Drive from Nana to Korat? Help

advancebooking

Without a navigation I would be totally lost in the wonderful city.

I "love" it.

That's what google shows how to get to highway 1.
Does it make sense?

I remember that routes in Bangkok may depend on time of day?

Rest is trivial (1 to 2 and there you are).

Right is three times left 😄

("Siegesdenkmal" -> Victory Monument)

image.png.e396a318608104247041548e41210087.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Without a navigation I would be totally lost in the wonderful city.

I "love" it.

That's what google shows how to get to highway 1.
Does it make sense?

I remember that routes in Bangkok may depend on time of day?

Rest is trivial (1 to 2 and there you are).

Right is three times left 😄

("Siegesdenkmal" -> Victory Monument)

image.png.e396a318608104247041548e41210087.png

That google map is completely wrong. As member 'ballpoint' indicates above.... from nana bts get in the right lane when you drive past the Landmark hotel on the left. (it turns into 3 lanes). in that right lane you will go under the 'underpass' and see the toll on the right. Turn into that toll booth. 

Follow that advice and one does NOT have to do a google map circle past lumphini park and back around. Complete waste of time/ petrol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

If starting by Nana BTS, heading towards Ploenchit, get in the right lane as soon as possible and cross over to the right hand side of the BTS line at Nana intersection, then take the expressway entrance after Soi 1. Coming off the expressway at Din Daeng, keep right and enter the tollway. Once off the tollway, keep going straight on Highway 2, f

image.png.54ce6f515f17d3e9bb68bcbf736f7db8.png

image.png.a87de31a3740743a45ab5ca21941e763.png

Thanks for the info. I know that toll to take on the right. When I drive past the landmark hotel I get in the right lane and turn right into the Mpass toll where your red arrow is. Usually I take that road and turn off when I see the airport symbol on the left (2km down) and go to Swampie that way. 

But to go to korat following your instructions:

- Turn into that Mpass toll and enter the hwy

- drive down for how many km's do you think until I see the 'Din Daeng' turn off?

- keep right at that DD turn off and enter the tollway?

- Then you say once off the tollway? What does that mean. How long do I stay on that road? Highway 2?

- following the signs to Saraburi and then Korat.

Is the above correct? If I have korat in google maps at nana will it take me that route?

thanks

Driving in BKK is actually quite easy ....BUT you need to know where you are going. I suggest you have online access to Google maps on your phone or tablet - this takes 90% of the hassle out of navigating Bangkok.

THe most frustrating aspect of driving in Bangkok is the slowness of the traffic - in parts it crawls so allow time for tt. 

Also if you end up under the expressways you can some times loose signal so get a rough idea of your route before to set off.

If you don't fancy setting off through town, just take the shortest route to the M9 ring road and follow the signs off that.

10 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Im taking a break from Nana plaza and going to drive from there to Korat. 

If I drive from nana BTS sukhumvit and head towards MBK. Then turn right and stay straight, do I kind of drive past Victory Monument and then towards Don M airport? Is that the best way to get to Isan? Near that Victory M area is there a toll road? 

thanks

I reckon it's best for you to to take the bus. 

BTW, I rented a car 1999 and drove Bangkok to Loas (Nong kai), that was a challenge. 

Too easy today with sat nav. 

Let us all know when you plan to depart, we will all stay off the roads. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, advancebooking said:

why not answer the question

Probably because it's a silly question, with a few variables, and only the most inexperienced driver would post it, in the manner you did.

You either don't drive much, at all, or never heard of Google Maps.  Only advice I got for you , is leave before the sun comes up (pre 6 AM), and you'll beat all the rush hour traffic, and be up on the plateau, hopefully before all the truckers & buses.  OK, maybe not, but at least before most cars.

And watch those scooters making U-turns.   If leaving early enough, you can avoid the toll road, but if you take it, drive the speed limit, as multiple speed cameras up there..

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

I really doesn't get any easier.  From Nana Square, you're just over half km from main highway/toll rd to north (hwy #1).  Take that to hwy #2, and that takes you to Korat.

image.png.fd1b5b92be7e470332118cd85f172d32.png

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ballpoint said:

- drive down for how many km's do you think until I see the 'Din Daeng' turn off?

Don't take the left expressway fork towards the airport / Rama IX, keep going straight to Din Daeng. The expressway ends there, which is where you keep in the right lane to enter the tollway.

image.png.98bda1b03c42e7df32e7b0b89c799c43.png

- Then you say once off the tollway? What does that mean. How long do I stay on that road? Highway 2?

When the tollway ends, merge onto the highway on the right, which is the main one to all points North and Northeast of Bangkok.

When it splits on the outskirts of Bangkok to the left to go to Nakhon Sawan, keep going straight to Saraburi. 

image.png.6ce67577b8eb43db5f01f627f8b769ea.png

At Saraburi, stay on it. You'll go over an overpass that turns to the right. It then becomes Highway 2. Stay on it and you'll eventually get to Korat.

image.png.2d9792a77a57584966d9df0099343c19.png

Basically, if you stay in the right hand lane from the time you enter the expressway, you'll get there.

thanks for helping me with this. please send me your bitcoin receive address wallet

• Haha 2

Buy a car telephone holder and use Google maps in your car. Simplest way. But as previous posts have said you don't have to go that far. If you're going from BTS Nana go into the far right hand lane at nana intersection so it seems like you're going on the wrong side of the road, but there is a lane there, and a bit further down you'll get to the tollway intersection on the right. From there just head north till you get to saraburi, then go on the ramp and head on Route 2 northeast towards korat.

Just after the Khao Yai intersection you'll find you can get on the new motorway which will deliver you to the outside of korat. No toll yet because they haven't built the toll booths.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No.

The best way from Nana to there is to ask your favorite bar girls if one of them wants to visit "home".

Very likely you will find one who will know exactly how to go there.

Enjoy!

I bet one of the girls has trapped him into driving her to Korat either as a free ride plus perhaps even charging him for her service or even worse to meet her family. Run boy run. In related matter why not use the bloody google map which directs you to the shortest route at any given time. Maybe a windup. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1