The Thai restaurant service experience

Everyman

9 minutes ago, bob smith said:

why do you always reduce things to their lowest common denominator, frits?

I can tell you from personal experience that it matters not what kind of establishment you visit in Thailand. The service is very rarely better than just OK..

bob.

I can tell you from personal experience that it does matter and have had great service.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

OMG that really exists? 15k baht for food anywhere in Thailand is wild but I didn't expect this in Chiang Mai.

Oh yes, Redbox  and Chef House will set you back 10,000 to 15,000 depending on what you order.

The food and service are excellent, but of course nowhere near 30 times better to say Idin Klin Krog or Rock me Burger or Je Hua. 

That's why I don't have a problem with service sometimes not being on point,  because the prices normally are way below what one should pay for it.

Edited by Cameroni

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The only one that stands out consistently for me is the staff screwing around, talking loudly, laughing, not checking on the customer.

always playing on the phone!!!

facetime with bf etc..

that is a sackable offence in the UK.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bob smith said:

happens to me all the time!

Now go on, tell me it's all my fault..

bob.

All the time you say.

You are the common denoimator... so yes, likely is your fault.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Maybe it's you? We are always welcomed with smiles and prompt service.

I think it's the OP. The only restaurant I was ever in like that was Kiss in Pattaya, and it was always like that. I ate there because it was cheap, but I never expected anything regarding service.

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

can it not just be that thai service is lousy across the board?

bob.

By your own admission and backed up by the myriad of threads you post you have issues with Thai people and Thailand nearly every waking moment.

The problem has to be you..... or you just forget what bullsh1t you post when p!ssed up.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

By your own admission and backed up by the myriad of threads you post you have issues with Thai people and Thailand nearly every waking moment.

The problem has to be you..... or you just forget what bull<deleted> you post when p!ssed up.

...and I was just starting to like you, Ralf!

what's in your lunch box today??

bob.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

A zero for effort creating this inane 'thaibelter'topic! 'Everyman' username? your kidding right... 'No man'suits much better! 

I think “Karen” would be a better name for him.

If it doesn’t like it here maybe he should try out the airport.

With a one way ticket back to s41tville.

2 hours ago, Everyman said:

1. Arrive at the restaurant and are either ignored or ordered to sit down.

2. Presented a menu and expected to “MAKE UP YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW AND ORDER IMMEDIATELY OH MY BUDDHA WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG.”

3. Staff run off as soon as you order one thing. So you have to get up and chase after them to them the rest of your order. (in the case of western food)

4. Staff deliver your food requiring that you acknowledge them and interrupting your conversation to do so but then run away like the devil himself is chasing them.

5. Staff disappear or engage in a very noisy conversation with the fellow staff and never check on anything.

6. You could wait all day for them to bring your bill but they never will. You have to stand up like you are going to leave. 

I know someone will say “oh no Thailand is not like that at all.” sorry. i don’t believe you. 

someone will say “oh they’re not professional staff in Thailand they’re just helping out.” really? more like they don’t care are you are making excuses for them. 

Either you are doing something to annoy them or you don't understand how Thai restaurants work. You could always go to Maccers. No problem with service there.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

He doesn't mention a "she" in the OP. Perhaps he doesn't have one.

If he does, yes, that's the "she's" job, that we pay them to do.

Except I was not responding to the OP in that post.

3 hours ago, Everyman said:

2. Presented a menu and expected to “MAKE UP YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW AND ORDER IMMEDIATELY OH MY BUDDHA WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG.”

3. Staff run off as soon as you order one thing. So you have to get up and chase after them to them the rest of your order. (in the case of western food)

4. Staff deliver your food requiring that you acknowledge them and interrupting your conversation to do so but then run away like the devil himself is chasing them.

5. Staff disappear or engage in a very noisy conversation with the fellow staff and never check on anything.

6. You could wait all day for them to bring your bill but they never will. You have to stand up like you are going to leave. 

I know someone will say “oh no Thailand is not like that at all.” sorry. i don’t believe you. 

someone will say “oh they’re not professional staff in Thailand they’re just helping out.” really? more like they don’t care are you are making excuses for them. 

Having a bad day?

3 hours ago, Everyman said:

Wow, just wow, 

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Maybe not in your world..... which does not surpise because your world is based on bullsh1t !!

the business world is literally swimming in bullsh1t!

and you are the life guard, it would seem..

bob.

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If you say so bullsh1t bobby.

...enjoy your brown-nosing event with the 'suits' from head office tonight :cheesy:

don't forget to take a breather every now and then!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith