Buakhao flooded again

scubascuba3

So far they have not done so bad in the last few years, dare we say the drainage at R-Con has helped? I seem to recall getting stuck in that area  multiple times each year in my early days here. Watching the water level climbing up my bike in fear or riding in it with ruined footwear.

28 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I know how to fix it.

Dig it up and install larger pipes. 🙂 While at it, put in lots of u-turns when the road is fixed. Don't worry about the sidewalks.

Just trying to be helpful.

Yep when they did the Buakhao drainage a few years ago the pipes were about 12 inches diameter, clearly not enough

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Why pick on Buakhao, it was pretty much all of Pattaya?

Infamous for flooding. It used to be a swamp and has aspirations to be one again one day!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

And how many times have they installed new drains? To many times to count...

It's nothing about counting the times drains have been installed, but the trickle down economy. 🙂

• Like 1

It drains much faster now but they can't make the pipes big enough to completely handle a monsoon downpour.  They need to turn some streets into dual use streets/spillways, like they have done in Hua Hin.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 2

Larger pipes obviously help but they've got to get the water OUT of the pipes, if you don't, they just act like a reservoir, fill up, then back up which is what's happening now in most parts of the city. I don't know how many times they've installed larger pipes on beach road and it's still the same. I guess the constant construction does provide a steady stream of revenue for all those involved........:wink:

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Larger pipes obviously help but they've got to get the water OUT of the pipes, if you don't, they just act like a reservoir, fill up, then back up which is what's happening now in most parts of the city. I don't know how many times they've installed larger pipes on beach road and it's still the same. I guess the constant construction does provide a steady stream of revenue for all those involved........:wink:

i thought the much larger pipes were to hold the water for a while, I wouldn't be surprised though if they were semi blocked

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Good to see the 2 year disruption to my life with the fitting of huge water pipes on soi 15 was for a good reason....not!

Or was it at least not as flooded on bukhao around soi 15?

At least it drains a lot quicker.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe but if you have a business that floods, the fact it drains a bit faster is little consolation 

Well much faster draining must also equal lower flood height level so there is that

• Agree 1