiple swing states

At least 70 pro–Donald Trump election denialists are working as election officials in key swing states, according to a report published Monday from Rolling Stone and the right-wing extremism research newsletter American Doom.

Officials who had promoted election conspiracy theories were identified in at least 16 counties in six swing states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. These individuals were identified through scouring coverage of refusals to certify 2020 election results and other denialist behavior, as well as sifting through the social media profiles of election officials in these states.

Across these swing states, Trump loyalists stand ready to disrupt the results of democratically held elections—at least 22 of them have already refused or delayed certification in recent years, indicating likely chaos in November.

(more)

https://newrepublic.com/post/184340/trump-election-deniers-power-swing-states

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-how-georgia-officials-wrote-rules-deny-election-results-1235089385/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But a lot of the comments here in this thread have ended up being about the potential other kind of real civil war, like the U.S. got a brief taste of during the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

Probably be a good thing. The USA is too divided.

There can only be one.

i expect Democrats to win the election.

But the gun toting Republicans will win the war. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2024 at 11:37 AM, candide said:

Funny to watch MAGA signs of desperation.... 😄

They' ve long passed that stage. Now, it's rigor mortis settling in...

or  "Night of the MAGA Living Dead!" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What happens if Harris wins the election, but the Trump election deniers that Republicans have placed in many election departments around the country refuse to count or certify the ballots. Or Republicans in Congress go another round at attempting to do the same with the state election results?

Dems - and anyone non MAGA - were caught by surprised last time...

I expect them to be better prepared this time. (Right, Joe?)

On 8/31/2024 at 11:46 AM, newnative said:

At least when he loses this time we won't have to pry him out of the White House kicking and screaming like a spoiled rotten baby.

You think exaggeration adds value to that bs?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

That offshoot will disintegrate. Trump will be old, likely facing prison time, and will be morally, politically and financially bankrupt.

One of the interesting takeaways of the present campaign is that it seems Trump is, effectively, out of money. He owes locations for the costs of the rallies he stages, his social media operation which he increasingly relies upon to communicate is hemorrhaging money, his various properties are mortgaged up to the hilt, and he seems unable to raise sums even vaguely compatible with Harris/Waltz. The real big donors he needs, wants, relies on, the very wealthy simply are not going to put cash on a campaign which appears to be losing. They, along with "foreign sources", will only spend money if it looks as if they are going to get it back - which does not look likely.

Ironic, after years of throwing people to the financial wolves, those wolves are at his heels!

Playing cards for sale!

I’ve said for a while, any member of this forum who’s assets are greater than their liabilities is very likely richer than Trump.

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

Is biden on the ballot?

Did you ever mention Biden and his absence from Vietnam BEFORE he was convinced to drop out?

As it turned out those that avoided the war were on the side of right, given the war's reality as a bad war.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

:cheesy:

Are you talking about the disturbance in which the only person killed was a protester and no guns were in evidence by any protesters? I watched it live and most were just wandering around like tourists on an organised tour.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JCauto said:

In other words, your answer to "Can you name any of Mike Pence's accomplishments during his time as VP other than not caving into the pressure to not certify the election results?", is NO.

If he was not asked to do anything it is obvious even to you that he didn't have any. So if you want to be pedantic, no.

I'll ask you the same question about Harris- Can you name any of Harris's accomplishments during her time as VP?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

And they love him. They even let him grab them on pussy. 

Well, that was a long time ago. 20 years, and 70lbs. makes a big difference!!! Not to mention a likely inability to perform. The women of the world are saved! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is why it's exhausting to try discussing things with you. You seem to have a complete lack of understanding of context, so for you, each post exists in a separate universe uninfluenced by the previous discussion.

I apologise unreservedly for my posts not complying with your druthers.

:sorry:

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, that was a long time ago. 20 years, and 70lbs. makes a big difference!!! Not to mention a likely inability to perform. The women of the world are saved! 

Rich men are never short of women happy to let them do a bit of grabbing. Money and power are the greatest aphrodisiacs ever known.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's kind of weird (to use that popular term lately)!

The OP opinion piece here is actually about what the author thinks could be a political civil war within the Republican Party if Trump loses the election.

