Social media uproar over 1,500 baht police fee for minor accident

fat whales in brown seeking to get fatter. Had the plaintiffs stayed put and called out the police they would have been charged nada... I had 2 minor accidents with police called in and never had to pay them... like pigs at the trough...

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

It' all just a misunderstanding I inadvertently gave him my Whisky bill from last night, instead of the free police report, and I thought he was just being kind, an honest mistake, that any cop could make.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The police have yet to issue an official statement regarding the incident or clarify the legitimacy of the fee and the receipt provided. As the debate continues online, many are calling for a thorough investigation and clearer guidelines to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

because they know it was not a legitimate fee. What can RTP do when they want cash? If a receipt is asked for it they must make up something.. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

after reporting a minor accident at a police station,

Why would you report to the police at all? Minor accident, no injuries - just call your insurance and have them take care of everything!

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Why would you report to the police at all? Minor accident, no injuries - just call your insurance and have them take care of everything!

You would be surprised how many are driving without insurance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1