Normally, you wouldn't think the latter even fathomable... But then you look at a lot of the absurd extremist political rhetoric being dished out here on this forum (some share of it probably by non-Americans), and you begin to wonder....

We seem to be living in perilous times.

New Report Details Terrifying Threat of Trump’s Election Deniers

Election deniers hold crucial roles in elections in multiple swing states

At least 70 pro–Donald Trump election denialists are working as election officials in key swing states, according to a report published Monday from Rolling Stone and the right-wing extremism research newsletter American Doom.

Officials who had promoted election conspiracy theories were identified in at least 16 counties in six swing states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. These individuals were identified through scouring coverage of refusals to certify 2020 election results and other denialist behavior, as well as sifting through the social media profiles of election officials in these states.

Across these swing states, Trump loyalists stand ready to disrupt the results of democratically held elections—at least 22 of them have already refused or delayed certification in recent years, indicating likely chaos in November.

(more)

https://newrepublic.com/post/184340/trump-election-deniers-power-swing-states

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-how-georgia-officials-wrote-rules-deny-election-results-1235089385/

Great conspiracy theory. Keep 'em coming. We need more entertainment on here.

• Like 1

I was responding to @Maesarieng's post accusing Tim Walz of being a coward with the implication that he avoided active combat (which is incorrect, but whatever). I pointed out that the person he supports for president received several deferments based on a dubious excuse, hence it is illogical and hypocritical to be attacking the Democratic VP candidate despite his serving for 24 years while his Presidential candidate never served. That's the context. Get it? 

Deflecting to a different person does not excuse Waltz of at least the suspicion of bottling it faced with imminent posting to a war zone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve said for a while, any member of this forum who’s assets are greater than their liabilities is very likely richer than Trump.

No you haven't.

Full of it as usual.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If he was not asked to do anything it is obvious even to you that he didn't have any. So if you want to be pedantic, no.

I'll ask you the same question about Harris- Can you name any of Harris's accomplishments during her time as VP?

This is yet another example of what I was referring to in regards to you having no understanding of "context" or, seemingly, an ability to remember what discussion points have already been made. Here is what I said initially when you commented back to me, you know, the post that started this particular discussion.

"I think you're aware that the work of the Vice-President is to be behind the scenes and "in waiting" in the case of something happening to the President. Although one can never be too sure with you. Can you name any of Mike Pence's accomplishments during his time as VP other than not caving into the pressure to not certify the election results?"

Do I really have to explain this to you?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Deflecting to a different person does not excuse Waltz of at least the suspicion of bottling it faced with imminent posting to a war zone.

Answer: "No, I don't get it." Sorry, I am only going to make one attempt to explain things to you before I give up.

This does provide however an opportunity to correct the fake news story about Walz.

"Mr Walz served for 24 years in the Army National Guard, a military force which is usually deployed within the US to respond to events such as natural disasters, but is also part of the US Army’s reserve. In February 2005, while he was still in the National Guard, Mr Walz filed an application to run to be elected as a member of Congress from Minnesota. The following month it was announced that there would be “a possible partial mobilisation of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard” to Iraq within the next two years, according to a 2005 press release from Mr Walz’s congressional campaign. In the statement, Mr Walz said: “I do not yet know if my artillery unit will be part of this mobilisation.” He added: “I don’t want to speculate on what shape my campaign will take if I am deployed, but I have no plans to drop out of the race." Mr Walz then retired from the National Guard in May 2005, which he later said was so he could focus fully on running for Congress. It’s unclear exactly when he submitted his resignation notice. We’ve asked both the National Guard and the Harris campaign when this was. His National Guard unit received orders to mobilise for Iraq in July 2005, and was sent there in March 2006, according to the battalion’s history page."

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cze5gzr97ewo

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No you haven't.

Full of it as usual.

So easily whacked down:

On 2/22/2024 at 5:04 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve said many time, I sincerely believe any member of this forum who’s assets are larger than their liabilities is wealthier than Trump.

We know he’s a fraudster, that’s a matter of court record.

We’ll soon have confirmation that he’s broke.

Some see through him, others do not.